68 Cardholder Reviews

Results 1-10 of 68Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 7   Previous | Next

Reports to all three credit bureaus Helpful to 6 out of 6 people

I applied for this card just because if you apply they offer you ten percent off, even if you do not get approved they give you the ten percent.  At the time I knew, or at least thought I knew that I would not get approved but sixty seconds later it came through as approved for $300.00.  I was shocked but happy because I thought I had absolutely dreadful credit.  I do not have good credit by any means but getting an account opened that reports to the big three has been a good thing.  I have now pulled my credit report and started to actively try and make it better.  I usually go shopping there for clothes when I need something and immediately after I pay with my card, I ask to make a payment on my kohls card in the full amount, that way it is just like I was using cash except I get the benefit of the reporting.  Obviously not a good card for keeping a balance on but if you use it the way that I mentioned then there is not much that can go wrong.  Pay at the register in full after purchase and no worries about the bill not showing up or the payment not clearing through the website on time.

Atavanhalen's review was:

Sep 02, 2013 Reply

Atavanhalen(2, 8)

Review by Atavanhalen

You get good discounts for using the card. HOWEVER, it is the only card I own that does not allow you to set up automatic payments. This means you need to remember to login each month to pay the bill. I had switched to online bills and forgot to sign in. To their credit, they called to remind us to pay (a week before the second bill was due, after the the first billing period when I did not pay). My wife spoke to them and got them to waive the late fee. But it would be much easier if I could simply have their site pay my bill automatically.

Another nice feature is that if your bill is over $50, you don't have to pay in full and won't be charged interest. But once again, you've got to login and make the payment. I have not had any problems submitting the payment once I remember to login, despite what others here have said.

misterbill99's review was:

Aug 08, 2012 Reply

misterbill99(1, 4)

Review by misterbill99

If the problem is remembering to pay your bill automatically each month, go to your checking and set up Bill Pay with your Bank and your Bank will make the payment to Kohl's each month.(if you do not have the feature find a new Bank) Some Banks are better than other at doing Pay Bill. I use Ally and they will send you the information on how much you owe each month on your accounts.  You can keep your entire bill paying in one spot.

SonnyHoney54's reply was:

Nov 20, 2012

SonnyHoney54(42, 170)

Top Contributor

Review by SonnyHoney54

Top Contributor

You are so happy! So, I have to tell you. I paid online. Then, I was charged $25 return fee; and they didn't tell me why my payment was returned. (Don't expect they tell you a thing; I had to find out myself). I checked with my bank which said there was no return of return fee charged under my checking account. You think by yourself. From now on, if I have to purchase by Kohls charge, I refer to pay in store by cash. By this way, they cannot trick and strip off me.

Don't have payment reminders. Helpful to 7 out of 8 people

With Kohls credit for 2+ years. MVC member.
If you miss one payment - never receive the statement - they will ruin your credit rating. I had perfect credit, and they filed a "deliquency" over a bill for about $75 that was paid late.  When they alerted me to the problem by phone, I paid the bill over the phone immediately. They even removed the late fee. But by that time, the "deliquency" was sent to the credit reporting bureaus, and Kohl's refused to remove it.

May 09, 2013 Reply

EXACT same thing happened to me. Are they scamming? I charged $55 and never got any bills at all. My first bill was supposedly due June 17, 2013, and they sent it against my credit on July 22. It's so ridiculous. I NEVER use this card, so I had no idea when the bill would be due, I relied on Kohl's to tell me this. TERRIBLE thing to do to people. I had PERFECT credit, no strikes, and now my score is down ONE HUNDRED POINTS over a $55 bill. I am devastated! I did dispute it, but they did not do anything about it. I am NOT done with this. They can't get away with this. My only contact from them was the DAY it had already gone against my credit score. Wow, right? I called them back and paid it off, they even took off the late fees, but would NOT correct the credit score. IF YOU MUST SHOP AT KOHL'S... DO NOT USE THEIR STORE CARD!!! I will never, ever set foot in there again nor buy from them.

Cici23's reply was:

Aug 02, 2013

Cici23(7, 5)

Review by Cici23

$75? Mine was 68 cents and it got sent to credit reporting bureaus. After 3 years I tried to refi, and I had to write a letter about this late payment. I didn't get the statement either. They don't give you a chance.

sbm7's reply was:

Mar 28, 2014

sbm7(1, 0)

Review by sbm7

It's harsh. It was their fault not sending you a statement. Even that, ruined your credit. Dishonest people!

thank you kohls! Helpful to 3 out of 3 people

kohls cc  will always be my favorite card. they were the only one to issue me a credit card after my bankruptcy to help me re establish my credit. right away... after their first report too CB's my score jumped 50 points. i love their online payment center too!!! i have their bill pay page book marked along with my utility companies so i can check on account a few times a week. the other great perk is that i put my wife on as an authorized user and they report card on her credit too which now the card benefits both of our reports.

sacredheart's review was:

Jan 20, 2014 Reply

sacredheart(2, 3)

Review by sacredheart

Shady company Helpful to 3 out of 3 people

Had the card for a few months and never recieved a card, statements or documents. Asked three seperate times for paperwork and my credit card and never obtained it. This went on for a few months. They then pulled a 60 dollar payment from my account and said I authorized it. I never did and they refused to refund it. They then said they had a recording of me but refused to give me any information of the recording,

I also asked for documentation on the recording and the payment to which they refused and said they can't send me any paperwork regarding confirmations or agreements between me and the company. They then go back on that and when I call to ask for information then they say they can send me paperwork. So I get two to three different responses from them and I still have received nothing in the mail after repeated calls requesting my card and statements.

