• Balance Transfer Intro APR 0%* for 12 Billing Cycles
  • Purchase Intro APR Not Applicable

Aug 23, 2019
Fantastic Rewards Card for PNC Customers
zoenanai Cardholder

I have been a PNC banker for a few years and got this card in 2017 while doing some in bank transactions. I absolutely love it! 4% back on gas all the time, 3% at restaurants incl fast food and 2% on groceries. Most cards don't recognize Walmart in the groceries category but this card does, which is huge for me because I primarily do my grocery shopping there. 1% on everything else (standard for cashback cards). They also have bonus cash back rewards where you can earn up to 10% back at certain places (like Little Caesars pizza). You have to manually activate whichever ones you want for that particular month.

I've never had problems with customer service or cashing out my rewards. The card automatically connects to your PNC online banking through virtual wallet (app and web) if you're already a customer. The ease of use is fantastic! I don't have to "schedule" a payment, simply transfer funds from whichever account I want to use to pay. The same with cashing out rewards dollars. Super easy and very convenient. The only thing I can say I would like to see different is the minimum $25 balance needed to cash out. It would be nice if there was no minimum but I know other cards do this as well. Overall I'm very happy with this card and will keep it as a daily spend cashback card.

Mar 12, 2019
RJames014 Cardholder

I applied for this card through the credit karma app. I have a 766 credit score and I’m used to being approved within a day of applying for a card. After a couple of days I got a call from PNC where they asked for all of the info that was in my application, and they said they were having trouble verifying my age. They told me to fax a copy of my drivers license. I thought this was strange, but I faxed it. I called back after 3 days to get a status on my application. I was told it was still processing. I asked if this was normal to take so long and the person said yes.  After 10 days of checking my email, spam, and texts, I called again, and I was told that I had been approved. I asked if it was normal to not notify applicants of a status change via email. I didn’t get an answer, but the person on the line apologized. When the card arrived a few days later, I called the number on the card to activate it. I also tried to enroll in PNC online as described in the packet that came with the card. I was unable to enroll because I didn’t have a PNC online access PIN. I called the PNC help number again, and there was no option on the computer system to obtain an online access PIN. After the computer system asked me for my SSN for the 5th time for some reason, I finally talked to a human. She told me that you have to call to obtain the online access PIN. It would be nice if that info was in the packet that came with the card. She generated a pin and told me I have to use it within 15 minutes. I tried to use it immediately but discovered that the PNC app is extremely glitchy. As I filled in one field, another field would go blank or the info would move from one box to another. The person on the phone asked if I was using the app and I told her I was. She then told me to use the PNC website. I tried to use the website to enroll, but this was also glitchy. I had to wait a second or 2 after each digit I typed for it to appear on the screen. After finally filling in the required info, the system said I entered it incorrectly. I verified the info line by line and tried to enter it again with the same result. I was then told a PIN would be mailed to me. Why wasn’t it mailed to start with? I’m patiently waiting now with very low expectations.

Jun 13, 2019
Love it
Finery90 Cardholder

You don't really own a credit card! Anyway, this is the best no annual fee card I have. Great rewards and service. I have no other PNC accounts. I've had no problem paying online using an external account, easily added on their website.

Jun 07, 2019
Not a bad card
RichardF1836 Cardholder

Pretty decent card haven't had it for long, my only gripe is unless you have a PNC bank account you cant pay online. For me, that's not a deal breaker, but it can be inconvenient.

Jun 13, 2019

I don't have a PNC account and I still pay online. You just need to add an external account.

Jun 24, 2019

You can’t add your external account through mobile banking. It has to be done through online banking

Oct 02, 2019

Your right, I had a mortgage prior to having an auto loan with PNC. I HATE their online banking system it's absolutely ridiculous and not user friendly. It was a nightmare trying to add an external account and even now when I go to pay there's always an error.

