Chase Freedom Unlimited® Reviews

• Balance Transfer Regular APR 17.24 - 25.99%* Variable
  • Purchase Intro APR 0%* intro for 15 months
  • Purchase Regular APR 17.24 - 25.99%* Variable

Mar 21, 2019
Great until jacked up interest rate
msiscrm Cardholder

I've had this card for many years (more than 15). It was my go to card for unexpected expenses--car repair, medical, etc-because of it's low everyday interest rate (variable, never more than 10%.) Now, suddenly, the rate is over 16%, pretty much unacceptable for any purchase that would need to be paid over time. With a credit score that is anywhere between 750-825, this is not viable for us. I would cancel but they say it will impact our credit score. But probably will...

Mar 22, 2019

Did you ever consider rising interest rates? The feds have been raising rates due to the uptick in the economy. Rates from almost every card from every issuer have gone up, but go ahead and blame Chase.

Mar 24, 2019

Canceling your credit card means canceling all of your history with that card and it really does impact your credit score badly. If you don’t want to use the card anymore I’d suggest paying it off and not using it ally all. You could even cut it in half so that you don’t use it but don’t cancel it. That way you don’t use the card but your credit score isn’t also impacted negatively.

Apr 21, 2019

This card has only been out since 2016. You must have the Freedom card not the Freedom Unlimited.

Mar 16, 2019
misleading
sharmitcmos Cardholder

i have a great credit score and i asked for a lower interest rate , the guy told me there is none.  so i will pay it off.

Mar 22, 2019

If you have good credit why are you going through credit karma to chose a credit card brah? They only offer bottom feeder cards for all the busted credit credit karma folks.

Apr 18, 2019

Brandon8163 are u a busted Credit Karma person?

Apr 19, 2019

lmso

Feb 12, 2019
Good. If you’re lucky!
Snyder2424 Cardholder

I got this card back in 2014 with a $2000 CL and at first it sounded and worked great. They offered $250 cashback IF I spent $3000 in 3 months I believe it was. The problem was that after 2 months I had spent around $2000 total and had a $200 balance on my cars and suddenly my card stopped working. It turns out they had closed my account without telling me why or that they were doing it! So in the end I ended up paying off that $200 balance only to end up with NO card, an inquiry on my report, and embarrassment when I tried to use it only to find out they closed it.

I recommend staying away from this card. I went and got a CapitalOne Quicksilver card instead and I still have it as of today (Feb 2019).

Feb 21, 2019

You maxed out the card and chase saw you as a risk so they closed your account , Chase will not close your acc for no reason at all buster ...you were a risk to them,

Feb 23, 2019

They closed my card as well, no notice! Even when I paid my 12,000$ balance off IN FULL!

Apr 14, 2019

JaxHendo If you had 100k limit on the card that would be ok only using 10% of your limit ,if your limit was 12k and you used 12k then your maxing out your card.. Chase saw you as a risk , thats why they closed your acc...sorry

Feb 06, 2019
No more downloadable year-end summary
Phillipsm60 Cardholder

I'm easy as a customer: Give me a good website, answer my occasional question quickly and accurately, and give me a year-end summary I CAN DOWNLOAD and save on my computer. Their website has never risen above mediocre; they change it often and with every improvement, they almost always take away something that you liked. Questions are typically met with canned responses that serve to discourage future questions.  I can live with that stuff, but don't mess with the year-end summary! It's now a "spending report" viewable only from your account page. If this is something you too value, you've been warned.

Feb 07, 2019

LOL @ "canned responses" I've not heard that one before but it is very fitting of many business strategies.

Feb 01, 2019
Customer service hasn’t been good
DJGDSG Cardholder

Great fraud department! In my experience Chase has lost their customer service. We changed banks due to this.

Aug 06, 2018
Chiinoflakko Cardholder

I applied for this card with "Very Good" approval odds from Credit Karma and a credit score of 738. Application process took about 2 weeks. I only got approved for a credit limit of $500 abd an interest rate of 22%. Makes me wish I never applied for it.

Apr 27, 2018
Easy to get , but terrible company
Anonymous Cardholder

I got the card with a high limit and 0 interest for 18 months so I used it for some business purchases since it was interest free. 6 months into it they lowered my limit thus lowering my credit score. They just did it a second time in less than a year . I lost 150 points on my score because of it. Customer service was no help and combative. Never again with chase

May 02, 2018

^This. A lowered limit would raise your utilization but it wouldn't affect your score 150 unless you didn't pay them.

Jun 25, 2018

I agree Retsopmi.

Dec 28, 2018

So basically you MAXED out the card , They saw you as a RISK and lowered your LIMIT ...Thats what REALLY happened

Chase Freedom Unlimited®