Question

Leifler

Canceling a never used card?
OK, so I applied for a amazon card for a free gift card. Got my "free stuff" and was going to cancel it when I got it. CK told me that my score went down from 780 to 760's due to the inquiry, no biggie. Then when the card showed up with its little $500 limit my score went to 690's.......... I wasn't too worried because I figured it'd straighten out long before I was going to need my score. Now a sweet house deal in the works my score a month later is back into 706. I am not sure if canceling this useless card will help me jump back to 780 or will give me another pointless drop into the 600's? I am so confused how this affected my score by 100 points.

(didn't cancel it right away out of laziness.....now I'm regretting my free stuff.)