2.7

All reviews

Apr 27 2021

I’ve had my JCP card for a very long time. I’ve had no problems with the card. It’s interest rates are higher than regular cards but all department store rates are higher. They will drop your credit line if non active after one year and close the account after two years of inactivity. Just use it at least once a month. I like my JCPenney’s card!!! Thank you.

Dec 07 2019

WORST CREDIT CARD EVER! ?They reduce your credit limit in increments without warning even when you pay in time. ?I will never shop there again!

Nov 10 2019
I had this card for for 15 years.

I had this card for 15 years, I used it responsibly shopping on holidays and special occasions. Did not have late payments. They randomly check my credit score wich is in the mid 600s between the 655 to 660 range And after being a loyal customer for 15 years they canceled my card it dropped my credit scores and they said it's because they randomly check credit. That is a complete crock. I have my credit scores lower before for years at a time and they never canceled my card. Customer service is terrible when I called a, not helpful at all. I asked if I can get my card back on they said no. So basically I was being punished for using my card responsibly and making more then the minimum each month, no late payments! The situation does not make sense at all I will never shop there or get them my business again. I'll be sure to let everyone I know not to bother because at any time they can be dropped with no real valid reason.

Sep 19 2019
Terrible customer service complete trash

They will decrease your limit if you miss one payment and close it when you zero out your balance. Their customer service doesn't want to help, and will treat you like you're trash. They don't care, and it's not worth it.

Sep 19 2019
Terrible customer service

Mar 17 2019
Don???t understand negative reviews

I never applied for it, they just sent it to me. I had this card for decades then quit using credit. Over time all my accounts died from lack of use. But... while my account was active I had no complaints. Perhaps it?s a recent thing... after all I haven?t been a customer for many years. Not surprising, companies don?t seem to care about customers as they once did. Too bad, it ?was? a good store.

Feb 28 2019
Absolutely horrible!!!!

Don't get it at all. Really sorry that I did!!!!!

Feb 22 2019
Scam

Signed up for notifications. Only notifications were foe statement available and thank you fir payment. Got an "oops.. Did you forget to pay" email today. Called to check. 1 payment arrived early 6 months ago (pay bi-weekly) so I had three payments in the month... That put me behind in payments the next month . hit me with late fees. NEVER notified me by texts notification. Never been late on any of my accounts and it takes them 6months to say I was $4 short and they had been charging fees. Cust service is not helpful. What a scam. So much for 18 mo interest free.... RUN away from them as fast as you can....

Feb 04 2019

I have been wirking on my credit and at the moment have 602. I love this store so I applied and got denied for a card. After reading the reviews on it I'm glad i didn't get it but regret taking a hit on my score. Just buy cash at their stores.

Jan 31 2019
Was applying

I was applying for this card because I love JC Penney. But after reading all these reviews I afraid to even get myself into a situation that I worked so hard to get out because of my youth years. I'm not going back that route thank you everyone.