Question

danilynn9605

Can I get a credit card off my credit report which shows I am an authorized user?
I have been divorced from the cardholder for 5 years and no longer have any access to the account.

Most Helpful Response

Yes, contact the credit bureaus and tell them that you are no longer an authorized user on this account and you want it removed from your reports. However, if the account is in good standing, it could cause harm to your credit if you do not have a healthy credit portfolio of your own.

(could cause harm to your profile if you REMOVE the card, is what I meant)