4.2

Jun 23 2019
Ten Years on AMEX Blacklist & APPROVED

It's been a long journey on my way back to AMEX. In 2006 I found myself in an unfortunate situation and sued over a real estate transaction. We lost and walked away from some creditors--AMEX was one of them, to a tune of $24K. From 2006 to 2012 we were chased by creditors and had a mid-500?s credit score. Capital One decided to give me a shot at $300 limit, even though I had defaulted on them. It too a couple years to get it to to a $3K limit, then Chase gave me the Slate. Slowly I crawled out of the low 600?s to the high 6?s and got my first reward card---Chase?s Southwest. I?m a fan of The Points Guy and Read his newsletters. Fast forward to 2019, my score teeters between 750-800, I have 16 cards and over $200K in open lines of credit, and my debt ratio is around 2%---meaning I pay off my cards monthly. I have three premium cards and for the last several years kept getting declined by AMEX. Yesterday I read an article from TPG on AMEX Platinum and decided, what the heck. APPROVED!!!!! There is hope for you that are on the blacklist.?

Aug 03 2017
Worst card in my wallet.

I applied with 740+ FICO -- don't remember exactly but I know that it was 740+ because I am really proud of having been once at 484 and now being over 70. ?I don't pay attention to Vantage anymore because noone else does so I have no idea what my CK score was that day. ?The $550 fee is absurd but I paid it because I wanted a card where I could earn points toward travel and I liked the no pre-set spending limit and the pay in full at month end requirement. ?Additionally I have read so many good reviews about the card and I saw that I could earn 60000 points in the first 3 months which equals $600 so paying $550 seemed like a good idea. ?I earned my points, but along the way there have been too many issues. Yes, it looks great and people are really impressed when you take it out of your wallet... WHO CARES!! ?I have now had 3 hotel bills declined at the desk with this gorgeous card. ?And just this morning while trying to use it online I was declined an $850 purchase. ?In each event the reason I was given when I called customer service was that I had reached the credit limit on my card. ?Wait -- the card advertises "no pre-set spending limit" so how can that be? My conversation with the customer service went something like this: Apparently, there IS a spending limit, it's just not preset... HUH?? Well, Miss, you have to establish the spending limit by spending... But I'm trying to spend right now and you won't let me. ?Well a few months down the line we will adjust the spending limit if you spend on the card... HUH?? I'm still confused! ?And this has happened in 2 other circumstances. ?I actually have become afraid to use the card in person because I don't want to be embarassed in having charges declined on a card that weighs 500 pounds! In case you, like me, are still confused here is the catch with this card: ?It costs $550 per year and comes with lots of perks and "no pre-set spending limit". ?However, the card uses "algorithms" to understand how much money you spend and evaluate your credit worthiness along the way (initial credit score is clearly unimportant which is why people under 700 can also get approved for this card). ?Now I have paid my balance in full on time every month. ?Yet, the card comes with many features that are cute and status-worthy but as a functional charge card, so far for me it's not very functional. ? $850 is NOT a lot of money and my totaly AVAILABLE credit through other cards exceeds $50K. ?Why would I ever want to use a card that I paid $550 to use that won't let me spend $850?? ?It makes NO SENSE. ?

Jul 03 2020
This is a must for military members.

I love the perks and constant kickbacks. Great customer service and so many extras.

Jun 01 2020
Great Card

Easier to be approved than I thought. I had this card 3 years ago and was approved at 714 credit score. I had closed it due to an issue with their customer service team. I just applied last week with a 643 score with Experian and 2 medical collections that are not mine. I had checked Amex pre qual site first, and it said I qualified for 4 cards, I applied for the Delta Gold and was approved, then I applied for platinum and was approved. I travel a lot and both cards fit my plans perfectly. Delta one if I need to carry a balance and platinum for everything else.

May 03 2020
Authorized user for 20 years Denied getting my own

I applied for my personal card on May 1st and was denied. Reasons given were too many inquiries on experian. I just refinanced my car and home and bought another car And high loan balances. My transunion score is 799, Equifax 811, experian 787. I also paid off a 54k balance that I have carried over the years with Amex hence the reason I could afford another car. Interest alone, on that balance, was $750 a month.

May 02 2020
AMEX PLATINUM The best for International travel!!

I habve this card...I use it for travel...great 5X for airfare...I travel all over Europe and the US with this card...Services are excellent...This is a better value than the Black Card!!! KC is off on thier credit scores...mine are 150+ higher than what they have me listed at...have no idea what thier problem is...they were great four years ago....but now...

Apr 22 2020
Get this card!!!

Beyond impressed with the customer service. Applied & approved instantly online around 2pm PST on a Friday and received the card via FedEx on Monday morning from Florida!!! Concierge service is impeccable, impossible to get dinner reservations are made on your behalf in a phone call that takes less than 10 minutes. This is a personal card that I spent about $15K on in the first month of having it with absolutely no declines or issues, always approved. Paid off in full as required every month & no complaints. Centurion lounge access at the airport is beyond worth the annual fee. No doubt about it.

Mar 09 2020
Amex platinum

I had this card for years, and always paid on time. One evening I go to use the card and it was declined. When I called to ask why I was told that my card was cancelled and I would be getting a letter in the mail as to the explanation. You would think that I would have gotten a call explaining the reason why. Instead they prefer I be embarrassed while trying to use the card. Never again, Chase Sapphire for me.

Feb 16 2020
Flashy

I spend $550 a year to have this as a status symbol. I work as a waiter in fine dining and these cards appear to be a dime a dozen, but they are generally held by people who seem to have "extra" money. It is a flashy little card for a young man to carry, but that is what its all about. Lounges and Uber credits make this annual fee very worth it.

Feb 16 2020
In love with my Amex Platinum

15 years ago I had a bad run that caused my credit to drop significantly. I had to close all my credit cards and make payment plans. Fast-forward to 2017, decided to reapply to Amex Gold and got approved. This became my daily card and we consolidated all invoices and bills with it. I have 2 authorized users and it gives me clear and precise details of each purchase. Decided it's time for the Platinum upgrade and it feels more convenient than the last time. Every time that I flash my card in airport lounges or establishment it has a sense of recognition and distinction.? ? I have called couple of times for customer service and it's phenomenal.?

Feb 06 2020
Great card for travel purposes!

Awesome costumer service and great benefits.

Jan 28 2020
Well finally got my Amex.

i applied before? with a 650 credit score and got denied. Second time i tried it it said we need more time but i gave them a call and my addres had to be re enter .? Now got approved with a 753 of course . so far no complaints .