3.0

Jun 19, 2021
Easy Approval Easy to Manage

I love the Kohl's card. I was approved when my average score was about 615. I got a $300 credit limit and I got great discounts for the first time use of the card. I went shopping on Memorial Day and I bought almost $400 worth of clothing for $160. They make it really easy to pay off the card: online, mail, phone, or in store. I am paying off the card in increments and will have it completely paid off before my due date. Payments post within 24 hours. They also give credit limit increases every three months with responsible use. I am excited about that prospect. The APR is a little on the high side, 29%, but it is a store card and they are really designed to be charge cards which are different that credit cards in that the full balance is expected to be paid by the due date. You can finance with Kohl's just be prepared to pay it off quickly to avoid the interest.

May 14, 2021
Trying to build credit, Do Not get this card

I acquired a kohl’s charge in March of 2021. Every single time I use the card and it reports to the credit agency hat I used it, I get a dropI’m my credit score. Every single on time payment, I get a drop in my credit score. It’s a trap. I put a small amount in this card each month and pay the balance when it’s due. I’m getting 2 drops in my credit score each month with this card. This is the economy month total I’ve had 5 credit score drops for using and paying this card. I only gave 1 other card. I only utilize less than 10 % combined utilization on both cards each month. This makes absolutely no sense at all. Since when does having a credit card, using your credit card, keeping your utilization under 30% each month and making full ontime payments continually ruin your credit?

All reviews

Jun 19, 2021
Easy Approval Easy to Manage

Jun 16, 2021
AWFUL credit card

I have been a customer for some time now. DO NOT get this credit card. customer service is AWFUL and it only hurts your credit. I have paid things on time and it still hurts your credit. you will spend a lot of time disputing your credit history with this credit card. please learn from my mistake.

May 20, 2021
Use it and pay it off the next day

The only way to take advantage of this card is to use it for the discounts and pay it off when you get home the same day. If you don’t they’ll report your balance even if your on time. Get the discount and pay it off. That’s the only way to win with this card.

May 14, 2021
Trying to build credit, Do Not get this card

Apr 02, 2021
I paid on time

Well, canceled my card for no reason. I didn’t file bankruptcy towards them. They still canceled my card 2 years after my bankruptcy.

May 05, 2020
Horrible

Paid off balance in store completely. Got a phone call that I was sent to collections over $9 that I did not owe Khols. Credit score dropped from 760 to 712 in 1 month over something I paid in the store!!!!

Apr 10, 2020
Kohls owes me money

I paid my account in full and returned an item so I had a $15.98 credit on my account, I have called kohl’s over and over for a refund. They have promised me 4 times I would receive a check in the mail. This happened in January 2020, I have yet to receive anything, they simply wrote it off on my account without giving me what is due, I will never shop at kohl’s again, a big ripoff store. Customer service is the worse.

Mar 09, 2020
They will screw credit score

I had a very bad experience with Kohls credit card. I have been a loyal customer with Kohls for more than 7 yrs. Due to communication gap between customer service and myself, I end up due of 2$. I didn't know that there was a due on my account. I was under impression that, I paid complete amount. After 3 months happened to see that my credit score dropped very less. Then I come to know that Kohls made for 3$, they made 35$ late fee and interest and eventually my bill went up to 120 around for 3 months. They Blindly informed Credit bureau without any notice to me. Now my credit score is dropped 30% due to missed payment reported by Kohls. Later I approached Kohls, they waved of the late payment fee, But they are not agreed to approach Credit bureau to removed missed payment in my account .My Questions to Kohls. 1) On what basis they will report to Credit bureau? They should inform customer before approaching Credit Bureau. If Customer is not agreed or not responded, then should approach credit Bureau. 2) Do they have any common sense, any one will spoil the credit history for 2$ payment? 3) Does Kohl's has ethics? They screwed my credit history. My Advise please take car before Appling credit card from Department stores. My friend had similar experience with Macys.

Mar 09, 2020
Don't take credit card

Feb 24, 2020
Absolute Disgrace

When you get this card, you seem like youll be enjoying lots of discounted prices, but in reality as soon as you buy, you get no notification through either email or phone to pay your bills. Then they charge you extra for the late payment. So you think you paid the amount plus the late fees online, guess what?! the payment somehow gets "rejected" by your bank, but your bank is unaware of any payment made through your checkings or debit account. Then you try again, and again, but despite reps trying to "Help" you, no success(sarcasm intended). In the end you go to the store, argue your point, cancel your card furiously and then warn them of legal action. DO NOT GET THIS CARD, PLZZZZZ, IF YOU LIKE YOUR LIFE, DO NOT GET IT! IT WILL DESTROY YOUR CREDIT SCORE!