Great for unlimited, flat-rate cash back††

3.9
from Credit Karma members in the last year

Feb 03 2017
Perfection in a card!

I started fixing my destroyed credit and got the Capital One secured card first. ?Once I had that card for a year I got my credit up to around 600. ?I kept usage?below 30% and applied for this card and was approved with a $2500 limit. ?I use it for everything but I don't leave a balance, I have it on autopay but I also login every few days and pay it off so that I don't risk having my usage above 30% at any reporting time. ?I have received the introductory $150 for spending more than $500 within the first 3months and have been getting around $50 in cashback rewards each month, spending money paying bills and shopping for things that I would normally be shopping for. ?I have had no issues with this card so far and would highly recommend it if credit karma recommends it. ?They haven't steered me wrong yet. ?

Sep 18 2018
Misleading

I applied for this card with the intentions to utilize the 0% balance transfer for 15 months option. However, what they do not tell you in the card descriptions; "you may be approved for card without having the balance transfer option". I was approved for $6400 without a balance transfer option; when I spoke with customer service they said that balance transfers are a promotional option, which I didn?t qualify for based on my credit worthiness. This doesn?t make much sense... giving the amount of credit line I was approved for and having a 680-700 credit score. Just be aware if you are applying for this card because you would like to use the balance transfer option, there's a great possibility you will not be allowed that option, even if approved.? On the other hand, American express (no affiliation) approved me for a credit line, and the option for balance transfer is standard with approval (not promotional).? ?

Mar 23 2020
Whack!

After credit karma said that my odds were great I applied. I was declined! I have great credit and my balance is under 30%. I don't believe credit karma and feel they are very misleading! And now I have a hit on my credit!!!

Feb 06 2020
I???ve had this card for over 3 years now

I've had this card for 3 year and it's been a great starter credit card. But since I've felt responsible enough to increase my limit I continue to get declined. They want me to sit on the phone with a rep and beg. I have great credit with only this card payment. Never late with pay and a great salary. I'm ready to cancel the card and go with a different company.?

Jan 06 2020
Amazing!

Application process was easy and I was approved within minutes for a $6,000 credit line. I tranfered balances from two other cards where the 0% timeframe was about to run out. Great way to fund small business startup costs for 15 months.

Nov 16 2019
Shady business practices

I recently opened this card and am supposed to receive the $150 bonus for $500 spent in the first 3 months of account opening. Two weeks after opening the card, I receive an offer in the mail for a $200 bonus for $500 spent in the first 3 months. Naturally, I called chase visa and explained the situation and asked if I could receive the better bonus offer from the mail since I had just opened the card. They said no and that they could only honor what I was originally approved for. Interesting since I have never received any offers from them before in the past. This seems very dishonest and shady to me considering I just opened the card. Very unhappy with this new card and wish I would have went with another capital one card which has been much better.?

Nov 14 2019

Applied with over a 750 credit score over a 700 fico and still get denied seems most of the positive reviews are fake to get you to apply stay away to avoid a hard inquiry for nothing thanks for nothing chase

Nov 14 2019
Jerks.

I got my FICO score up to over 700. And they turned me down. They hit me up for an inquiry, even though Credit Karma said I had 100% excellent odds of getting this card they turned me down. That's twice they've done this to me.

Nov 09 2019
Applying for is a credit killer

Be fair warned: if you have had a bankrupcy even if its one month from falling off you will be declined automatically for any chase card even if its just an amazon store card. Does not matter what your credit score or payment history is. This is something I personally feel Chase should disclose in their application process. If any one says they have been approved with a bankrupcy I would not trust them. Chase is also currently in a settlement process with the united states government for failure to follow the rules of bankrupcy discharged depts as it pertains to the reporting agencys and their own personal record keeping. Given their rewards and interest rates, credit wise you can do much better with other lenders without endangering all the hard work your putting into building a solid credit report. For several years I have also felt credit karma needs to add a list of lenders that turn down bankrupcys automatically and thoses that turn down by the age of the bankrupcy as well as a list of those that approve with existing bankrupcy and at what age of the bankrupcy

Feb 01 2019

CK said I had Good approval odds. Was Denied. But I won't take that out on Chase with a bad rating! So. It is what it is.

Feb 01 2019
Customer service hasn???t been good

Great fraud department! In my experience Chase has lost their customer service. We changed banks due to this.?

Jan 31 2019
Lightning Fast Approval

Super quick approval! I applied thru CK since I had "good appoval" ratings for it. A little about me: TU-745, EQ-731, Credit age-5 years, 2 missed payments, 0 derogatory marks. My first credit card was a secured Cap1 card CL$200. Second is a Citibank rewards card with CL$1,200. Once I applied I received an approval right away for a CL$5,600!! My score went down by 5 points. Just gotta wait 5-7 business days for me to do some damage.

Great for unlimited, flat-rate cash back††