3.0

Apr 04 2016
Great for Saving $ but poor limits

Exspect a credit card limit from $300-$3000, Kohls limit. Even with credit scores above 700 except to start with $1,000 limit. However, the coupons and discounts can save you a ton of money when shopping and as long as you pay off every month you are good. I always just pay off at same register and it goes towards account immediately, I am currently a MVC credit card holder and love the free shipping and 6 extra coupons given each year as well.

Mar 04 2016

3 years with kohls, 100% on time payments but their system takes forever to update, they've reported me late. Which I finally got those late fees back. However, I pay my card off they won't report it to my credit bureaus. They are only reporting maybe every 2 months which utilization affects my credit. They keep saying they can't send it because they update once a month. Just in 3 months I've paid off 265 dollar balance out of 300 dollar credit. Got a 50$ credit on my card from late fees they incorrectly charged. Used my card for 165 dollars. My credit still showed I owed 188 dollars. Now my card only has 60 dollar charged and they are still saying 188 dollars on my credit report. If you don't want your credit ruined by these people even if you're making your payments on time and paying it down and even paying it off, DO NOT GET THIS CARD!!!!!

May 05 2020
Horrible

Paid off balance in store completely. Got a phone call that I was sent to collections over $9 that I did not owe Khols. Credit score dropped from 760 to 712 in 1 month over something I paid in the store!!!!

Apr 10 2020
Kohls owes me money

I paid my account in full and returned an item so I had a $15.98 credit on my account, I have called kohl’s over and over for a refund. They have promised me 4 times I would receive a check in the mail. This happened in January 2020, I have yet to receive anything, they simply wrote it off on my account without giving me what is due, I will never shop at kohl’s again, a big ripoff store. Customer service is the worse.

Mar 09 2020
They will screw credit score

I had a very bad experience with Kohls credit card. I have been a loyal customer with Kohls for more than 7 yrs. Due to communication gap between customer service and myself, I end up due of 2$. I didn't know that there was a due on my account. I was under impression that, I paid complete amount. After 3 months happened to see that my credit score dropped very less. Then I come to know that Kohls made for 3$, they made 35$ late fee and interest and eventually my bill went up to 120 around for 3 months. They Blindly informed Credit bureau without any notice to me. Now my credit score is dropped 30% due to missed payment reported by Kohls. Later I approached Kohls, they waved of the late payment fee, But they are not agreed to approach Credit bureau to removed missed payment in my account .My Questions to Kohls. 1) On what basis they will report to Credit bureau? They should inform customer before approaching Credit Bureau. If Customer is not agreed or not responded, then should approach credit Bureau. 2) Do they have any common sense, any one will spoil the credit history for 2$ payment? 3) Does Kohl's has ethics? They screwed my credit history. My Advise please take car before Appling credit card from Department stores. My friend had similar experience with Macys.

Mar 09 2020
Don't take credit card

Feb 24 2020
Absolute Disgrace

When you get this card, you seem like youll be enjoying lots of discounted prices, but in reality as soon as you buy, you get no notification through either email or phone to pay your bills. Then they charge you extra for the late payment. So you think you paid the amount plus the late fees online, guess what?! the payment somehow gets "rejected" by your bank, but your bank is unaware of any payment made through your checkings or debit account. Then you try again, and again, but despite reps trying to "Help" you, no success(sarcasm intended). In the end you go to the store, argue your point, cancel your card furiously and then warn them of legal action. DO NOT GET THIS CARD, PLZZZZZ, IF YOU LIKE YOUR LIFE, DO NOT GET IT! IT WILL DESTROY YOUR CREDIT SCORE!

Feb 24 2020

Would not recommend.

Feb 20 2020
Closed without any notification

I got a notification from Nerd Wallet that my Kohl's credit account had been closed. Never got an email regarding this from Kohl's itself even though they bombard me emails. Because it is in their terms does not mean they should forget about decent customer service. I did not shop at Kohl's very often, but after this, I never will. Notifying the customers before closing the account is a good way to keep customers rather then losing them. And considering their clientele is not exactly increasing, they should probably be doing everything they can to keep the remaining customers they have.

