Question

PatrickH317

Can a civil credit card judgement be removed once co wrote it off and income taxes were paid to IRS?
A law firm issued the civil judgement on a disputed credit card for around $9K from 2009. The credit card company wrote the debt off last year (2013) and I paid taxes on it as if it were income. Do you still owe that judgement to the scrupulous law firm or can I ask them to remove it. I heard that it is either or: you pay the judgement with all their ridiculous fees or when the debt is written off and taxes are paid that it is satisfied and should be removed from the credit report. I appreciate any clarity on the situation! Thanks!!