2.8

May 10, 2013
good card if you stick with it

I have had this card since 2008, and it has generally been a positive experience. I started out with a $1000 credit line (while I was in school) at 13.24% APR. I then received increases to $3500, then $5000, $13,500, and am currently at $16,000, with same base APR. They occasionally have promotions where they will let you cash advance or balance transfer funds at 0% for 12 months--I used this feature last year when I had to replace my roof; don't know where else I could have gotten an $8000 unsecured loan at 0%.? The 3-2-1 rewards are in points, not true cash back (at least on my card). Each point is less between about 1/2 and 2/3 of a cent depending on what you redeem it on. I recommend Discover or Amex over this card if what you really want is bank for you buck on rewards. But this card is great for just basic credit on good terms.

Mar 11, 2016
STAY AWAY!

I opened this card up back in November. I have made all of my payments on time and kept a utilization below 10%. I always pay in full after the statement and pay zero interest. Apparently, BoA is not happy about not making money off me. Today I got my statement for this month. I logged in to pay. My "pay from" checking account ?which happens to be Wells Fargo was BLOCKED. It literally would not let me pay my bill and this thing pops up that says "open up a checking account with us to pay your bill." Are you freaking kidding me? They are intentionally and probably illegally blocking me from making my payment to blackmail me into getting an account with them. I've had my Wells Fargo checking account for over 12 years and never had an issue with paying any credit card. I have 10 credit cards. I also have paid THIS ACCOUNT with THAT CHECKING ACCT for 4 months and suddenly "they can't verify my bank account." I verified that the account info was correct even though I knew it was because, hello! I've already made several payments, and it was correct. I'm going to mail them a cashier's check for the $25 bucks I owe them from my checking account they refuse to acknowledge and have them close this card. What a joke.

Nov 11, 2021
Don't trust ck recommendations

I had excellent approval odds, but yet not approved. Now I have this hard credit ck on my record and no credit card to show for it. Thanks ck!

Jul 06, 2021
Untrained insufficient operators

5 days I tried to log in and had to change passcode 3 times and they said it did not match = 15 tries. Then the rep could not make it. Then they said they can't identify me. Each transfer led to over a 15 minute wait or disconnect.

Jun 27, 2021
On Credit Karma it says excellent chance

On Credit Karma, it says I have excellent chance approval. I have 768 score. I was declined. So now I have hard-hit on my credit. Thanks, Bof A and Credit Karma.

May 19, 2021
False Hope

I am BOA customer for over 5 years. I already have one credit card from BOA. I have FICO score of 786 and decided to apply online for this credit card. Online they give you instant decision if you are approved. But if you are not approved, a message appears saying “We are reviewing your application and will make decision in a few days” rather than giving the straight answer that we cannot approve your application this time. They just don’t want to feel bad since you are already customer with them. So when you guys apply online and see this message, don’t keep your hopes alive and wait for their update. You are declined and just wait for a letter from them in the mail that sorry we cannot approve your request for credit card at this time due to this that…

Apr 06, 2021
VERY DISAPPOINTED!

I applied for the silver secured Bank of America credit card. I was on the phone with the man for about 45 minutes asking questions and talking to him about different things that would cause me not to be approved. My credit score is in the mid 600 hundreds. He made it sound like since I was a customer since 2004, that I would most likely be approved. The application came back undetermined. He said that it had to go to someone else for it to be approved and that I could look up my approval online. When I looked it said denied. I trusted him. How dumb was I? I should have followed my instincts. For me being a customer since 2004 they do not act like it. I will NEVER AGAIN apply for a Bank of America card. I knew I should of applied somewhere else.

Mar 17, 2021
Thanks Covid

Easy to apply, have not the best credit I think 739, was approved for an initial 6500. Great apr. Balance transferred with ease, just been bumped up to 11k limit. Not one complaint, but I do my business online

Mar 15, 2021
Allegiant Airlines

Had to cancel a trip. Had trip insurance. Many calls back and forth to be refunded and it took forever. They lack customer service skills.

Feb 24, 2021
Worst credit card

I had the card never late , they revoked my credit card without notice .

Jan 05, 2021
Awful experience

Have the card for sometimes and I had to dispute the card rewards so many times that I lost trust in this card. Highly NOT recommended!

Jun 12, 2020
DECLINED

DECLINED AND I HAVE A 740 SCORE.