Can a charge off account start reporting delinquent pymts if I don't have a pymt agr with them?
I have a charge off account that just started reporting I am delinquent with payments each month. I don't have a payment agreement with them, haven't ever spoke or written to them. The account is rightfully on my report, 2.5 years old since first reported. I think they are also reporting the past due balance as a loan - as each month on credit karma there is an account that shows up as "other loans" and the amount increases each month, although my car loan is reporting correctly and the balance on it continues to decrease and it is the only loan I have. The charge off is from an apartment I had to leave before the lease was up as I was laid off. The apt complex would not work with me and sold my debt to a collection agency - they have it listed on my report for the full 9 months of rent that were left on my lease, and keep increasing the amount due each month on my credit report. Can they report late payments on an account that is listed on my report as a charge off and I have no payment agreement with them, and is it possible they are somehow coding it as a loan and reporting higher balances each month?