3.2

Jun 22, 2017
Awesome opening credit line!

So my boyfriend and I went window shopping for an engagement ring because we started talking about marriage and figured I'd point out some rings so he would know what I want when the time comes. First we had gone to Zale's and I pointed out a few rings to him that caught my eye so I figured I'd apply for their card and see what I was approved for. Only 2500, which would make my utilization 100% with the engagement ring I wanted. Told the lady there we would think about it, and then we went over to Kay's and I fell IN LOVE with a $4100 ring, and so the lady asked if we wanted to do a credit app and I was hesitant but she told us she could get a higher credit limit then what I had for Zale's. What do you know she comes back and I got approved for $8100! I was so excited! We ended up buying the ring under a low apr for 36 months with low minimum payments of 130 each month. I'm so excited about my new ring and new card, thank you Kay! My transunion score is 671 and my experian is 688, with a fico of 690. My utilization for my credit cards are around 20% overall and I have 13,400 in available credit before those 2 cards. I only have credit cards and one installment loan, but I have a ton of inquiries from when I just turned 18 and went crazy with applying. But obviously Kay's was kind enough to approve me for such a high credit line! Awesome card!

Sep 07, 2021
Waste of time

They closed my account after only 4 months. I made one purchase of 515 on a credit limit of 3000. Made all 3 payments on time and I guess I wasn't doing enough business for them. Waste of time. They want customers to pay off there card every month and buy more

May 26, 2019
Be sure to review your account!!

Long Story Short, Kay's Jewelers (Comenity Bank) claimed they needed my address because they were receiving mail back as undelivered. I verified that my address was indeed correct - the same address that I have on a few other Comenity Bank cards. Two months go by and I notice my Experian credit score dropped by 40 points due to a deliquent account of over 30 days. Behold it is Kay's Jewelers reporting that I am over 30 days late and the account is showing Negative on my credit report. I made an immediate payment and contacted their customer service through their message system. They issued a late fee reversal for the 2nd payment that "I missed." As I investigated "my error" further, I noticed that the last statement their system actually generated was 3 months ago. I immediately file an online dispute with Equifax and Transunion. (Experian's online system NEVER worked in 3 weeks.) I sent another email to Kays explaining what I discovered with screen shots and all. So, the next Kay's statement closes. My Experian credit scoure jumps 40 points. I check my credit report and Kay's Jewelers is now showing all on time payments. My Kay's Jewelers account - online - shows a 3 month gap between statements. Equifax and Transunion reports were also "corrected." No harm - No fout - although it took a little bit of vigilance. Periodically reviewing my credit score has its payoff.

Jan 04, 2019
Money hungry

I have had a Kay card, now through Genesis, for at least 10 years. They recently closed my account for inactivity because i have had it paid off for almost a year. What a joke! They only want you as long as you are constantly paying outragous interest to them! Had they sent me a warning I would have made a purchase to keep it active.

Dec 20, 2018
Horrible

I've had a Kay Jewelers account for 10 years and I have never once made a late payment. I had set up for the payment to be drafted out of my account for the wrong date, so it bounced. Which is my fault. However 5 days later; they tried to run payment again causing me to get two over draft fees. When I contacted Genesis they advised me they only ran payment once and that they would not have ran payment a second time if it did not go through. I spoke with 3 different people after that and they all stated the same thing. Today they call me and I go over everything again, they transfer to a supervisor. The supervisor gets on the phone and tells me I was miss informed and there is nothing they can do. They wouldn't even credit my account the $35 over draft fee. I asked them to close the account and she did not have a care in the world to even attempt to change my mind. Horrible customer service. Also in the past I was told to close the account I would have to go in to Kay Jewelers with a notarized letter stating I wanted to close the account? The interest rates are insane and it really is tragic, I never had so many issues or such bad service until they took over Sterling. My payment are $111 a month and they take $48 of interest out of that every month. It's crazy.

Dec 20, 2018

Dec 18, 2018
A joke for a credit card

My account was closed without notice. I owed less then 200 dollars on a credit limit of 2,000. Was told a letter was mailed to be explaining their reason for closing to card. I asked if I would still be charged interest on what was left since they took it upon themselves to close my account. I was rudely told yes it's my bill and my responsibility to pay it. I will never use this company for purchase again. My husband and I have spend thousands of dollars over the past ten years. Great job Kay's

Nov 19, 2018
Genesis bank is a terrible bank.

Had a kays card for 5 years, no issues what so ever. Loved using it. Genesis took over and went downhill from there. Account was closed with no warning. I called them and got terrible service. No longer a Kay's customer. Back to Helzberg Diamonds I go.

Sep 04, 2018
AWFUL

I purchased a ring for my husband with the no interest 12 month promotion. Except Kay's failed to add the promotion to my account and I realize a year later that I have been paying the interest the entire time. Now "genesis' can't do anything you will have to contact Kay's. I contact Kay's and they can't do anything either. TYPICAL. Never will I purchase from Kay's again.

Just accepted

Just got the card. Very low credit line But hope to get a nice watch and get it paid off quickly than maybe a credit increase I'm hoping. We will see

Just accepted

Just got the card. Low credit line but hope to get a nicer watch. Pay it off quickly and hope to get a increase.

Just accepted

Just got the card. Low credit line but enough I can buy a nice watch and pay it off quickly and maybe try and get a increase. No complaints here.