3.3

Nov 02, 2017
I love this card

7/1/17 I went with this card because the capital one card wouldn't approve me (collections from capital one 4 years ago) and the beginning was rough. They said my application will take further review and they will have an answer for me in 1 week. By day 4 the 200$ was taken out of my account. Still no word on if I was approved or not. 2 weeks went by, still no update. I called at 2 1/2 weeks and they said my application is still pending. I stated the deposit has already been pulled and I don't understand why they would pull and not approve the application. The customer service was very friendly. Few days later I was approved. Took just over a week after that to receive the card. Two weeks after that I get an email from Credit Karma saying my score changed. I looked and this card jumped me up 35 points. I have 2 things in collections and a judgement of 3,000. My score started at 451. I have not paid anything (yet) and my score after one month of opening the card is 532. This card has jumped me over 80 points in a month. Pretty happy. *Update* 11/2/17 Okay! It's been 5 months since I've had this card, I have not paid any of my collections. One medical and one from capital one for almost $500. My score is now 600. This card has not only raised my credit score 150 points, but I am also now approved with Capital One secured card! I only needed to give them $49 for a deposit and have a $200 limit. I originally wanted the capital one card but was denied but approved for this one. I cannot express how happy I am to be on the road to recovery on my credit! All payments made on time, never any issues, and my new card will be here in a few weeks! Let's see how fast my score raises now! ????????????

Jun 18, 2018
Long wait times

I applied for this card on 4/22/2018 and it took until 6/17/2018 to be approved. In that time period I applied for a card with Discover and was approved in ten minutes over the phone. There was no change to my credit in that time period to affect either decision. Once I started to use my Discover card I realized that it was literally better than the Citi card in every way. I called to cancel my Citi card and was told they would mail their credit approval department (they couldn't even call their own employees). After my experiences with Citi and their customer service I recommend that you only apply for this card if you have no other option. The card has no benefits, they take forever, and there are much better options out there with either Discover or Capital One.

May 27, 2022
It started out great ...

I encountered an unexpected financial glitch that led to my payment to Citi being returned. Within 15 days they closed my account. I called customer service, and they said my card is ineligible to be reopened. I asked him to look at my otherwise excellent record, and he said that makes no difference. I asked to speak to a supervisor, but she hung up on me. Unreasonable response to a one time difficulty combined with surprisingly unprofessional customer service makes it so I can not recommend this bank.

May 15, 2022
I love this card!

This is the best secured credit card I have ever had. I applied for another one at the same time and I hate it. This card post’s you payments Immediately my other one it takes like a week and a half . So anybody looking for a secured credit card it should definitely apply for this one!

Mar 27, 2022
Todo excelente

Una aplicación muy buena y con mucha ayuda

Mar 20, 2022
Deposit Returned and Credit Line Increase

Within less than a year, my security deposit was returned and a new card was issued with a credit line increase. Don't use more than 10% of your secure deposit credit line and pay on time the entire balance due.

Mar 20, 2022
Amazing

I never thought that I would get another chance with a credit card due to the fact that I have one from Credit One & First Premier Bank both accounts closed on me cause I couldn't pay the bill after I explained to them about my operation on my ankle and didn't have any income. Citi took a chance on me with a credit score of 426 and because of Citi my score jumped up 73points. Now I can really rebuild my credit score to be even better.

Mar 09, 2022
Realistic Process w/ This Credit Card

The whole process was pretty similar to any other secured credit card in the market right now. 1. I applied for the credit card and got approved within the same process of applying. 2. 3 days later I had to confirm small bank deposits and enter them in the 2nd part of the application process. 3. Took about 10 calendar days for them to send me a confirmation email saying my account was open and I will be receiving the card in the mail. 4. Got the card in the mail a little under 2 weeks after that email was sent to me. Been using it ever since. This month is the first month I'll be seeing how much it effects my credit score after only using 22% of my $500 secured balance in the first month.

Mar 04, 2022
What a lackluster company

I got this card back in 2020 to start building my credit back up. I never missed a payment but the moment I tried to dispute a transaction that wasn’t from me, they make you go through a tedious process like writing out a literal statement and sending it through mail. As well they say that 12-18 months they graduate your secured card to a unsecured card. It’s been 22 months since I’ve had it and called in to see if I’m ever going to graduate and said it’ll be 6 more months for a account review and that’s if they feel like transitioning me to one of their unsecured cards. Overall, if you really have no options when building your credit then go for the card BUT if you have options STAY AWAY FROM THIS CARD

Feb 24, 2022
Card is a very good card it will help a lot of thi

This card is a good card it can help you when you need to get a motel rent a car or anything else that got to do with credit cards I prefer this card and you will love this card guarantee thank you how was the

Feb 17, 2022
Terrible

I've had this card for over 3 years now. They won't up my credit limit nor will they give me my deposit back. They said it would take 18 months to mature but thas a lie! Aw awell as this darn card did nothing for my credit on the contrary even after only using 30% of the limit on this card it says that I've used it to much. I've never missed a payment and have it set to a limit that can be used and it's only hurt my credit.

Feb 12, 2022
They blame you for disputing a transaction

It took me a month to get approved and then another month to get my card, I had to call and speak to someone because i had a transaction for $150 that i did not make and they tried to say i did the transaction.