Question

nmooreaz

Can a creditor keep reporting every month after 7-10 years even if they transfer to another company?
I have a old repossesion on a vehicle that was 7 years ago. The account keeps moving through several other agencies and now after trying to get a mortgage I was told they report it every month. This is affecting my credit score even more. The last 6 years I have been trying to improve it, but every time they report each month it hurts it. Can they do this? I am also confused on the Statute of Limitation because the original creditor was in CA, the debt incurred in WA, and now I live in AZ. The new collection agency is in MA. So who's statue of Limitation do I go off of? I am so lost.