Discover Student Loans – this loan offer is no longer available on Credit Karma Reviews

From Product Users in the last year

Compare Student Loans

Check out refinancing options or shop for a new student loan.

SHOP STUDENT LOANS

These reviews were written by current and former product users in the last year.

Jun 13, 2018
Good overall
KelKelley1 Product User

Was a good student loan experience. I luckily had a cosigner with great credit so my interest rates are low and now that I am out of school my monthly payments are low.

Jan 25, 2018
A decent product if you have good credit
cmw45 Product User

This is a decent product if you have good credit and would like to procure a loan without a cosigner. Unfortuantely, despite being a private student loan, Discover sends the funds directly to the university. While this isn't a huge deal, as an adult student, the loan is to help cover my living expenses and not tuition. Unfortunately, that means the school has to first deposit the funds before giving me a check for the exact amount Discover mailed them. If you have a school with a robust and efficient bursar's office, this isn't a problem. However, if you attend a large underfunded state school it can take weeks to receive these funds (it took me four weeks last semester) even though you are paying interest on the loan every single day since it's disbursement. If Discover insist on disbursing funds directly to the school, it seems unfair that students must pay interest on the loans prior to receiving funds.

How would you rate this product overall?

What should others know about this product?