Question

QbanJoe

Authorized user

An authorized user is when someone adds you to their credit card so that you can use the card with permission.  The authorized user has no legal obligation to pay the account.   The company will report both the authorized user and the primary account holder to the credit bureau.  If the account is in good standing, has been established for a long period of time and has low utilization, this can be used to bolster the credit score of the authorized user.

CCCoogan

This makes no sense.  You state "The AU has no legal obligation to pay the account since it's with permission".  Why should we be affected with their scores whether good standing or not?  It should have no bearing at all.  I've been trying to establish my own credit.  I only use the "permisson card" only when hubby sends me to make a purchase when he can't.  I don't wish for his card to bolster my credit score,  Do we contact Experian and TransUnion?  Will they make the change?