3.7

Apr 23, 2017
Use It to Your Advantage

Okay so I see a lot of negative reviews that I think mostly stem from Open Sky not clearly communicating the process/when they report to bureaus etc. Here's the deal. If you want a boost in your score quickly, apply for the card around the 15th-20th of the month. Open Sky reports to the credit bureaus on the last business day of the month (then sometimes it takes a week or so after that for the bureau to reflect the change). It takes 3-4 days for your $200 (or whatever) deposit to go through, and for the card to be shipped, after approval. Your account isn't considered open until the date the card is shipped. The card comes with the $35 annual fee already tacked onto the balance and if you ordered your card mid-late in the month, that $35 won't be due until the end of the next month (but it will count towards utilization when reported to the bureus, which is a good thing, as long as you keep utilization under 30%. $35 out of $200 is 17.5%). Each month, your bill is due on the 28th. So to absolutely optimize the credit boost you can get from this card: order it around the 18th of the month. The card will probably ship out around the 22nd. Don't worry about paying the $35 fee the second you get the card - you can activate it with the $35 fee on there. Let the utilization work for you when they report to the bureus on the last business day of the month, then on like the 5th of the next month, pay the $35 off. Now, set up a monthly small charge, like Netflix or something, to come out mid month, and DONT use your card other than that monthly charge. When you get your bill in the beginning of the month each month, pay off the last month's balance in full. I've had the card for a couple months, and that's all I've learned from research/talking to their customer service. It's worked well for me so far!

Jan 01, 2018
Starter Card

I originally applied for a Citi Bank Secured card and was declined, so I had to dramatically lower my expectations and applied for this one. At the time I had about a 560ish Fico score across the board with lots of things in collections. I've had the card for almost a year now, pay my bills on time every time, and they report it to all the credit agencies every month,?albeit?a month behind. Yes there is a 10 Day wait before the credit line becomes available to you, but?I think that is because they're are waiting to see if the payment which has to be made with a bank account returns. Fair enough in my opinion for this kind of card. My credit score has raised considerably since I applied for this card and am now able to get unsecured credit cards. Once I hit my credit score goal I plan on dumping them but for now they do nothing but help. I think if you have bad credit like me and?pay your bill on time, this card is a great starter for people starting over.

Sep 20, 2022
Lack of support and missed reoccurring payments

Overall, this card has harmed my score rather than helped. On several occasions, I have to set up payments on consecutive days because their system will miss. In turn, when a missed payment happens, it will knock your credit for a missed payment as well as credit utilization % if you have previously thought it was payed off and continued using the card. Other card companies have more intuitive apps compared and an actual customer service department. My suggestion would be to stay away.

Sep 19, 2022
Great card to boost your score!

After years of being a struggling single mother, my credit was horrible. Open Sky turned that around for me. This card has been a great asset in me building and regaining a great score again!

Sep 18, 2022
Don't get this card

Only accepts Western Union or by mail. They never offered online payments.

Easy to get

I didn't have negative credit but had 0 credit because for 20yrs I didn't subscribe to the use of credit cards. Needless to say, my score was in the 500 range. After 6 months of using this card I was able to obtain a real card with low amount of $500. Then eventually am Amex card. 2 yrs later my credit score hit 800! This card is easy to use. Download the app and pay online. I haven't tried to get my deposit back yet. I still jane this card

Great way to build

I was needing to build credit. I was in the rebuilding phase after a 7-year mess up. And I started slow with this card. 2 years later my credit is better my score is better this card is amazing customer service with them is amazing. And I have other credit cards now that are no longer secured. This is a great restart a great way to get your life back a great way to get credit and a great way to have a secured line of credit if needed.

Easy approval

After I filled my bankruptcy open sky was the only card that would accept me application fast fast and easy.open sky allowed me to establish credit when no one else would

Sep 17, 2022
Very useful in building my credit

My credit score was a four now it's pretty high this is a step I need to make a bigger purchase that requires excellent credit.

Rebuilding Credit

I highly recommend Opensky if you want to rebuild your credit. My credit score was raised just after a few on time payments

Sep 16, 2022
Great to establish Credit.

I woke up one day & decided to fix my credit once & for all. Credit Karma recommended this as a place to start. They gave me a 200 credit limit, within 5 months of on time payments & a low account balance they notified me my credit limit had increased to 400. Use, it for small purchases, & pay it off asap, & your credit will build rather quickly.

Sep 16, 2022
Built and REbuilt my credit score

I've read many of all the negative reviews and they could not be further from my experiences with this card. I've had it well over a year now and the sign up, customer service, online payment set up, and personalizable notification settings for card usage have literally allowed me to build my credit to over 700 points. I had no credit prior to getting this card. At 27 It's my first credit card ever and I was so intimidated by terminology and numbers when it came to figuring out which card would be right for me. They explained everything very clearly so to anyone complaining about "not getting their deposit back"or things being "unclear" maybe they just didn't read the info. Its laid out for you, It was the first thing I looked into when I saw there was $200 deposit and all info and questions are answered in the cards description. I paid my card in full on time every month and they increased my credit limit a significant amount just for having a good on time payment history. Good/smart choices get rewarded. It's literally the whole point of the card. It's to help you grow credit while teaching you good credit habits. My lack of credit history kept me from getting a "name brand" card like id hoped for. I saw this card and had never heard of it, didn't like its look, didn't like the name, but I decided to take a chance and I'm so fuggin glad I did. This card is basically good for anyone with horrible dead credit trying to make a come back or brand new credit just trying to start a history. About 7 months into my time with the card I was so proud of how my score was climbing but then I took a huge hit to my credit, was super bummed but it was my own fault, nonetheless I was able to climb back up higher than it ever was by just continuing to use the card while also limiting my spending to under 30% of the credit limit LIKE IT SAYS TO and was able to maximize my monthly credit score increases. If you're worried and hesitant don't be, this card actually works if your sole purpose is to grow your credit score. Be smart, pay in full on time every month, don't spend over 30% of the credit limit. I swear it works. I still have the card and I have zero complaints. They saved my credits life.