Jun 02, 2019
only get if you are with PNC
gspoon138 Cardholder

Had to call to request a PIN to create an online account only to discover that you can not make payments unless you have a PNC account.  Calling to make a payment is a hassle since you have to go through their dated online phone system and enter your social security number no less than 4 times to get to the menue that will let you pay.  Its not 1994 anymore, this is the biggest pain in the *** card I have seen in at least 25 years.

May 18, 2019
Dishonest

If you apply for PNC Visa card do NOT expect to get advertised Welcome Bonus. I was approved and spent $1000 minimum within first 90 days but they only gave me half of the advertised $200. Customer service is rude, slow and incompetent. #unprofessional

May 18, 2019

I applied and I got the advertises bonus. I called customer service once about a disputed amount charged. They were helpful, quick, and competent. So not every experience matches your's and not every experience matches mine.

May 13, 2019
horrible
AmirAt110 Cardholder

1- Usaully Credit cards give you about 12 month 0% APR. But not this card. 21% from the first billing cycle.

2- There is no way for you to go online and check your account unless you have PNC bank account. I called the custumer service 7 times, and personally went to PNC branch to find a way to pay my balance online. After allof my efforts, they told me they (PNC) are working on it, but untill then I only could pay by ohone or mail!

May 31, 2019

That’s not true! I pay online. You can’t pay through the app but you can go to the PNC website through your browser on your phone or computer to pay. Link your bank account and you’re good to go.

Jun 21, 2019

undefined

Apr 30, 2019
Regret having this card
CKINC Cardholder

Their system seems entirely antiquated. I won't even go into the application process (very similar to another review on this site). I never received my PIN so I couldn't log on to my account. I called customer service (typical hold time to talk to someone is around 15 mins, FYI) and was told it had been mailed. I explained I never received it. She said she'd mail another one. I asked if I could set one up over the phone and she said no. Had to wait 5-7 business days for PIN to arrive in mail.

I waited and it finally came. Went to create online account - PIN did not work. Called customer service again. Waited 15 mins to talk to someone... again. She explained that I was sent the wrong kind of PIN. Was sent a cash advance PIN. Absolutely no use to me. Was told I would be mailed another one. They said they could not issue it over the phone.

Mar 30, 2019
Horrible Online Interface
bacoulthard Cardholder

Onlike most financial insitutions based in the 21st century.  There is no way to set up an online account without first getting a pin "mailed" to you several weeks after you get your card.  I still haven't figured out how to set up auto-pay.  Perhaps it doesn't exist.

Apr 04, 2019

You mean the PIN wasn't mailed with the card or included with the account approval letter/email?

Apr 05, 2019

In my experience (described below), it was not. I had to call them (which is a nightmare - their phone system is for banking customers, and it's like they don't realize they have credit card customers; plus, it's a giant pain to navigate the automated system, since that's ALSO set up ONLY for banking customers, and it repeatedly demands the online banking PIN that you're calling to actually get) and they said it would come 1-2 weeks after receiving the card. Mine came 2 weeks after receiving the card.

I've had Amex, Cap One, Barclays, BoA, Chase cards - excellent credit - and never, ever, ever anything like this experience of needing a PIN to access an app and set up payment. PNC is meant for personal banking members, plain and simple. Avoid.

Apr 08, 2019

If you visit a branch they set it up for you in 2 minutes.

Apr 10, 2019

Perfect! I live 30 miles from a branch. So convenient.

Mar 29, 2019
Great card for earning cash on purchases

I have seen some bad reviews regarding customer service for this card and thought i would add my two cents. I have noticed the bad reviews come from non-pnc account holders which seems to be where the issues arise. Ipersonally had no problem activating my card and setting up online payment. I am also a pnc account holder, so it took about ten minutes or less to connect my card to my online banking app. Its super easy and convinient to use and manage. Perhaps pnc needs to work out the bugs for anyone who doesnt have a pnc account and this card would be much more attractive. But for me the process was flawless from approval to activation, 5 stars.

