Great for working on your credit††

Annual fee

$0 - $99

2.6

Dec 16 2015
Perfect if you can't make a deposit

I have a secured card and just applied for this card as well and my score is 560TU 580EQ. The app itself took 5 minutes to complete. I was approved within two business days (applied on Friday and got the message on Tuesday), the card was mailed in two business days (sent Thursday), and I received the card that following Monday. Less than 2 weeks from the application date. I never had to send any documents to anyone and I never received any phone calls. I really don't understand what people are complaining about. Let me be clear about something most reviewers don't seem to understand: YOU HAVE POOR CREDIT. YES THERE ARE FEES THEY NEED TO MAKE MONEY. ALL OF THE FEES ARE LISTED BEFORE APPLYING AND IN THE AGREEMENT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO READ BEFORE FINALIZING YOUR APP. It's like asking someone to trust you when you have a history of lying. They need to protect their money and their investors' money (if they have any idk) so they're going to charge you in case you default. It helps mitigate losses. After a year of good payments, your score should go up considerably ASSUMING you're not flopping any of your other loans, and then you can move onto bigger and better fish with lower/no fees. Mine went up 100 points in just 7 months because I buckled down and kept my payments up. After a year of this card I'll move on. That's what this card is used for. Also, I read some reviewers saying the fees for credit limit increases are insane but it states right in the user agreement that CREDIT LIMIT INCREASES ARE OPTIONAL. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE THEM AND PAY NOTHING. Again, you have bad credit. Stop whining and suck it up for a year or two until you can qualify for better cards. I haven't needed to contact to customer service so I will give them no rating.

Nov 18 2017
Does not care about customers

On Friday, November 3, 2017 I discovered almost $900 had been withdrawn from my checking account to "Credit One." Knowing I had not initiated such a payment, I attempted to login to my Credit One account to discover my login information was not working. I called Credit One immediately, and learned there had been several fraudulent charges to my card, and that they had paid off my card balance with my checking account (without my consent, obviously) in order to charge MORE to my credit card. A fraud case was opened on my account. I was told I would be receiving an affidavit that I must sign within 15 business days. I called after one week to follow up, as I had not yet received the affidavit. I was told I need to wait the 15 days before following up. Today is day 15 and I have not received an affidavit. I called Credit One again, to be told that there was NO RECORD of the affidavit on my file! They sent another request for the affidavit to be sent and I would have to wait another 1-2 weeks to receive it. I expressed how upset I was that it may be more than a month for me to get my money back, and I am unable to pay my mortgage in the meantime. She replied that Credit One policy for fraud cases is 30-60 days, and not more than 90 for resolution - IT MAY TAKE THREE MONTHS FOR THEM TO EVEN DECIDE WHETHER THEY WILL REFUND MY $900!! I have experienced fraudulent charges and activity with other credit and bank accounts in the past, and have never had to wait more than 1-2 weeks for things to be rectified. It also completely lacks integrity that they would make a promise to send me a critical piece of communication to sign within 15 days, for me to have followed up twice on it, and for them to not only not keep their promise, but to have zero record of anything about it. If I did anything comparable to renege on my end of the agreements with Credit One, I would be charged late fees and my credit would be affected. Unfortunately, fraud and account hacking is part of the risk that financial companies must take on in today's world, and customers expect that their lives will not be upended as a result of doing business with them. Fortunately, consumers have choices also, and I will be making the choice to discontinue my relationship with Credit One as soon as this case is resolved. I highly recommend you choose another credit card company that will quickly make things right if this happens to you (which it likely will in today's world) so you don't end up in my position.

Sep 19 2020
good for building your credit rating

I have not had a problem with this card since I received it over a year ago. the only thing I don't care for is the $9.95 fee so that your money is available the next day. however all companies I see are starting to do that. so its okay.

Sep 17 2020
Be careful

Applied when I received an offer in the mail, was declined with 710 credit score and 100% payment History.

Sep 16 2020
No Credit Increases

I’ve had this card for over a year now and I’ve used this card and each month I either my balance in whole or more than double my minimum payment and on time. They’ve never increased my limit. The interest rate and fees don’t justify this in my opinion. Capital One is a great option for building credit.

Sep 04 2020
Great card to build your credit

I started with Credit One a year ago and after making all payments on time for 12 months, they increased my credit limit significantly more. The app is easy to use and customer services in on point. Very happy with this credit card. Now they have a co-brand with AMEX.

Aug 31 2020
Terrible

The customer service reps don’t speak no English, and this is the worst credit card experience I’ve had so far capitol one is very recommended if you want to build credit

Aug 17 2020

Aug 09 2020
MyCreditOneCard

I have had this card for many years now and it is is very good.

Aug 07 2020

Aug 01 2020

Aug 01 2020
Payment

Charging $9.95 to use a debit card is outrageous. Sorry not sorry.

Great for working on your credit††