Question

jrecruz

Can a judgement be brought against me now for a vehicle repossession from 1999?
I had a vehicle repossessed in California in 1999. A few weeks ago, I received a copy of a judgement that was awarded in the State of North Carolina back in 2006, where I currently live. If a judgement was awarded in 2006, why are they just now contacting me? Can they still come after me? I don't have the money to pay and I'm afraid they will try to garnish my wages. I'm barely getting by as it is...Isn't there a statue of limitations?

Thanks