3.1

Mar 21 2012

This card doesn't have a low interest rate and no intro APR, but I applied because they are currently offering 30,000 ThankYou points if you spend $2,000 within the first 3 months of opening the account. It also has a $125 annual fee, but it is waived for the first year. I was approved immediately for $5900, at the highest APR. I expected a lower APR. It did provide my Experian credit score which was 737. The high APR, annual fee, and lack of intro or transfer APR is the reason I'm only giving this 4 stars.

Dec 19 2013
Great Card - Terrible Rewards

We got this card because there were several rewards point bonuses for signing up. After six months use, we realized that the points were somewhat worthless. After browsing the reward market for hours trying to pick out christmas gifts, we gave up, there just isn't a great selection. Luckily there was an option to use the points as cash at Amazon.com. That is what we did. This would have been great except we only got $180 in cash from our points. We switched from this card to a Capital One 1.5% cash back card. After six months with it we had over $400 in cash back. I definitely felt cheated by the Citi Rewards.

Jul 07 2019
will scam you

they will find ways to not pay bonas

Jul 07 2019
will scam you

citi will scam you they find ways to not pay bonus

Jul 07 2018
Practical card for commuters in their 20

3x on car gas and public transportation, and 2x on entertainment and dinning. The travel insurance is solid, and price rewind is a nice option of people who hate shop around. Nothing special after that.

May 31 2017
Good with limitations

I received in the mail an offer for 50k points after $3,000 spend. With a credit score of 729 from Transunion and 745 from the other credit agencies, I decided to apply and was accepted. The card feels like it was cheaply made and the USA transfer airline partners are limited to only JetBlue. However, the card earns lots of points easily, especially on gas and sporting events. It also works great in economically strong Asian countries since Citi has a strong footprint in places like Singapore, Taiwan, South Korea, China, and Japan. I would only advice USA applicants to apply for this card if they fly Jetblue often and have plans to visit economically dominate Asian countries.

Jul 26 2016
Love this Card !!

This is my go to card... initially aprproved for $5,900 CL , after 6 months $7,400 with soft pull. Was approved with Equifax 762 score.

Mar 03 2016
Great bonus and excellent categories

This card competes favorably with many of the cards in the $95 annual fee space. The 40K bonus is worth $532 towards AA flights and $500 towards non AA flights through the Citi travel portal and has easily the broadest bonus categories among point earning cards, however the ThankYou program is not as valuable as the Chase UR or SPG ones, which makes it less lucrative than the comparable Chase Sapphire Preferred or Amex SPG. As a standalone card it shouldn't your workhorse card, however if you do get this card AND the Citi Prestige you can get exceptional value. A powerful combo that makes it easily the best for US domestic travel.

Feb 14 2016
Great travel card!

3x points on all travel expenses including gas. 2x points on dining and entertainment. It is a world elite Mastercard so you have those features as well. The annual fee is $95.00 and for that I would expect a dedicated customer service team similar to the level of AMEX, which is not provided. You can sign up for Pay with Points at Amazon though its not a 1-1 ratio. The Thankyou redemption process has been refined and is much better now. The website has also been redeisned and flows well. I have had no issues with this card.

May 09 2015
EXCELLENT Earnings!!

I am a trucker and spend $4000 a month in fuel...3 points per dollar?? It is a no brainer...

Dec 19 2013
Great Card - Terrible Rewards

Aug 19 2013
its a great card, BUT!!!

I've had this card since back in 2005, they gave me a 6000 credit limit. After few year of use, they gradually went up to 16000 max, and one late payment, JUST ONE (rough month and i forgot) they drop my limit to 2000. never used the card since then, I have another citi card with 16000 limit anyways.