Question

ShayKenzie

420 to 650 credit score, how can I get there and how long will it take???
Hello,
I am in the process of rebuilding my credit!

3/14/2017 TU 420 EQ 409

My credit details:

1 judgement on all bureaus (disputed and removed)
1 collection for 342 (disputed and removed TWICE now)
Victorias secret credit card (closed charged off, disputed and removed)
1 repossession on all 3 credit bureaus
Closed wells fargo credit card all 3 bureaus
Home Choice furniture closed, charged off on TU and EQ
5 late payments on current auto loan

Right now, I am trying to focus on paying my car note on time now since I got hit pretty bad with the 5 late payments. Should I pay off any closed accounts? I disputed the ones listed above and they were delete but never paid. Should I work out payment arrangements? The only negative and closed accounts are my home choice, wells fargo credit card, the reposession and 20 hard inquires.

I was planning to leave the repo alone and let it fall off in 4 years because I already have another car and auto loan. I also just got approved for the Capital One Secured Credit card with a $200 limit; $99 deposit. It is being mailed to me.

Should I pay off the judgement, victorias secret and the 342 dollar collection that keeps resurfacing on my reports? They were all deleted from my report but I never paid them off and I do not want it to come back and bite me in the rearend! I am trying to buy a home and I want to be debt free and have a score of 650, I am 230 whopping points away from my goal!

Most Helpful Response

It's gonna take a lot of time... the negative entries will remain on your credit report for seven years. Pay off the judgement ASAP, else they'll garnish your paycheck, which will put you in a bind. The charged-off stuff makes no sense to pay - the creditor(s) already counted it as gone, and it'll still hang around on your credit report for seven years no matter what you do (unless you negotiate a pay-for-removal agreement with them.)
--

Be careful on the repo... they may take it to court, so it may be worth your while to look towards paying it off when they come around and demand $x to settle it.