Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card Reviews

• Balance Transfer Intro APR Not Applicable
  • Purchase Intro APR 0% for 12 Billing Cycles

Feb 12, 2019
Stay away, horrible customer service
shocker3 Cardholder

Bank of America kept freezing my card and their customer service was absolutely horrible to deal with.  I am in the process of paying off this card and closing the account. It is almost impossible to use. I always pay on time and my credit score is excellent, doesn't matter to Bank of America. I have been a Bank of America banking customer since 1993, but their overall customer service has really gone done hill.  I am leaving Bank of America completely and moving my banking accounts to Discover Bank, which is much better to deal with.

Aug 21, 2018
loose money in fees and late payment
buntzzz Cardholder

even if i repay the charges on the card before the last day, they will still charge me late fee even if i made the transcation on their business day. It takes more than 2 business day to reflect your payment and you end up paying heavy late mayment fee. From 2nd year they will charge you heavy anual fee. so stay away from this card.

Aug 28, 2018

So you didn't know they are fee driven bank?!

Sep 14, 2018

First off, there is no annual fee. Secondly, you shouldn’t wait until the final day of your payment due date to submit a payment.

Oct 25, 2018

I agree. This is an excellent card..5 star all the way! Learn how to use a credit card responsibly!

Feb 03, 2019

There’s no annual fee buddy. Wrong card your talking about...and learn to use a credit card responsible

Jun 08, 2018
Anonymous Cardholder

Bank of America is the only bank who doesn’t raise your credit limit even after years of perfect payment history with them. Then when you apply for an additional card, they’ll deny you even after five years of perfect credit with them. Bank of America is shady and the absolute worst bank in America. I hate this bank.

Jul 26, 2018

I have to disagree. They raised my credit limit after paying off everything every month to more than triple what it was. They even did it without asking me first. They just sent me an email saying that because I was doing so well that they went ahead and raised it for me. My limit was way to high at that point so I had to change it back.

Aug 11, 2018

I completely agree! I had the BankAmericard Rewards card with with a $10k limit and after 10 years of perfect payments they only raised it by $1000 automatically. But on the bright side they changed the policy so requesting more credit is no longer a hard pull.

Aug 11, 2018

They have raised my credit multiple times and I didn't even ask because I'm never close to the limit. I started with like 600 and 4 years later is 20k.

Aug 17, 2018

Very very true!!!

Oct 09, 2018

I started with a limit of 11 or 12 thousand a few years ago and Now its at 18000. My spending habits haven't changed just because they increased the limit.

Oct 25, 2018

I completely disagree. My credit amount has been raised consistently over the last 5 years. Love this card!

Apr 13, 2019

What qualifies an individual for $10K+? Meaning, for those of you who have a limit of $10K+, what was your Credit score and income level when you applied please? Thank you!

Apr 15, 2019

I whole heartedly agree with you BOA is garbage, the Absolute worst Bank in the USA.

Apr 25, 2018
Claims dept is very bad..
SanjayBajaj Cardholder

I have this card for 3 years now. In normal use, its ok card but if any wrong transaction happens or if you have any other claim ...forget it to be solved positively, customer is always at loss. They handle claims in worst manner with no clear reason of rejection or how they reached the decision on the claim.

Credit Score
Credit Limit
Age of Cardholder

Sample Size: 147
Data Created: February 02, 2015

Note: Sample data consists of Credit Karma members who hold this card.

Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card