We think it's important for you to understand how we make money. It's pretty simple, actually. The offers for financial products you see on our platform come from companies who pay us. The money we make helps us give you access to free credit scores and reports and helps us create our other great tools and educational materials.
Compensation may factor into how and where products appear on our platform (and in what order). But since we generally make money when you find an offer you like and get, we try to show you offers we think are a good match for you. That's why we provide features like your Approval Odds and savings estimates.
Of course, the offers on our platform don't represent all financial products out there, but our goal is to show you as many great options as we can.
Thinking about purchasing a Peloton indoor cycling bike but not sure how to cover the cost? Peloton makes it easy to finance your equipment through Affirm.
If you’ve decided to get a Peloton bike or treadmill (or both!), you might be considering how you’ll cover the cost. With equipment starting around $1,495 , it’s a major purchase, so you might want to spread your payments out over time by using Affirm, Peloton’s finance partner.
Let’s take a closer look at how financing a Peloton through Affirm works, what you’ll need to apply and what some other options may be if you don’t want to use Affirm.
- How Peloton financing works
- How to finance a Peloton
- Can I get a Peloton with bad credit?
- How to finance a Peloton without Affirm
How Peloton financing works
Affirm, which is Peloton’s financing partner, will do a soft pull on your credit when you apply for financing. The lender’s review of your loan eligibility won’t affect your credit scores.
If you’re approved for a loan, you may be able to get 0% APR financing with no money down. But not everyone can qualify. Affirm says on its website that a down payment may be required and that interest rates range between 0% and 30%, depending on the strength of your credit.
Loan terms are flexible. You can spread your payments over 12, 24, 39 or 43 months.
Unfortunately, loans apply only to Peloton equipment, so you won’t be able to finance the $39 monthly all-access Peloton membership fee that lets you access classes.
How to finance a Peloton
It’s unclear on the Peloton site what information you’ll need to provide in order to apply for Affirm financing, but according to Affirm, you’ll need to do the following:
- Select Affirm as a payment method during checkout
- Use your mobile number to set up an Affirm account or log into an existing account
- See if you’re approved
You’ll also have to be 18 years of age and provide your Social Security number to apply for a loan.
Read our full review of Affirm to learn more about Peloton’s lending partner.
Can I get a Peloton with bad credit?
When reviewing your application, Affirm will consider your credit scores, payment history and ability to make your monthly payments. If you don’t qualify for Affirm to finance the full cost of your Peloton purchase, you may be asked to make a down payment.
How to finance a Peloton without Affirm
If financing your Peloton purchase through Affirm isn’t a good fit or you’re worried you may not be able to qualify, here are some other options that can help you finance this large purchase.
- Pay cash upfront. If you have the cash to cover the cost of the Peloton purchase, you won’t have to worry about making monthly payments. If you don’t have the money saved, you can work on saving toward the expense.
- Use a credit card with a 0% APR. Using a credit card with a 0% APR introductory offer can help you finance the purchase of a Peloton without additional interest charges. But to avoid interest charges, you’ll have to pay off the purchase before the introductory offer expires.
- Find another financing partner. Using another “buy-now, pay-later” app to get the cash you need might also be an option. Check out our roundup of 4 companies like Affirm.
- Use the Peloton app only. You don’t need Peloton-branded equipment to use the app, so you might consider using a bike you already have or finding a less expensive option to buy. At $12.99 a month for digital membership, you can access workouts without having to pay a hefty price tag for a new Peloton treadmill or bike.