Flagstar Bank Mortgage

NMLS ID# 417490

3.9

Dec 11, 2020
Very pleasant

Good experience so far. Good communication. Recommended.

Jul 01, 2019
Scurrilous lender. STAY AWAY !

This bank is like an incurable disease. It's the plague of the mortgage industry. Just do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for a mortgage.

We don’t have rates available from Flagstar Bank Mortgage. See rates on the lender’s site

Average rates from other lenders

Refinance rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • Refinance • Primary residence • ZIP: 77009 • Loan balance: $230,000 • Est. home value: $287,500

We didn’t find rates for you right now. See what would happen if something changes.

Explore refinance calculator

Purchase rates

Average home details

Credit score: 720–739 • Purchase • Primary residence • ZIP: 77009 • Price: $300,000 • Down payment: 20%

Explore buying power simulator

All reviews (119)

Jun 12, 2021
Best place for a first time buyer

I’d definitely recommend them to friends and family! They help me every step of the process

Jun 10, 2021
A very pleasant experience with pleasant people.

This was a Refi with my existing mortgage holder. It was an easy process and I was guided through it all by very competent women.

Jun 10, 2021
DO NOT RECOMMEND

Took months to refinance and then my closing amounts were not what I was told they would be.

Jun 03, 2021
Very helpful

A very special And a experience leander a five star

May 12, 2021
Very good at first with a confusing closing

The initial inquiry by myself over the phone was comfortable. I did not feel intimidated. My bank employee walked me through the initial prospective application for a re-fi

A little tedious.

They worked hard for me. But it took 4 months. I liked the personnel.

Building a Relationship

The Relationship Banker was friendly, explained everything, was responsive to questions I had, and made the loan process easy. I am very happy with this financial institution; they make you feel like family.

May 11, 2021
Rates were competitive, but I am not sure if I knew what I do today if I would go there for another mortgage.

The people who I interacted with were great. The volume of paperwork that they requested and the endless explanations to check boxes on their forms was absurd. We are mature adults with credit scores above 780.

May 10, 2021
good bank

excellent servicing of loan--made sure all was paid to taxes,etc on time

Apr 22, 2021
Mortgage experience

Experience was very good. I did get a little frustrated w the length of time it took and some communication issues.

Average rates from other lenders

Refinance rates

Explore refinance calculator

Purchase rates

Explore buying power simulator

††These ratings and reviews are provided by our users. The articles you read here come from the opinions of our editorial team. Lenders do not endorse or guarantee this content, are not responsible for it, and may not even be aware of it. Credit Karma receives compensation from third-party advertisers, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when it’s posted.

About These Rates: The lenders whose rates and other terms appear on this site are our advertising partners. The interest rates, annual percentage rates, and other terms advertised here are estimates provided by those advertising partners based on the information you entered above and they do not bind any lender. The monthly payment amounts and APRs shown here do not include taxes and insurance. Lender Fees include application, commitment, underwriting, processing fees or similar fees and do not include most third party fees, such as title insurance, tax service, escrow and other such fees in which the lender does not profit and are passed directly through to the borrower. Any potential savings figures are estimates based on the information provided by you and our advertising partners. While we will always do our best to provide you with accurate rate data, rates change frequently, and each advertising partner is responsible for the accuracy and availability of its own advertised terms. Your actual annual percentage rate and loan terms will be determined by the advertising partner’s assessment of your creditworthiness and other factors after you select and apply for a loan product.

The credit scores you see on Credit Karma use the VantageScore 3.0 scoring model. Rates shown here may be retrieved using a different scoring model, and our advertising partners may also use a different scoring model when assessing your creditworthiness.

The rates and other terms shown here may differ from those an advertising partner displays on its own website or on other advertising platforms. When evaluating offers, please review the advertising partner’s terms and conditions for details. These rates and other terms were retrieved via the Mortech rate engine.

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from which Credit Karma receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). It is this compensation that enables Credit Karma to provide you with services like free access to your credit scores and free monitoring of your credit and financial accounts at no charge. Credit Karma strives to provide a wide array of offers for our members, but our offers do not represent all financial services companies or products. We do not endorse any lender or provider, in particular.

Please see the additional terms and conditions related to any Credit Karma mortgage promotions.