2.8

May 10, 2013
good card if you stick with it

I have had this card since 2008, and it has generally been a positive experience. I started out with a $1000 credit line (while I was in school) at 13.24% APR. I then received increases to $3500, then $5000, $13,500, and am currently at $16,000, with same base APR. They occasionally have promotions where they will let you cash advance or balance transfer funds at 0% for 12 months--I used this feature last year when I had to replace my roof; don't know where else I could have gotten an $8000 unsecured loan at 0%.? The 3-2-1 rewards are in points, not true cash back (at least on my card). Each point is less between about 1/2 and 2/3 of a cent depending on what you redeem it on. I recommend Discover or Amex over this card if what you really want is bank for you buck on rewards. But this card is great for just basic credit on good terms.

Jul 14, 2019
Bank of America as a company is not it

This was my very first credit card. Opened almost 3 years ago with a $400 security deposit. My Transunion was 510 when I opened this card and my income was at 20K. My Transunion is now 690 and my Experian is in the 700s and my income is now over 50K. I never missed a payment on this card and was never late at all. Always paid more than minimum or paid in full whenever I let a balance carry over. I never requested a credit line increase because I was so focused on trying to use this card responsibly to get them to graduate it to an unsecured card and return my security deposit. It didn?t matter anyway because they never once raised my limit and have continually denied my graduation request regardless of my stellar payment history with them and the fact that my financial portfolio has grown since first opening this card. 34 months of excellent payment history literally means nothing to them. I recently applied for my fourth graduation request last week after getting denied the last time in January and they denied me again so I finally closed this card, as well as my checking and my savings account that I had open with them since 2009 and IT FELT GREAT. I don?t feel appreciated as a customer with them and paying interest and annual fees on your own money is never fun. I know for a fact there are better cards and companies out here for me so I don?t think I will ever look at Bank of America as an option in anything I do going forward. Looking forward to getting my little security deposit back in the mail though :)?

Sep 26, 2022
Awful

This card is awful. The app won’t load any of my details, the customer service never called me back. Not even sure if my card is open. Wanted to do a balance transfer and it hasn’t happened. I can’t log into any computer or phone to get access to my account therefore unable to pay on the balance transfer. WORST CARD EVER.

Sep 09, 2022
impossible to get raise in credit limit

I was more or less told by the BoA person I would be approved and with good history would be increased periodically...it never happened. The card sits unused in my wallet and will remain so.

Sep 01, 2022
U will not get approved

Credit store is 750 and still didn’t get approved, it not worth the hard inquiry on your credit profile, so not apply.

Jul 10, 2022
Great Card to have..

The application process was quick, and the customer service is amazing. I have excellent credit, so I was more than pleased with the amount I was given. I have never had a problem with this card.

May 14, 2022
Boa

same negative experience with bank side of this company- no help at all and changing terms

Apr 15, 2022
Very easy to use

I have had this card for about 7 months and I love it. I pay early and do everything online. I have a credit score of 800 and was just curious if I would be accepted when I applied. It only took about 4 minutes and was approved. Love this card.

Apr 14, 2022
Worst Bank I've ever dealt with

Bank of America literally does not care about its customers at all. AVOID

Dec 04, 2021
Denied with 771 Credit and prescreen link letter

Denied with 771 score and prescreened letter with link to finish application. Thanks for the credit score ding…will never use BOA ever.

Jul 06, 2021
Untrained insufficient operators

5 days I tried to log in and had to change passcode 3 times and they said it did not match = 15 tries. Then the rep could not make it. Then they said they can't identify me. Each transfer led to over a 15 minute wait or disconnect.

Jun 27, 2021
On Credit Karma it says excellent chance

On Credit Karma, it says I have excellent chance approval. I have 768 score. I was declined. So now I have hard-hit on my credit. Thanks, Bof A and Credit Karma.