4.4

Mar 14, 2017
The Fruits of Hard Work!!

I started rebuilding my credit in 2015 and with the sage advice here on Credit Karma and a LOT of research I earned the privilege of being approved for the Platinum card. ?I didn't expect it to be the "savior" of credit cards but there is a certain sense of accomplishment felt by being able to go into a Centurion lounge at the airport! ?Call it ego call it pride but when you've come from having a 600 credit score to an Amex Platinum in under 2 years it feels great!

Aug 03, 2017
Worst card in my wallet.

I applied with 740+ FICO -- don't remember exactly but I know that it was 740+ because I am really proud of having been once at 484 and now being over 70. ?I don't pay attention to Vantage anymore because noone else does so I have no idea what my CK score was that day. ?The $550 fee is absurd but I paid it because I wanted a card where I could earn points toward travel and I liked the no pre-set spending limit and the pay in full at month end requirement. ?Additionally I have read so many good reviews about the card and I saw that I could earn 60000 points in the first 3 months which equals $600 so paying $550 seemed like a good idea. ?I earned my points, but along the way there have been too many issues. Yes, it looks great and people are really impressed when you take it out of your wallet... WHO CARES!! ?I have now had 3 hotel bills declined at the desk with this gorgeous card. ?And just this morning while trying to use it online I was declined an $850 purchase. ?In each event the reason I was given when I called customer service was that I had reached the credit limit on my card. ?Wait -- the card advertises "no pre-set spending limit" so how can that be? My conversation with the customer service went something like this: Apparently, there IS a spending limit, it's just not preset... HUH?? Well, Miss, you have to establish the spending limit by spending... But I'm trying to spend right now and you won't let me. ?Well a few months down the line we will adjust the spending limit if you spend on the card... HUH?? I'm still confused! ?And this has happened in 2 other circumstances. ?I actually have become afraid to use the card in person because I don't want to be embarassed in having charges declined on a card that weighs 500 pounds! In case you, like me, are still confused here is the catch with this card: ?It costs $550 per year and comes with lots of perks and "no pre-set spending limit". ?However, the card uses "algorithms" to understand how much money you spend and evaluate your credit worthiness along the way (initial credit score is clearly unimportant which is why people under 700 can also get approved for this card). ?Now I have paid my balance in full on time every month. ?Yet, the card comes with many features that are cute and status-worthy but as a functional charge card, so far for me it's not very functional. ? $850 is NOT a lot of money and my totaly AVAILABLE credit through other cards exceeds $50K. ?Why would I ever want to use a card that I paid $550 to use that won't let me spend $850?? ?It makes NO SENSE. ?

Sep 23, 2022
Looks beautiful in my wallet

First, I want to say when it comes to credit if you dont know, its bigger than the score alone, I applied for the gold in 2017 got it with a 660ish, I have a mixture of accounts and I've held a number of different type of CCs. So many factors besides a "perfect score" I kept seeing the approval odds as outstanding but I ignored it because I love the Chase saffire reserve card, access to airport lounges etc... but there's a different type of elite status feeling when you have an AMEX Platinum in your wallet, I have a 766 credit score and was approved. I honestly only got it for status and the centurion louge. I will never use it for day to day purchases it does have a payovertime feature but i rather use my chase card. the only yearly fee waive option is military i belive, but no the less, i dont mind the fee to have the card, people say since its a charge a card and you have to pay in full etc.. it doesnt help your credit, unless your going for score alone 850, if you can get this card without an 850, your credit it still good.

Sep 08, 2022
Nice card, horrible annual fee

Very expensive item to have in your wallet, designed for a small segment of folks.

Aug 30, 2022
Difficult card to use

This card is not very straight forward. Spending limit is not clear. Additionally, there is a pay over time feature, but it's not clear how to use it and there is a limit on this. This is not a credit card, which means your credit line is not affected. Which means it does not help you build your credit. For such high fee $700, what is the point of having this, might as well just use a debit card for free

Aug 30, 2022
Put in Work

I first started my credit journey in 2015. It all started with a secured card from my bank. Eventually after paying my credit cards on time I applied for an Apple Card. Rode that for a few years and then eventually went to see if I pre-qualified for AMEX. I prequalified for the gold card. Typically with a prequal its about and 80% approval. I ran with it. A month later I decided to see if I could get the platinum, low and behold I was approved. Now that I have had the platinum card for over a year. I have reaped the benefits. First and foremost it was quite easy to spend 6k in six months. I think I did it in 3 months. Thats when I received the 100k bonus points. I use this card for travel, the perks are amazing. room upgrade on arrival, incidentals covered on the plane, five times points back on anything travel related. The concierge service is impeccable. Yes the fee is steep, but thats the price to pay for luxury. My mindset is if I cannot afford the fee or complain about it, maybe I shouldn't own a Platinum Card

Aug 23, 2022
Awesome card!

This is my favorite credit card tied with my Chase Sapphire Reserve. I applied thru Resy and get 10x points at restaurants for the first 6 months and the sign up bonus was 125k points for $6k in charges. I’ve also been working hard to rebuild my credit, just 2 years ago all I could get was a Capital One secured Platinum card, now I have the AmEx Platinum. Call it foolish pride but I worked hard for this. We recently used this card during a vacation and accessing the Centurion Lounge as well as the Delta SkyClub for free was awesome. My fiancé is so spoiled now traveling The concierge service is great too, they were able to help us get a restaurant in Orlando that online said no available tables

Jun 26, 2022
How can I waived my annual fee

Can anyone help me how can I get back annually fee back or against on certain points it can be reverse second year ?

Jun 20, 2022
Amazing Card!

I honestly don't know what the fuss is about the $695 fee?? Its literally on every advertisement in Black/White lol. TO make it worthwhile you need to use all the benefits the card has to offer period. I have the Business Plat from Amex. And its comes with a ton of awesome features!! Getting this card means knowing what to expect. If $695 for $2500 worth of benefits in the first year sounds false lol. You haven't been doing your homework and are prepped to own this card. Watch some videos on YouTube and Ask Sebby! Learn to get the most from AMEX. GL!

May 26, 2022
Love my card

Had this card since 2022 starting with the Green, then the Gold, now the Platinum. Card Member since 1989

Apr 24, 2022
Mazamakasexpress

Dontwasteurtimedudeandmoney

Apr 21, 2022
$700 dollar starter fee??? Not for me!

No way I’m gonna pay that fee to “use” their product then turn around and pay them interest. Nope nope nope.