3.6

Mar 22 2019
Approved but not instantly

I already have 3 Capital One cards; Platinum (hate), Quicksilver (first card years ago to rebuild credit.. meh) and Venture (love!).? My son is graduating high school in May of 2019 and we are going on a family trip to Walt Disney World.. NOT a cheap adventure.? When I saw that the Savor card offered a $500 bonus after spending $3k in 90 days AND 4% cash back on dining & entertainment, I knew that was the card I wanted.? After doing a LOT of research, I figured I had a 50/50 shot at approval.? I didn't have an offer or invitation.? All my other Cap1 cards have a zero balance and I used them all at different times throughout the time I had them.? Long story short, recent usage (approx $1k a month across all three current Cap1 cards), no balance and long time cardholder. I applied online and was not instantly approved.? I got the "we will need more information and you'll receive something from us in the mail in 7-10 business days."? I decided to call the application status line approx. 3 days later. The recording said my application was in process and to expect something in the mail...blah..blah.? I held on for a representative who said the same thing.. "in process" but then sent me to their fraud check line.? This person asked me several questions to verify my identity and said thank you, and.. you guessed it... I will receive something in the mail in 5-10 business days. Well, I'm literally waiting to pay for this trip based on getting approved or not on this card.. so I called again.? 5 days (not business days) after my last call.? Recording STILL said it was being reviewed.? I held for a representative to find out that I was APPROVED the same day I called to give them additional information.? Since I recently paid off all my balances on all my cards, my credit score went from the 630's to high 600's during the time my credit was checked for this card. Take aways.. this is the SECOND card.. ironically BOTH from Capital One where I wasn't approved instantly online, but later approved for pretty decent credit lines ($10k & $8k).? Don't get discouraged if you see that message when applying online.? You DO NOT need a score in the 700's to even consider this card.. AND... CK recommendations are not always correct.? Good luck!? I love Capital One so I'm thrilled!

Sep 15 2019
The Card is thick and heavy

Credit Karma told me I had a poor odds of getting this card. I applied with a credit score of 620 and 624. I was instantly approved for $2000. I already have 2 capital one cards. The Quicksilver one and platinum. I had asked for an increase on the quicksilver one and the increased me from $2500 to $4000 and on the platinum from $1200 to $1750 so I yook a chance and applied for the Savor. My goal now is to get the venture since I do a lot of travelling. Hope this will help someone

Mar 10 2020

685 and 690 score with good odds of approval. ? ? ive come to conclusion that capital one blows. ?Cant get an increases on other capital cards or even approved fir this one. Just lowered my score for nothing. Thanks!

Feb 16 2020
Could not be easier to utilize

Combined with the app, this card makes it too easy to keep track of your spending, check statements, pay balances, earn rewards, cash in rewards, they pay the bonus without issue as promised too, no annual fee, perfection!

Feb 07 2020
Got approved!

I applied to this card twice. I like to go out a lot. First time I was in the 700s. denied, don't know why I had two accounts with them in perfect standing (maybe it was lack of history) applied today with a 625 score, got approved with 2000 credit limit! Odds were fair. Worth a shot! Got the 3 month promotion too!

Feb 06 2020
Fees Rules hurt clients

They take advantage of the clients by having weird rules on how they apply fees on your balance, they will make you pay before your statement starts or they will charge you interest every day, not on your statement close date, Be aware of that, and when you call they don't hide that fact when you ask about it they tell you, it's deep in the back of your statement. The way they calculate interest is very shady, keep an eye for those terms that are expressed in the back of your statement in small letters, it makes the world of difference, unlike other cards that will charge interest with the amount remaining at the end of your statement period they will start charging interest every day, and to avoid the fees, you have to pay full balance the day of the statement not a day later and two months in a row, unlike other cards that as long as you pay your full balance before your close date, you are good to go, for simpler, user friendly, not trying to be shady and take advantage of you options, stay away from Capital One.

Feb 06 2020
Denied with 724

I was denied with a 724 trans & 721 equifax score with 100% payment history. They said my credit history not long enough as my avg at the time was a bit over 3 years. I was very disappointed and shocked as I have a quicksilver card from cap one and a bank account. Be careful if your TOTAL credit history is under 4 years, scores don't matter with cap one if you have a low credit history

Jan 21 2020
Terrible if you have a dispute

Dealing with the dispute department is a nightmare. I hate to say it, but in some ways I think there's a language barrier with explaining any dispute or situation that's a little complicated. Seems to be handled in India. I was put on hold for almost 30 minutes, and then the representative basically argued how the merchant was right. Never again.?

Jan 08 2020
Don???t always trust credit karma

I was recommended this card by credit karma with excellent approval odds. I have been working on my credit for 3 years now. I currently have a 681 score at the moment and 100% on time payment history and only 19% credit utilization. I also have two other capitol one accounts, one has a $0 balance. I wasn't approved. Very unhappy with credit karma at the moment for this recommendation. ?

Jan 06 2020
Instant Approval

I have 2 CapitalOne credit cards already. I was hesitant to apply for this card because I didn't think my credit was good enough. TU 662 and EQ 652. I received an instant approval with a CL of $2,000. My scored also increased 15 points which isn't reflected in the scores listed. Thank you CapitalOne! Can't wait to add this card to my wallet.

Dec 22 2019
I had a very good odd not approved

KC showed I had very good odd to get this Card with a 735 BC they denied, I have 2 other Credit Cards with Capital one with 0 balance on them.? Don't let your self go by this KC odd even with very good odd and good credit you won't know if you get it. good luck at your own risk.? note: I will contact capital one to understand better why I didn't get approved.?

Dec 19 2019
I was offered this card by credit karma

I was denied and my score went down 9 points for applying