2.7
from Credit Karma members in the last year

Jan 17 2019
Excellent Rewards Rate

2% to 4% categories apply for the first $8,000 in those categories per year. For instance, you can spend up to $8,000 per year combined for the 2%, 3%,and 4% categories. After that, its 1%. Year starts when you apply until your anniversary date, and then the $8,000 resets. Plus they have deals (10% off at Chili's, 10% off at Petco, etc.) that you have to activate. So if you take advantage of the 10% off at Chili's deal, you get 10% off plus you still get the 3% off for dining. And 4% gas is hard to beat. Need to accumulate $25 in rewards in order to redeem but the $ you get with deals count towards the $25. Deal $ are paid the following month. All in all, pretty sweet.

Mar 12 2019

I applied for this card through the credit karma app. I have a 766 credit score and I'm used to being approved within a day of applying for a card. After a couple of days I got a call from PNC where they asked for all of the info that was in my application, and they said they were having trouble verifying my age. They told me to fax a copy of my drivers license. I thought this was strange, but I faxed it. I called back after 3 days to get a status on my application. I was told it was still processing. I asked if this was normal to take so long and the person said yes. After 10 days of checking my email, spam, and texts, I called again, and I was told that I had been approved. I asked if it was normal to not notify applicants of a status change via email. I didn't get an answer, but the person on the line apologized. When the card arrived a few days later, I called the number on the card to activate it. I also tried to enroll in PNC online as described in the packet that came with the card. I was unable to enroll because I didn't have a PNC online access PIN. I called the PNC help number again, and there was no option on the computer system to obtain an online access PIN. After the computer system asked me for my SSN for the 5th time for some reason, I finally talked to a human. She told me that you have to call to obtain the online access PIN. It would be nice if that info was in the packet that came with the card. She generated a pin and told me I have to use it within 15 minutes. I tried to use it immediately but discovered that the PNC app is extremely glitchy. As I filled in one field, another field would go blank or the info would move from one box to another. The person on the phone asked if I was using the app and I told her I was. She then told me to use the PNC website. I tried to use the website to enroll, but this was also glitchy. I had to wait a second or 2 after each digit I typed for it to appear on the screen. After finally filling in the required info, the system said I entered it incorrectly. I verified the info line by line and tried to enter it again with the same result. I was then told a PIN would be mailed to me. Why wasn't it mailed to start with? I'm patiently waiting now with very low expectations.

Mar 21 2020
Grocery ROI

I had been lusting after this card for a while, an finally had the courage to apply again. Second application over a three year period, and I was apporved with a 20k limit (score between 700-720). I have no bank accounts with this bank, but I do have other credit cards, so online information pull made the application rather simplistic. I am excited for the 4% return on groceries, as I have not been able to find a better returning card (for this purpose) elsewhere.

Mar 17 2020
Whatever

The welcome bonus is a lie. You will never get the $150.

Mar 11 2020
Evaluating now

I applied with TU 670, EQ 655. Credit Karma said I had fair approval odds. I applied and got a response saying they had to review my application. I emailed them saying I have been a PNC customer for 5 years. Told them I was trying to build my credit and need to grow my available credit. I asked them to look at my checking and savings to see I was not broke. I think this had an impact. The next day I was approved for $7500. The most I have ever been approved for. Thank you PNC. I hope I get the bonus because I have spent $2000 in the first month.

Mar 07 2020

With pnc for about 12 years. Finally dropped them as pretty incompetent. Had asked a few times about lowering interest rate because never missed payments, etc. reported increased income. They said they review accounts twice a year. I have a fico score of 820. Had checking, savings & credit card with them. Moved all my accounts to a credit union. Int rate in credit card now 7%, including wonderful service. Wouldn't go to pnc to cash a check or cash in coins now.

Mar 04 2020
Excellent card with excellent rewards.

In the rebuilding phase so I have a number of low limit ($500-$600) unsecured cards so I was skeptical when the lady at PNC told me I was pre approved when I went open an account. I agreed to complete the application and was approved for $4K. I was shocked. I can't thank PNC enough for giving me a chance to prove my credit worthiness. The app is also EXTREMELY user friendly. Open it, select the account, and pay. The rewards payed off as promised also. Not sure when they do it, but I'm looking forward to my first auto CLI!!

Mar 02 2020
Rewarding!

Great for Rewards..PNC Checking account Recommended!

Feb 15 2020
Terrible bank

Got the card then switched my checking account over to PNC to streamline everything. There are 2 PNC apps and neither of them work correctly. Transactions are super delayed making a payment is a joke and doesn't even give you confirmation it was made. I called and they told me my payment didn't go through that I need to make it through the browser, I then got hit with 2 payments then they tell me I won't get my money back for up to 10 days. This is literally the worse bank I've even dealt with.

Feb 07 2020
Absolute trash

Card came later then stated. Robocalls from PNC that put me on hold only to hang up after waiting. Hours spent online JUST TRYING TO GET ONLINE ACCESS. Never got it after talking to who knows how many people. Completely incompetent customer service. AVOID PNC BANK. DO NOT APPLY FOR OR USE THEIR SERVICES.

Jan 15 2020
WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE WORST APLICATION EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 15 2020
WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PNC bank is worst ever, I have 720 score before denial, 4 personal cards 5 business cards, 50k credit line combined on personal and they check like I am applying for CIA position... Had me go to local PNC bank twice,btw in 45 minutes no customer entered, not a single foot. Denied me because address on aplication was diferent then on my tax info... that happens when you move 4 months ago...The worst was the voice of silly woman on the phone who did not even listen to me and was going to hang up. She sounded like she is having top pleasure to stick it to the people... so rude and crude. I will spit every time I am driving around this bank for now on..