3.9

Mar 29, 2021
Great for people who actually pay off their debts

Not sure why there are so many bad reviews on here, if you pay your debts on time, as with any credit card, its great. Plus discovers online options and interface is terrific. When you apply for a credit card, and open a new account your score is going to dip for a little while.. Its not BECAUSE you got a discover card.

Mar 27, 2021
I have the discover card

I pay the balance on this card to zero every month. It is the only card I have. Shortly after getting it my credit score dropped from 775 to 725 !!!!!!! even though I have no balance on this card or any other!!!!

Oct 13, 2021
Waste of a credit pull

736 transunion/equifax score, 165K income, CK said approval odds "excellent".... Application still denied. Thanks for wasting a hard credit pull.

Sep 26, 2021
Applied per Credit Karmas recommendation

I got approved but the limit is pathetic! I make a lot of money have less than 30% utilization, mortgage is 17% LTV, credit card limits are between 10K and 25K. Discover gives me 3K?? Wasted a credit pull!

Sep 06, 2021
It's a great card it was the only card I never had

I had one of every card in my life time.i had just wanted to get one was turned down 3 times before even with a 755 score. But one day I got a offer from them in the mail I said I'm not going to apply then my cousin said because they work for the bank. Apply because your letter said you are pre-approved so they have already looked at your credit score.before sending you a offer. I was given a great offer in 5 minutes card was in my hand within 5 to 7 day's.and they already was given rewards to people that companies I was already using.so I started using their card over my American Express Cards. But always remember that even if you get the card like all cards and loans your score will drop til about 2 to 4 months that's show you pay all accounts on time.before it go back up. But say when I got the card my score drop by 23 points then in 4 months it's up by 40 so make sure you keep paying attention to that.

Sep 04, 2021
very good = declined

Thanks for the hard pull, credit karmma!

Sep 04, 2021
CK said I had a "very good" chance of being approv

CK said I had a "very good" chance of being approved. I would think they would be right. I have a 814 FICO score. I was declined. I already have two credit cards with Discover. I use them and have no late pays with them. I have two Chase cards as well. I didn't really use them, but I will now. The Discover cards are now in a draw and may never see the light of day again.

Aug 18, 2021
Auto increases in balance - and low interest rates

When you pay this card timely and regularly, they reward you with unsolicited balance increases which is great for your credit score. They also give you periods of super low interest rate - 6 months of this year, they had me at 3.99. I was able to put all charges on this card, and pay off all my others. All those purchases during that period STAY at 3.99%. Great business model! This is my #1 card

Aug 04, 2021
Love my Discover Card

What I love the most is customer service! This group has been great to work with! Interest rate isn't bad compared to so many other cards. Loved the entry transfer option and low interest rate!

Aug 01, 2021
Was okay at first

This card was good at first. I used this card to go on vacation back in 2018. Spent about $2,000 on this card. Two months later I paid the card off in full. Didn't carry a balance on it there after. When the Pandemic hit in 2020 The lender got scared of me as a card holder they were afraid I would make massive charges on the card and not pay it back as well with other card holders. They dropped my limit from $8,500 to $500. I had no balance at the time. I haven't used the card since. About 9 months later they closed my account.

Jul 20, 2021
Pre approved

Then all of a sudden im not approved? Im still at 695

Jul 20, 2021
Discover is GREAT If You Pay on Time!!

THIS REVIEWS ARE SO WRONG!! Everyone in my household have excellent credit We all own Discover and they are amazing!!! Yall odd approval is based in how yall handle your finances.. PAY ON TIME & NEVER EXCEED 30% on Credit cards debts!!!