Question

mnoruz11

Capital One Authorized User credit reporting
My wife is the main account holder on the Capitol One card and i am an authorized user on the account with my own card. We went over the available balance by $5 and was penalized and both of our credit scores fell my being the worse by 100 pts (not much credit on my account). We have since then payed this balance down to $78. My wife's credit jumped back up however mine didn't move at all. Has anyone experienced this before and if so what steps do i need to take to get this fixed. As of now my credit report shows the balance is lower however my score wasn't affected once the credit card was paid down.

Most Helpful Response

Hi mnoruz11! My fiance is also an authorized user on my Chase credit card and a similar thing happened to us. I made a late payment and our credit scores were penalized. Mine recovered after a brief amount of time but his hasn't yet. I'd love to hear an answer!