Canceled my card and have asked again for my statements for the remaining balance. It has been half a month and I still have recieved nothing.

So in my case the company flip flops its terms of use on me and refuses to send me documentation. I'm wondering if some of the things they did were legal but I am not going to take a company to court based off of 35 dollars.

May 28, 2013 Reply

Again, as I said above. They are heartless and irrational.

Don't switch to electronic billing Helpful to 5 out of 6 people

DON'T SWITCH FROM PAPER BILLS TO ELECTRONIC without paying very close attention to your account.  We switched and didn't receive an email about our bill for 3 months.  There was a small charge ($20) that I didn't know about, so after 3 months they finally sent an email telling me I had a bill.  When I went online my $20 charge was now $73 including $50 in late fees and $3 in interest.  They did reverse the $50 in late fees when we explained that we had changed to electronic and they hadn't sent us an email the first two months (verified that emails hadn't gone to spam or old).  BUT, they had reported us as delinquent payers to the reporting agencies, and refused to correct that.  We will not be using Kohls anymore!!!!

Nov 13, 2012 Reply

when paying your bills whether electronic or otherwise, it is always up to you to know when to pay, WAITING 3 months to tell you you had a bill that you must KNOWN you had is unreal. YOU failed to call or look online to pay your bill on time. It's your fault NOT THEIRS!

Jean1012's reply was:

Dec 29, 2013

Jean1012(1, 1)

Review by Jean1012

YES!!!!!! I don't remeber EVER switching to e-bills, not something I do, but they said I did. NEVER got an e-bill, and it was sent against my credit report less than 2 months after the first bill was due. Terrible company.

Cici23's reply was:

Aug 02, 2013

Cici23(7, 5)

Review by Cici23

They are heartless people!

Loves my Kohl's Card! Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

I have had this card since 2008. I am an MVC Kohl's charge card holder (After spending over $600 in one year on my first Kohl's charge card, they upgraded me to the MVC card, which offers more discounts. I probably have spent well over $600 every year that I have had this card so far). Kohls' website is easy to use, and you can make several online payments during each billing cycle. I have sometimes made 3 or 4 online payments in one billing cycle before, with no issues. You can also make payments in Kohl's, right at the register. As others have mentioned, It does not have automatic bill pay, but for me that is no problem. I can keep up with making payments on time with out automatic bill pay. I love this discounts this card offers me. I save tons with the many discounts I get for having this card. I can't believe so many other people have had so many problems with their Kohls cards. I love mine! My credit limit is only $400, but thats okay with me because I pay off the balance each month or right after I make a sizeable purchase. (This is one of the very first credit cards I ever received, hence the low CL. I haven't ever asked for an increase.). I never let the balance carry from month to month. I make sure and pay this one off every month because the interest is considerably higher than some cards (21.99%). Overall, I think if you like to shop at Kohl's, can remember to pay your bill on time, then this card is worth the discounts you receive.

Lilondi's review was:

Jul 22, 2013 Reply

Lilondi(3, 7)

Review by Lilondi

I am just glad I got approved, i had a charged off with capital one and they still approved me!!!

jaime7815702's review was:

Nov 05, 2012 Reply

jaime7815702(4, 2)

Review by jaime7815702

I love this card!!! I have had this card for about 3 years now and I have had no problems. Customer service is great. You get coupons twice a month and then if you a most valued customer you get even more savings. If you make a payment in the store it is an immediate transaction.

Sep 16, 2012 Reply

I agree with you. So, NEVER pay online or they will trick you in order to strip off your money.

Review by mor4309

The promotions that one receives by holding this card are very strong, ranging from 10% to 30% regularly. That makes it the right card to use when shopping at Kohl's.

For online shopping, Kohl's has an arrangement with Chase Ultimate Rewards, where one can get 10% back in Chase rewards by clicking through the Chase Ultimate Rewards site while still using your Kohl's card for the online purchase, adding to your regular Kohl's promotional savings.

The only drawback to this card is that online servicing site. It is amateur looking, often unavailable, and lacks good support by online bill pay providers like Yodlee for facilitating automatic full payments each cycle.

cdthompso1's review was:

Mar 03, 2012 Reply

cdthompso1(6, 17)

Review by cdthompso1

Results 1-10 of 68Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 7   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of Kohl's Charge Card

Cardholder Rating Distribution (68)

The Kohl's Charge Card, serviced by Capital One, offers shopping perks to Kohl's customers. Cardholders may receive exclusive benefits such as extra discounts, Account Ease bill-payment protection, online account management, no annual fee, and the opportunity to earn Most Valued Customer (MVC) status for additional benefits. MVC status adds features such as additional personal sale days and the MVC Premier Newsletter. My Kohl's Charge online account management allows cardholders to view itemized, easy-to-read statements online, pay bills, and activate and manage account. Applications are available online and in stores.

Headquartered in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, Kohl's is a family-focused department store offering moderately-priced apparel, accessories, shoes, beauty, and home products nationwide. With the motto “expect great things”, Kohl's operates approximately 1,089 stores across 49 states.

Kohl's Charge Card