22-year-old seeking fast credit building advice - PLEASE HELP!!
I am a young adult, 22, trying to move out and many places will not accept me as a tenant unless I have good credit. Currently, to my understanding, I have a credit score of 000. I have not had a credit check done myself, but when I applied for an apartment the leasing agent told me I did not have a credit score. I know I have an unpaid medical bill of $60 that went to collections over 24 months ago and am unsure why this would not show on my credit report. I also just applied for a Secure Credit Card via MasterCard and was approved with a $49 deposit and $200 credit limit just today (8/28/15). I am looking to build my credit as soon as possible so that I can move out as soon as possible. Please, help!

Here are my questions:

1. Why is the debt from my medical bill not reflecting on my credit score and, since I opened a secure card, is it now going to reflect on my score?

2. My grandma has amazing credit and no debt! Would you advise that I have her add me as an authorized user onto her credit card(s) to help build my credit, in addition to having my own secure credit card?
-If yes, how many cards should I be authorized on? 1, 2, 3?
-How long should I do this for?
-Do I need to actually use the card myself to build credit or just be listed as an authorized user?

3. How long should I have my secure card? Do I cancel it after that period of time or can I upgrade it to a regular credit card (if so, does this avoid canceling the card and hurting my score)?

4. Are there any other steps I can take to help build my credit score?

There is NO FAST way to Credit History

1.  Find out who is holding the note and pay it off

2.  I would advise her NOT to add you, and don't think of asking.

3.  Plan on having a Secured CC for 3 to 5 Years min.  while you have it you should get a few other CC's 3 to 5 over the 5 years and start building your credit history.  

4.  There are apartments that will rent without a credit score some require a higher security deposit other just don't require it keep looking.

Never ask anyone to Co-Sign from anything.

To Build a good base to your credit history it will take you almost 5 years.    A good Solid Histroy around 8 to 10 years.  Put a 1,2 and 3 year plan together.

Take a look at my profile and you will see a timeline for my current Credit History.  You won't be doing this over a one or 2 month period it will take your YEARS.

Good Luck

Credit History takes time, so does your Credit Score.