Great for working on your credit††

Annual fee

$0 - $99

2.6

Dec 16 2015
Perfect if you can't make a deposit

I have a secured card and just applied for this card as well and my score is 560TU 580EQ. The app itself took 5 minutes to complete. I was approved within two business days (applied on Friday and got the message on Tuesday), the card was mailed in two business days (sent Thursday), and I received the card that following Monday. Less than 2 weeks from the application date. I never had to send any documents to anyone and I never received any phone calls. I really don't understand what people are complaining about. Let me be clear about something most reviewers don't seem to understand: YOU HAVE POOR CREDIT. YES THERE ARE FEES THEY NEED TO MAKE MONEY. ALL OF THE FEES ARE LISTED BEFORE APPLYING AND IN THE AGREEMENT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO READ BEFORE FINALIZING YOUR APP. It's like asking someone to trust you when you have a history of lying. They need to protect their money and their investors' money (if they have any idk) so they're going to charge you in case you default. It helps mitigate losses. After a year of good payments, your score should go up considerably ASSUMING you're not flopping any of your other loans, and then you can move onto bigger and better fish with lower/no fees. Mine went up 100 points in just 7 months because I buckled down and kept my payments up. After a year of this card I'll move on. That's what this card is used for. Also, I read some reviewers saying the fees for credit limit increases are insane but it states right in the user agreement that CREDIT LIMIT INCREASES ARE OPTIONAL. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE THEM AND PAY NOTHING. Again, you have bad credit. Stop whining and suck it up for a year or two until you can qualify for better cards. I haven't needed to contact to customer service so I will give them no rating.

Nov 18 2017
Does not care about customers

On Friday, November 3, 2017 I discovered almost $900 had been withdrawn from my checking account to "Credit One." Knowing I had not initiated such a payment, I attempted to login to my Credit One account to discover my login information was not working. I called Credit One immediately, and learned there had been several fraudulent charges to my card, and that they had paid off my card balance with my checking account (without my consent, obviously) in order to charge MORE to my credit card. A fraud case was opened on my account. I was told I would be receiving an affidavit that I must sign within 15 business days. I called after one week to follow up, as I had not yet received the affidavit. I was told I need to wait the 15 days before following up. Today is day 15 and I have not received an affidavit. I called Credit One again, to be told that there was NO RECORD of the affidavit on my file! They sent another request for the affidavit to be sent and I would have to wait another 1-2 weeks to receive it. I expressed how upset I was that it may be more than a month for me to get my money back, and I am unable to pay my mortgage in the meantime. She replied that Credit One policy for fraud cases is 30-60 days, and not more than 90 for resolution - IT MAY TAKE THREE MONTHS FOR THEM TO EVEN DECIDE WHETHER THEY WILL REFUND MY $900!! I have experienced fraudulent charges and activity with other credit and bank accounts in the past, and have never had to wait more than 1-2 weeks for things to be rectified. It also completely lacks integrity that they would make a promise to send me a critical piece of communication to sign within 15 days, for me to have followed up twice on it, and for them to not only not keep their promise, but to have zero record of anything about it. If I did anything comparable to renege on my end of the agreements with Credit One, I would be charged late fees and my credit would be affected. Unfortunately, fraud and account hacking is part of the risk that financial companies must take on in today's world, and customers expect that their lives will not be upended as a result of doing business with them. Fortunately, consumers have choices also, and I will be making the choice to discontinue my relationship with Credit One as soon as this case is resolved. I highly recommend you choose another credit card company that will quickly make things right if this happens to you (which it likely will in today's world) so you don't end up in my position.

Aug 01 2020

Aug 01 2020
Payment

Charging $9.95 to use a debit card is outrageous. Sorry not sorry.

Jul 31 2020
better than nothing

better than not having a credit card at all , but not by much . Clearly lacking in the Customer Service dept .

Jul 25 2020

Jul 24 2020
WATCH THOSE INTEREST CHARGES

I got this card when I was trying to rebuild my credit. Now that my credit is doing better and my card is paid off, I noticed each month a tiny fee, but it was billed as interest on purchases. How could that be? I haven't made any purchases with that card in over 4 months. The annual fee billed monthly is paid in full each month, so why do I keep getting this tiny fee? After calling customer service, I was transferred and escalated to 3 different "supervisors" until finally, they said the next supervisor would call me (she has not). Allegedly, the interest on purchases comes from the annual fee being billed. I asked how is this possible when both of these charges are billed to my card on the day the statement closes? Also, how do you charge interest on a fee, as a purchase? No one could explain that, hence why I am waiting for that call back (I'm sure I'll have to call them again). The funniest part about their lie/explanation, I actually have 2 cards with credit one, both charged the annual fee monthly, yet only 1 is still being billed interest for purchases since being paid off. Makes me wonder how long they've been jerking me around with this fee. If I am being billed on nothing, who knows if they were accurately billing my interest when I held a balance. It just stood out more now, since there were no purchases! Consumers beware!

Jul 22 2020
ARE NOT UP FRONT AT ALL

They charge the annual fee the second you activate the card and then you get your first statement 4 days later (which means it is reported to your credit) which caused a drop in my credit score (my credit card utilization drastically increased). The point of me opening and keeping this card was an attempt to help my credit and it has done the opposite. I wish somebody would have told me that the statement would be sent out pretty much right after i activated the card and that annual fee was going to be charged up front and be reported to my credit if i did not pay it within 4 days. I would have paid it if it meant keeping my credit from dropping. But nobody communicated that with me and it was not in any of the paperwork. I just wanted to make the next person aware of this so that way they can either opt out of obtaining this card completely or pay that fee within the first few days of using the card.

Jul 01 2020
Good card

I have not had any problems with this card. They increased my credit limit after just a few months of paying on time.

Jun 29 2020
Great for rebuilding credit after a Chapter 13 BK.

I had to apply for a Credit One card in 2009 after the mortgage and real estate market meltdown and thought that was the end of having to get high interest rebuild credit cards, but nope, I am having to do it again due to the former joint tenant who I sued in 2007 to get off title when he took out two loans recorded on my property without my knowledge or consent and I won a quiet title judgment to remove his name, but the fact that the loans are tied to the property caused foreclosure. I had to file Chapter 13 in 2018 to stop one of the last auctions and I was able to, after a year get an offer from both Credit One and Capital One to rebuild my credit...AGAIN!...I am very grateful to both Credit One and Capital One for issuing the cards. The customer service on both is excellent and even though the interest is high, it's worth a year or two to get scores raised and a history of good credit established. The customer service reps are great to work with and very accommodating, not rude.

Jun 15 2020
Already been assessed a late fee with no statement

Opened and activated the card. Never received a statement or used the card. Got a text message saying a bill was due, so I signed in and they had charged a late fee on the annual fee. Talked to a phone rep, then supervisor, then manager and would not remove the late fee.

Jun 08 2020
Ridiculous charges

I would not recommend this credit card to my worst enemy. The annual charges are crazy. They allow you to apply for a credit line increase however, you will have to pay for it. To get a card with a design, you'll also pay for that. If you're a fea days late, even after making ontime payments for 3 year's, they'll call and harass you, and you won't hardly be able to understand the person on the other end. This company is only in business because It takes advantage of needy people.

Great for working on your credit††