Question

heyhoudini

Anyone heard of a company called 365-Credit, are they legit for bad credit auto refinance?
I applied on lending tree about a month ago to refinance, my credit is in the "poor" category. I received a call from a company called 365-Credit, the only information I can find on them is their website. They weren't able to tell me who the originating lender was that referred me to them (yes, red flag) but I've been trying to find any information about them before I give them any of mine. I also had applied through my personal bank, who confirmed that if they can't approve me, they will send it to underwriters to look over my information. Does anyone know if they are legit? Thank you so very much for any help!

I have heard of them

I recently heard of them. Same scenario as you, applied through lending tree and was contacted by them. However they were asking for information from me they should have already attained by my application on lending tree. I believe that lending tree sells the information maybe, or 365 is somehow intercepting the information.  Either way, I wouldn't deal with them. They tried putting me on with Lexington Law as well, who also did not have any of my information. I simply hung up on Lexington Law (assuming that's who they really connected me to) to see if they'd try to contact me again and they didn't. It seemed fishy to ask for information of mine that was already submitted on an application for refinancing. I say it's a sham. 

365 resources

Yes, I was contacted by this organization as well and they were unable to provide me with any information regarding their company. The operator transferred me to Lexington Law. I hung up because I am not interested in Lexington Law, I'm interested in purchasing a vehicle. I would say that these guys are working off of leads from the internet.

re: Lexington Law

RE: in response to credit score about Lexington Law... do you work for them?  

They are far from good or reputable.  Nor are they cheap.

Take a review of their ratings and reviews by the BBB, ConsumerAfairs, etc.   Run, run fast!

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/legal/lexington_law.html

https://www.bbb.org/utah/business-reviews/credit-repair-services-no-advance-fee/lexington-law-firm-in-north-salt-lake-ut-2000829/reviews-and-complaints

Law suit settlement: https://www.bbb.org/utah/business-reviews/credit-repair-services-no-advance-fee/lexington-law-firm-in-north-salt-lake-ut-2000829

CCredit Karma gave them your info.

I filled out a short form trying to get a new car on credit karma.  Karma is the operative word.  Since then I have had strange numbers calling me asking for personal information.  They talk really fast trying to get your information but are slow to give there's out.  So while I was on the phone with this woman with the thickest accent I've ever heard, I googled the company 365 Resources.  The website really doesn't give any information.  So I asked her what do they do, and she says we do credit recovery.  I said no thank you. 

How do you start off asking someone about trying to get a car then start asking them all kinds of personal information that has nothing to do with my getting a car. 

Yeah

I got a call from them, they tried a spiel on me, I asked for more information, they didn't have answers, then they hung up, I called back nobody answered it. I called them back and someone different answered and tried a spiel like they called me... I told them no you didn't call me, take me off your list stop calling me or I'll get my lawyer, thank you have a good day and hung up on them. Hopefully that's the end of that.

365 Resources - South Dakota

Just received a call from them as well. I told her I don't give out personal financial information to mystery companies that call me out of the blue without any prior communication. I have no idea what form I filled out for them to have received my contactinformation.

<rant>

Why isn't it a Federal Law that anyone who contacts you must disclose from whom they received your contact information? How is it possible that agencies are allowed to share your contact information without the resulting agency being required to disclose from whom your information was received? Why should we as consumers have to "guess" which agency shared your contact information either with or without permission? 

</rant>

I think I know what you mean it's okay

I'll answer the last question of South Dakota.  I think the reason that third-parties cannot disclose where they obtained your information from originally, is likely because of an agreement they have with lenders like Lending Tree.  I'm pretty sure the sharing of information to other creditors is in the Terms and Conditions somewhere but noone reads them fully (don't blame you).  On the other side, though, insurance expeirence working for a third party agency also I remember that the forms we were given for follow-ups were actually from internet based leads and a few direct mailings that were given to us.  In the end it really didn't matter how we got their information it was WHY and that was ~because~ the customer's main interest was help with information about policies.  From there we would explain to them we partnered with various of the top (and I do mean top) of the agencies in America.  The ultimate goal was to help people not weight them down with who, what, when, where, how.  Plus, most the time (in this instance) lenders are too busy and cannot always directly follow-up with their own leads, so they source them outwards.  It's like a lawyers cycle.  Have any of you ever heard of a lawyer referral program?  From those who haven't it;s like a hotline you call to find a lawyer for your situation and then (in this case) pay a feww for the consultation.

From my understanding, 365 has free consultations to some of the very best credit repair companies in existence in USA.  It sounds like those calls you were receiving were screening calls to qualify you for the consultation.  That's likely what happened.  I wouldn't doubt that.  And from what I've seen and heard online, Lexington Law (I think someone mentioned that above) is actually a very good and reputable company.  Don't see why people would have a problem getting their credit repaired at very small prices.  WHo doesn;t need good credit?  Isn't that why we're here?  In fact, CreditKarma doesn't even give you an Accurate credit score.  It'll usually be off by many points I'd say 50+ or more.  I was suprised when I saw my real credit score from the bureaus compared to credit karma's score.  You just have to know what you're doing and understand the reasons that we're even looking for credit. Lower interest, more money saved, best deals when asking lenders for money.  I would rather do a credit repair company than file bankruptcy, my opinion.