Mar 28, 2019
Horrible Customer Service
EmmaPine Cardholder

The card itself is fine. If you want to pay using paper and stamps, it's fine. If you want mobile access, there's an app, but you have to wait 2 weeks after you receive the card to have PNC mail you an "online banking PIN" in order to be able to set up the app. Once you set up mobile access, you still can't pay using the app, because you need to go set up some additional PNC online banking thing, rather than being able to add in your existing non-PNC bank account like EVERY OTHER CREDIT CARD APP OUT THERE. Instead of being able to do that easily, you must call PNC bank, navigate their entirely terrible automated line, and then be told by a real person, "Oh, you called the number that the pop-up on the Website told you to call in order to solve this issue? I'm sorry, I work with personal banking accounts and can't help with that - I have to transfer you to the credit card division." And you end up back at the beginning of the automated maze. When you get to someone else, they demand to know details about your loan with PNC, despite you calling about the credit card and not having your loan information available. It was at that point I asked to be transferred to someone who could help with cancelling the credit card. And that's what I did, explaining that this is the worst credit card experience I've ever had in JUST. TRYING. TO. PAY. THE. CARD.

Again, the card itself is fine. If you never plan to call them (tip: NEVER PLAN TO CALL THEM), and you never plan to have full mobile/online access to your account, and if you like doing the whole paper and stamp thing every month, this card is for you. If you like neverending exercises in frustration with customer service and having to jump through numerous hoops JUST TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO PAY VIA AN APP, this card is for you. Otherwise, protect your blood pressure and skip this card and avoid PNC Bank at all costs.

Apr 04, 2019

In areas where there's a PNC back, I bet you could go and make an in-person payment until the PIN or whatever's needed arrives. Other credit card issuers has a rule that one MUST wait 30 days to add a bank for online payment. AMEX done that to me, no problem, I didn't use the account for a month.

Apr 05, 2019

No, they told me I must have a PNC personal banking account to pay through the app. Ridiculous. PNC is the worst, even when I went through them set up a loan (can't do auto pay, can't do online banking, have to paper/stamp it or drive 30 miles to a branch). I live in 2019 and am not going to a bank each month to pay off a card lol.

May 31, 2019

I pay online every month. You have to go to the pnc website on your browser or computer to pay. Just link your banking info. You can’t use the app to pay. But you can log online through browser. It’s easy!

Jul 09, 2019

They have the worst customer service ever I got denied and I have perfect credit I got denied because I don't have a house loan laugh out loud they are the worst ever

Nov 07, 2019

You can always pay via the PNC website. Why don't you just get rid of the card versus coming online and b*tching about it. I have had no problems with PNC. I bank with them and just got approved for a visa with a massive Starting line. So everyone reading this... they are fine.

Mar 28, 2019
Card benefit are competitive 200 bonus
Hbal Cardholder

I am writing this review after using this card for 2 months. I applied for this card through CK link which offered $200 signup bonus. PNC online process was quick and they approved immediately and informed credit limit as 15k. When I applied, my Experian score was 792 from the communication I received from PNC. I am also having PNC bank account for past 9 yrs and i live in EAST where PNC has large presence. This might have added advantage when they approved it.

Benifits :

Sign-up bonus : I received $200 sign-up bonus after 2 billing cycle as Statement credit. Not as Reward Cashback.

Typically they take upto 3 billing cycles from the time you meet the eligiblity. You can follow-up and ask for your status.

GAS : 4% on gas everywhere including Costco & Sam's club.  Restaurants : 3%

Grocery : 2% grocery even from walmart,target.. Excludes Costco,Sam's club(where you get 1%)

Everything else : 1%.

No Annual fee. But there is 3% Foregin transaction fee.

So far my experience was great and customer serivce was helpful on every occassion.

PNC Cash Rewards® Visa® Credit Card