Min. deposit

$0

3.4

Feb 16 2020
Great starter. Transition to their 2% CB

Don't go over 7% on any card if you want the best results. The key is to know all of your credit card's statement days. This is the cut off for when they send current balances to the credit bureaus. Let your card show 7% utilization on the statement closing day. Then wait 24-48hrs or pay it off before the monthly payment day. You can also change your payment days so it's a smooth process. By doing this, you'll get a double boost. 1 for utilization & 1 shortly after for paying your 7% off. Call in each time you pay off so they can send another update to the 3 bureaus behind the statement closing day one. Use this trick if you don't want to wait 6 months to build credit. You can do it in 2-5 months.

Feb 17 2020
Never Returned Security Deposit

I've had this card since 2016 and they never returned my security deposit. The customer service is horrible and they've never raised my original $300 dollar limit. The card has upgraded to the Diamond Preferred Card, but my security deposit was never returned. When I called and asked about my security deposit, I spoke to two red and neither of them could figure out where my security deposit was. In the terms and agreeemnets they state it'll be held in a secure collateral account but nobody could give me more info about it. Would close it but it's my oldest card. If you're just starting to build credit consider the Discover It Secured Card. Excellent customer service and they upgrade and return your deposit in a timely manner.

Jan 17 2021
Horrible

I had the the for two years never missed a payment. I was paying my card of fully and they closed it with no explanation on why they closed. Never received a notification. I found when I went to pay for something. They never told me why . Don’t do it!

Jan 14 2021
Secured card and got disapproved

Wow.. Secured and don't wanna help a minority like me to build credit..wow

Jan 14 2021
Not worth it

Paid my balance in full every month for 1 year and it remained a secured card. When I called, they said it will be reviewed after 18 months. There a lot of other options for secured cards that will be more beneficial. The points to get your credit established and setback on track. This card is a waste of time.

May 04 2020
Easy to obtain

Applied 4/16 Submitted deposit 4/17 Deposit cleared 4/20 Account considered open 4/22 Received card 4/30

Apr 27 2020
Good Card

I applied for the Citi Secured card in June of 2019.. I only put a $200 deposit up since I also applied for the Discover It Secured card as well as the Capital One Secured card. I always kept a low balance on my Citi card, making purchases oh no more then $20 a month. Always paying it off in full before my statement closing date. When paying my bill, I paid it before 1pm using my checking account. My current balance always updated to $0 within an hour after I paid. By 10am the next day, my available credit reflected my previous days payment. I have had no issues since I've had the card. On March 27th I received a letter stating that my credit card account no longer required a security deposit, and I would be receiving my security deposit back,, and would be sent a Citi Diamond Preferred MasterCard. I have read a lot of negative reviews about this card, but I have I had no issues so far. So, as stated in a lot of posts about getting graduated in no less than 18 mouths is not correct. All I can recommend what is that you make sure make payments on time and keep your balance low.

Apr 25 2020
They closed my account

After laying my balance in full they closed my account and then told me that it would take 2 billing cycles for them to return my deposit.

Apr 11 2020
Okay card, dont expect to pay and have funds quick

The card is decent as far as you pay for your available balance so in a sense its however high you want it, no annual fee. The catch is when you make your payment ( i just paid the full balance) the availability to use it isnt for 10-12 days after the payment has been processed, the money cleared my checking account and was posted to credit card and management said well there is nothing we can but forward a complaint. So even though i paid for the full amount i can not use my card for 10-12 days now. So if you get the card dont expect to use your money that they pull from your checking account within a day for a couple weeks, also the application process seemed to take forever to finally get the card

Apr 03 2020

Mar 24 2020
CREDIT UP FOR 7 POINTS

My credit went up only by 7 points when I oppened this account, It was supossed to rise my score a little more

Mar 23 2020

Was great to increase my credit,? do not use over 30% of your credit limit,? make payments few days early,?

Min. deposit