LendKey Student Loans Reviews

From Product Users in the last year

Compare Student Loans

Check out refinancing options or shop for a new student loan.

SHOP STUDENT LOANS

These reviews were written by current and former product users in the last year.

Oct 20, 2017
Not good if you plan to pay off sooner
QtD13 Product User

Lendkey reps were always pleasant while speaking with them, but nobody could give me the correct answer about my loans. It took way too long for lendkey and nelnet to communicate leading to a high principle amount because of the time it took to switch over.

I also was told that when paying extra, it would be separate from my automatic monthly payment. this was also not true. Their website takes >/= 1 week to become accurate after payments and is not very user friendly.

The low interest rate was nice but the website is inconvenient and if you plan to pay your loan off faster than intended with automatic payments, don't choose lend key. Because I paid extra towards my loan my automatic monthly payment was lowered, therefore making it even more difficult for me to knock down the principle amount.

thumbs down honestly, and I rather have stuck with Nelnet and paid extra than have switched to lendkey.

Aug 24, 2017
Super easy and great savings
Anonymous Product User

My student loan rates were pretty high and I was able to get them into one and at a much lower rate. I did have a few questions along the way but they answered everything. Extra money in the pocket is certainly nice. Their interface could use some improvements but everything else was fantastic.

Aug 02, 2017
Student Loan
Anonymous Product User

You may get approved from a student loan, however, the issues arise once you have to pay the loan off. They generate statements about a week prior to payment being due and it must be ACH or account already verified otherwise it takes a minimum or three business days to set up the account in their system. Additionally, the staff is not fully trained to answer to handle questions outside of the scripted responses and talking to a supervisor is near impossible unless you file a complaint. Interest rates kept going up on my variable loan although my credit kept going up and no history of missed payments. I ended up refinancing with a fixed loan with a bank for a much lower rate and a shorter term that ended up being a little over the monthly payments I was making to lendkey.

How would you rate this product overall?

What should others know about this product?