Question

leosfire

Can I apply for a credit card around the same time as a new auto loan or should I wait?
Our bankruptcy was discharged almost a year ago. Since then, my husband and I have each opened a capital one credit card that we use for gas and pay off each month. This seems to have helped our credit A LOT.

Our lease, which was not in the bk, was up and we had to get a car, so we purchased the one we were leasing. We did this just a couple days ago and were very happy that our payments stayed around the same. We would like to get a rewards credit card, but were not sure if we should wait until the loan posts on our credit report. If so, how long should we wait?

Thanks!