Jan 04 2020
ruined my credit

I have been a customer of Kohl's for over ten years. A few months ago I was in the process of moving and I did not receive a bill from Kohl's but I had a receipt and I paid the amount on the receipt. I thought that because of my move my mail was not forwarded correctly. It turns out that I inadvertently changed to receive my bills to email. I had paid the bill late (but did not know it). So Kohl's charged me a late and sent it to an email that did not exist (I am sure it bounced back). So I was getting additional charges added on each month and had not shopped at Kohl's during this time. Credit Karma sent me an alert that my credit score had dropped over 130 points. I check and Kohl's sent my account to the credit score people for none payment. And a few days later I received a letter from Kohl's that they were suspending my account until I paid. So Kohl's had three ways of contacting me: an email that was no longer a supplier of emails my phone number that has not changed in 15 years and a current address. I have called customer service many times and they take no responsibility to get in contact with me. I am canceling my credit card with them I will no longer shop at Kohl's and I will spread the word of how they will not help a customer that has always paid on time until a mistake was made. I did not try to take advantage of Kohl's and I am only able to speak with people in a foreign country who will send it to another department who then will send me a letter. Do not believe this is customer service at all.

Dec 30 2019
Horrible

I don't even know why I applied for this card at the age of 19. My credit is ruined. I applied, forgot to make a payment, ever since forgot I owned a kohl's charge card, now I'm 24 and don't know how to build my credit. What a bad first experience with credit.

Dec 02 2019

BEWARE! It gives me no pleasure to rate this card with no stars. The store and prices are great and having the card has additional benefits for points and pricing but the credit service itself has major issues. At the Kohl's cash register when checking we were checking out, we were encouraged to apply for the card, we were immediately approved, used the card right then for the additional cost savings and because we had the cash on hand decided just to go ahead and pay the amount charged to the card right then on the spot and not receive a bill later. All seemed well until sometime, a week or so later, we received a call from someone saying they were with Kohl's asking for additional information (again card already approved and used) including a SS#. I refused to give that over the phone for fear of someone attempting identity theft etc. (something that had just happened in a big way to a close relative), and was told that we could present the info next time at the store. OK, we said that would be fine. Well, we sometime later received a letter in the mail asking for the same information and at this point decided it safe enough to send this info via email but first called to confirm that this was indeed Kohl's and to make sure we understood the exact documents required. I got off the phone and sent it immediately. Next time we went to the store we were told the account had already been closed (and reported to credit agencies), and although irritated, wondering why the woman on the phone didn't tell us the account had already been closed (a further indication that they don't have it together and their incompetencies could cost you via a damaged credit reporting) and there was nothing we could do about it (after a half an hour at the store on the phone with the credit services department, with the assistance of the store cashier who was quite nice and empathetic), but was encouraged to simply open a new one, right then. We applied and were denied. WHAT??? OK. whatever, perhaps a bit later after the smoke has cleared on the initial closing idiocy we could apply, which we later tried online and were once again denied, or so we understood. Turns out that account was actually open, which realized via a our own credit check as although we had received some letter in the mail from Kohl's, saying " your account has been closed," and another to the effect of "someone is trying to open an account with your info" and your card is being used fraudulently and will be closed. WHAT ACCOUNT??? We understood we had no accounts!!! SO....... the credit report now shows two closed Kohl's accounts which kills the credit rating we have been working to build after living out of the country for 7 years and not having much of a recent payment history fo for this reason. I called several times and even wrote a letter which I finally GOT a call in reply to but was told there is nothing we can do about it, as it wouldn't be fair to others to clean this whole debacle from your credit??? FAIR to who? This exact thing has happened before because you didn't get the info you needed in the first place, although activated the card and then called and asked to confirm SS# for someone who wisely wouldn't give it you over the phone??? KOHL"S DO YOU SEE AN ISSUE HERE? OR NOT FAIR TO THOSE WHOSE ACCOUNT WAS CLOSED FOR NON-PAYMENT??? NOT OUR CASE BUT THE REPORT ON THE CREDIT REPORT COULD INDICATE THIS??? SO..........LONG STORY SHORT.......BEWARE AS THE CREDIT DEPARTMENT IS LOST AND IT COULD REALLY COST YOU VIA YOUR CREDIT REPORT FOR NO FAULT OF YOUR OWN OTHER THAN CAUTION WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. IF THIS HAS OR DOES HAPPEN TO YOU, I SUGGEST THAT YOU DO THE SAME AND REPORT THIS TO THE BBB AND SECRETARY OF STATE TO MINIMALLY PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING TO OTHERS AND ENCOURAGE KOHL'S, AN OTHERWISE GREAT STORE, FIX THEIR ISSUES.