Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card Reviews

• Balance Transfer Intro APR Not Applicable
  • Annual Fee $0 intro, $95 after first year
  • Purchase Intro APR Not Applicable

Feb 21, 2019
Not showing up on my credit report.
Moneyhungry01 Cardholder

This card has a great welcome bonus after 3k spent in the first 3 months. I have made well over the annual fee in rewards already due to the amount I spend on it. Be sure to always pay your balance if you want to profit one balance hit with interest and it will add far more then the reward to your balance due. I have had it for almost three months is anyone else not having it appear on thier credit report? To clarify i would like it on my report to raise my over all credit line %. Please comment with any information thanks in advance!!

Feb 25, 2019

Most likely they hard hit Experian only. I've had that happen, but the account should show on all 3 eventually with a hit on possibly one bureau only. After 3 months, it should appear. It may take more time. I've had credit line increases take 3 months to show.

Mar 31, 2019

It shows up after three months.

Jan 02, 2019
Grandfathered
PhDarien Cardholder

I got grandfathered in after product changing to the original savor from a quiksilver .  No bonus for me.  While this is an amazing card, I don’t use it at all besides the entertainment portion.  My AMEX Gold gives the 4% dining and supermarkets, which is where this should’ve been if it’s for foodies.   My Sapphire Reserve gives 3% back, but the points are worth more.

Jan 08, 2019

You have to pay an annual fee to American Express to get 4% on dining, where you don't pay any annual fee for a grandfathered Savor.

Nov 04, 2018
Good if you eat out a lot
fexon Cardholder

What motivated me the most to get this card was the $500 bonus (after spending $3000 in the first 3 months). I paid my rent using the card to meet that $3000 rthreshhold in 3 months. 4% on eating out and entertainment is good but I don't think it's enough to cover the $95 fee after the first year so I will probably cancel at the end of the first year.

Nov 04, 2018

Or you can switch to the Savor One card, which is the identical card minus the $95 fee and 3% on restaurants and entertainment instead of 4%. Taking 1% less means you can spend $9500 less per year to cover the annual fee. You need to spend over $9500 in dining and entertainment in order to justify the annual fee.

Nov 10, 2018

With the Savor card, you only need to spend $2,375 annually on dining and entertainment to cover your $95 annual fee. If you have a family or go out with friends often and are willing to pick up the entire bill and have your friends pay you back in cash, that number shouldn’t be too hard to hit over the course of a year.

Nov 28, 2018

Yeah but why sign up for rewards for the rewards to just pay your annual fee. That defeats the purpose. Get the two percent back from a free rewards card and actual get something from it. This card is literally for the $500 reward.

Aug 20, 2018
Solid
Tals Cardholder

I got grandfathered in on this new card, which I think is incredible. I appreciate the bump in rewards, I didn’t really feel like they added up before, but maybe the 4% cashback will make a difference. If you don’t spend a lot of money on dining, entertainment, and groceries, I’d stick with the fee free Savor, bc it does pay a bit back to you. I took full advantage of the 0% Intro APR

Sep 20, 2018

Any tips on how to get grandfathered in? I also have their quicksilver card

Oct 17, 2018

Call Capital One and ask them if you're eligible for an upgrade to the Savor card. They'll check your eligibility status and let you know.

Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card