Question

Posted in Auto Insurance

iPhoneRon

Can auto insurance companies calculate their own score or do they have to use your credit score?
I have AAA auto insurance in Michigan. How come they aren't required by law to use the auto insurance score on your credit report. They told me they hired a company to pull credit reports on all of their customers and they calculate there own insurance score. With Credit Karma my insurance score is like a 900, but with AAA it's only 454. They raised my auto insurance $100 per month because of my credit. Before you say no way. It's true they did. My next statement was $377 per month onle jeep full coverage and my 1999 dodge stratus with just comp. $3770 per year no tickets and no accidents. Maybe someone can shed some light on this for me. I think the whole insurance thing is a big scam.