3.3

Mar 03, 2021
Great Starter

I am in my 50's and never had credit, I applied for this card and was approved after paying the $200. Decided to use this card for gas only and after using and paying my credit went up quickly, the first month it went up 49 points!! On the second month it went up again 3 points, which is not a lot but it went up and not down. This is my first credit card and I am looking forward to seeing my score go up. I am paying before the due date and only using for a gas card for now. I am more than happy so far and excited to see what it will be after 3-6 months. I highly recommend this as a start to gaining positive and good credit.

Jan 14, 2021
Not worth it

Paid my balance in full every month for 1 year and it remained a secured card. When I called, they said it will be reviewed after 18 months. There a lot of other options for secured cards that will be more beneficial. The points to get your credit established and setback on track. This card is a waste of time.

Nov 19, 2022
Keeps you waiting

I've had this card for 4 years always paid on time I use it regularly but they still haven't changed it over to an unsecured card. It comes in handy but don't believe the hype they aren't converting your card to an unsecured card.

Nov 15, 2022
Dishonest and predatory

Lost my job shortly after spending 75% of my available credit on this card, None of the protections they offered were put into place for some reason.... They proceeded to charge off the debt, keep my deposit (which, by the way, exceeded the blance), and refuse to tell me where my security deposit went. Avoid at all costs.

Oct 20, 2022
Deceitful

I opened this card in April 2021. At the time it said would be eligible to get my $200 deposit back and convert to unsecured card after 12 months. June of 2022, after 14 months of great payment history I get a letter that says it will remain a secured card and will have another review in 18 months. I paid my balance off in full and closed the card. Although I had a $0 balance which was paid before my due date, they charged me an almost $40 late fee. After calling and talking to their customer service the late fee was waived and my refund request was processed. Took about 2 weeks or so to get my refund. Will never do business with Citi Cards again.

Oct 17, 2022
Not worth the trouble.

Beat take your chances with other secure cards if you want to improve credit.

Oct 06, 2022
Worthless

Applied- Sent Money Card arrived 4 weeks later. 10 Months later I received the - will continue as secured. Another 10 months pass and was told will continue to be secured. Paid off every month. Tried holding small balances and paying off. No Budge, Credit Score was mid 700s after 2 years. I finally decided to close it, was told account will take 21 days to fully close then a check will be mailed 4-6 weeks out then expect check another 2-4 weeks after So roughly 3-4 months. Your money doesn't gain interest while they hold it either, no rewards, no cashback. Its not worth it period.

Sep 23, 2022
Good at first

Card was good at first. Easy to make payment. But will puts holds on card for all kinds of reasons. Like for making to many payments in a month. Never gave you a increase line of credit. Hold time on calls to customer’s service are a hour hold most of the time. And then Can’t help you till you get to a manager. Then they closed my account and will not. (Will not gave me a reason over the phone). And hung up on me. Do not recommend this card.

Sep 22, 2022
Company not worth my time.

I applied to Citi bank TWICE and was turned down twice despite saying I was pre-denied with GOOD credit. The rejected me twice, they do NOT get my business.

Aug 27, 2022
Skeptical

I applied for this card told me it would not affect my credit but low and behold it took points off my score thanks credit Karma I'm trying to rebuild not have it taken away but besides that I got approved but the only thing is it's been like a week and they have yet to email or call me said it would be mailed when they verify but I have yet to receive any information and they took almost a 100 dollars off the card next time I will leave well enough alone!

Jul 27, 2022
WORST Card EVER

Horrible. I’ve been two years with the card. And every time that they supposed to review my acct, they tell me that I need one more year to get me my deposit back. I opened DISCOVER SECURED CARD and at 6 months they already return me my deposit and increase my credit limit. Please DO NOT apply for this card. If you use $25 and pay in time they just add 1 point to you credit. And later, they apply-3 to you credit score just for using it. Bad bad bad

May 27, 2022
It started out great ...

I encountered an unexpected financial glitch that led to my payment to Citi being returned. Within 15 days they closed my account. I called customer service, and they said my card is ineligible to be reopened. I asked him to look at my otherwise excellent record, and he said that makes no difference. I asked to speak to a supervisor, but she hung up on me. Unreasonable response to a one time difficulty combined with surprisingly unprofessional customer service makes it so I can not recommend this bank.