4.4

Apr 02, 2022
Do Not Trust Credit Karma

Credit Karma indicates that I have a fair chance of getting the American Express Platinum Card. When I went on the AMEX Website and went through there PRE-APPROVAL Process AMEX indicated that they could not issue me a AMEX Card at this time. Good thing I have learned from my past mistakes, I was fortunate to have went to the AMEX Website and went through the pre approval process, and spared my self from a Hard Credit Inquiry. Many Credit Card Issuer's have a Pre approval process like AMEX, DISCOVER, CAPITAL ONE and many others.

Feb 23, 2021
Not worth the annual fee.

I had three different Am Ex cards and had the Platinum card for nearly 20 years. When the annual fees continued to rise with no real personal value to me, I closed the card out. I still have two Am Ex cards, but intend to close one of those out in favor of a card that serves me much better and includes better service.

Application process
Customer service

Jan 27, 2023
It’s the perks for me

With the easy pre approval tool provided on the AMEX website you don’t have to cross your fingers hoping you get approved. I applied with a 680 credit score and was approved for the card the has no set limit.This is a good card if you love to travel and the airport lounge access is a game changer. The annual fee may scare some people away but if you use all of your benefits it basically pays for your annual fee.

Jan 26, 2023
Platinum in business for 33 years; once the only c

Nice started going into the eastern bloc I said open up yes true that I liked platinum got you but you watch it when the when the court could I think New York platinum foster sorry helpful and restaurants and everywhere else but now it's time is gone by they having sister-in-law 4% edited two wondering ahead present position MasterCard many restaurants I go to put the long it take an American Express platinum some hotels on a take a platinum call dealership so my take a platinum any retail stores, take a platinum and it's basically now the car not to hack. It also inviting her problems and in the old days when you called in for assistance she got a session now you get a six hour headache speak with nine people I do with this post to do it is perhaps the worst can't I personally have my expect that I will let it roll off of year. Allison example some in the song add American Express who is it rather than come down I have a point to 3.5 remove be better just to lose all of the patients from Costco well if I were in the shower and say tell you want I'll take 2% everything you have rather than zero I think it's washed and to my surprise when I presented my AMEX card… Yes again… we don't take that… Denied.

Jan 14, 2023
Excellent chances on CK…

I have the gold American Express and was rated of having and excellent chance of securing the platinum with CK. Welp; they still denied me! Took a hard inquiry hit for trusting CK. I’m so angry!

Jan 01, 2023
Card is excellent if the program fits you

You don’t get this card for points. Your paying $700 annually for premium travel perks. Global Entry, CLEAR, lounge access. If you travel enough to own this card the benefits more than cover the expense

Dec 07, 2022
Great card

I've had this card for a few months and love it. I understand that it may seem like a steep annual fee but the card pays itself off eventually. I love to travel and travel often, receiving credits on things like global entry, clear, uber, hotel stays, entertainment bundle and bag checks - just theses things alone add upto your annual fee. So in retrospect it's free. Then you have the perks of the lounge, I mean the convenience of rest and relaxation, the upgrades of hotels and car rental is priceless!!!

Nov 27, 2022
a very premium price for not so premium perks

Do not get the credit card unless the perks it offers actually are going to be beneficial to you. I don't even use walmart+. The airline credit is only eligible for one airline that you have to choose, it is very inconvenient. The Centurian lounge access is ending in January 2023. The concierge service cannot do anything more than we can do. They just do google searches and make calls, unless you need them for selects events that they have access to. The 1% back is nothing compared to what other cards offer. The only perk I like is the $20 entertainment credit. To me, this card is not worth the annual fee.

Nov 18, 2022
Love This Card!

The card is great and it has many benefits and I use my share. For travel it’s incredible. Love the perks and I enjoy the prestige of having the card. An example would be you pay for you. If you like luxury, the finer hotels , airport perks, discounts etc this is the card. It’s like buying car , you can by a cheap vehicle and expect the quality and luxury of a high end car. American Express Plantium card is # 1 in my opinion.

Sep 23, 2022
Looks beautiful in my wallet

First, I want to say when it comes to credit if you dont know, its bigger than the score alone, I applied for the gold in 2017 got it with a 660ish, I have a mixture of accounts and I've held a number of different type of CCs. So many factors besides a "perfect score" I kept seeing the approval odds as outstanding but I ignored it because I love the Chase saffire reserve card, access to airport lounges etc... but there's a different type of elite status feeling when you have an AMEX Platinum in your wallet, I have a 766 credit score and was approved. I honestly only got it for status and the centurion louge. I will never use it for day to day purchases it does have a payovertime feature but i rather use my chase card. the only yearly fee waive option is military i belive, but no the less, i dont mind the fee to have the card, people say since its a charge a card and you have to pay in full etc.. it doesnt help your credit, unless your going for score alone 850, if you can get this card without an 850, your credit it still good.

Sep 08, 2022
Nice card, horrible annual fee

Very expensive item to have in your wallet, designed for a small segment of folks.

Aug 30, 2022
Difficult card to use

This card is not very straight forward. Spending limit is not clear. Additionally, there is a pay over time feature, but it's not clear how to use it and there is a limit on this. This is not a credit card, which means your credit line is not affected. Which means it does not help you build your credit. For such high fee $700, what is the point of having this, might as well just use a debit card for free