3.7

Apr 23, 2017
Use It to Your Advantage

Okay so I see a lot of negative reviews that I think mostly stem from Open Sky not clearly communicating the process/when they report to bureaus etc. Here's the deal. If you want a boost in your score quickly, apply for the card around the 15th-20th of the month. Open Sky reports to the credit bureaus on the last business day of the month (then sometimes it takes a week or so after that for the bureau to reflect the change). It takes 3-4 days for your $200 (or whatever) deposit to go through, and for the card to be shipped, after approval. Your account isn't considered open until the date the card is shipped. The card comes with the $35 annual fee already tacked onto the balance and if you ordered your card mid-late in the month, that $35 won't be due until the end of the next month (but it will count towards utilization when reported to the bureus, which is a good thing, as long as you keep utilization under 30%. $35 out of $200 is 17.5%). Each month, your bill is due on the 28th. So to absolutely optimize the credit boost you can get from this card: order it around the 18th of the month. The card will probably ship out around the 22nd. Don't worry about paying the $35 fee the second you get the card - you can activate it with the $35 fee on there. Let the utilization work for you when they report to the bureus on the last business day of the month, then on like the 5th of the next month, pay the $35 off. Now, set up a monthly small charge, like Netflix or something, to come out mid month, and DONT use your card other than that monthly charge. When you get your bill in the beginning of the month each month, pay off the last month's balance in full. I've had the card for a couple months, and that's all I've learned from research/talking to their customer service. It's worked well for me so far!

Jan 01, 2018
Starter Card

I originally applied for a Citi Bank Secured card and was declined, so I had to dramatically lower my expectations and applied for this one. At the time I had about a 560ish Fico score across the board with lots of things in collections. I've had the card for almost a year now, pay my bills on time every time, and they report it to all the credit agencies every month,?albeit?a month behind. Yes there is a 10 Day wait before the credit line becomes available to you, but?I think that is because they're are waiting to see if the payment which has to be made with a bank account returns. Fair enough in my opinion for this kind of card. My credit score has raised considerably since I applied for this card and am now able to get unsecured credit cards. Once I hit my credit score goal I plan on dumping them but for now they do nothing but help. I think if you have bad credit like me and?pay your bill on time, this card is a great starter for people starting over.

2022

May 22, 2022
Speechless

I of course applied for this card to help my credit. I did this in 2019 with a $300 limit.. it is now 2022 and yet my balance has not increased at all..I have been trying to reach them to see if my balance would increase. My score has definitely went up a notch but I think a lot of my old credit bills has fell off my credit and receiving new cards to help build. But I guess!!!

May 13, 2022
Horrible

Accidentally missed a payment by 1 day and they can never use my bank account again customer service is rude and told me I have to open a new checking or saving account to make my payments I’ve had this card for 2 years now been on time paid early never got a credit increase or nothing just a rude customer representative

May 13, 2022
Closed my account

OpenSky closed my account due to my discharged Bankruptcy. Had card for 8 months never having a balance and was given an unsecured increase since improving my credit and two weeks later Account restricted due to a bankruptcy that was discharged…

May 10, 2022
They Dropped Me by 38 Points for using this card!

I forced myself to buy some small things to show it was being used. I finally had my credit score above 600. 2 days later, I was dropped 38 points because of what Opensky reported, saying I was a risk. I had NO late payments. I have since cancelled this. Note, no way to email them, only by mail and the 800 number on the card. NOT GOOD.... Note, this is 'my' money on that card that was in their bank. Its like a savings account in actuality, and they dropped my credit 38 points? Think about that.

May 10, 2022
useless

Not happy with this card, not a reliable card to have.

Apr 29, 2022
Takes forever to receive credit card

I applied for my car over 3 weeks ago. Still haven’t gotten an update on it nor do I have it in my possession. I’ve had credit cards before and they’ve never taken this long to get to me . Kinda sketchy when you put a decent Amount down and the bank doesn’t communicate with you

Apr 26, 2022
Worked for me.

I didn't have credit history and was looking for a home loan. I put $200 on this card, which increased my score 132 points in one month. After that I was able to get an unsecured card(Credit One, something recommended on here) that increased my score another 35 points. After playing the credit game, choosing which cards to take and how much to spend I was able to get to 700 in 4 months and get my home loan. It's all thanks to Credit Karma and Open Sky, which is the first card I could get and what started everything for me. The only reason it isn't 5 stars is because of the fees. That said, a few hundred bucks was worth being able to buy a home. I don't know about rebuilding but it worked wonders for me for building credit.

Apr 26, 2022
Waste of time

They take 5 business day to process transactions and to post your payments each...so in reality you can inky use your card about 1 week out of the month...most of the month your account isn't reflecting the current status or balance so you won't be able to use your card anyway...netsoend literally posts their transactions faster. Between netspend and chime there no point in me having a card I can't use most of the time smh

Apr 24, 2022
Easy approval but that’s about it.

Trash card. There’s fees for everything, I had a 25 dollar fee on my card upon arrival and when I’m not using it I still get charged fees. There’s atm fees and gas pump fees. I also paid my last bill on time (made sure) and it somehow got reversed and they cut my credit limit even though it was my $250 deposit. Steer clear, I recommend Self credit builder and you can get a secured credit card through them hen your account is in good standing. I shouldn’t even give Opensky one star. Looking forward to closing this credit account.

Apr 22, 2022
I applied for this card and hadn't heard back on a

I applied for this card six months still haven't heard back from it yet I pay my deposit for it haven't got my refund yet everytime I call the number it just hang up