4.4

Great if you travel.

Considering I travel to vegas once a month for work I like to stay at nicer hotels. Once I found out that I get 5x back on booking direct through Amex and they have a collection of hotel brands I already use it was a no brainer. I get early and late check out, room upgrade and property credits and status I was sold. I think I probably could get the same status with the gold card, but will see how the year plays out. So far I like it, and I already hit my minimum spend in the first month. What I like is I can transfer my Amex Plat points to my Hilton Honors and the rewards virtually double. So Staying at Waldorf Astoria is basically free now. I will say though they will need to modify the benefits for air travel, not a lot of people are doing that. Maybe give a better upgrade option, or maybe a little more aggressive points for gas expenditures.

Mar 09 2020
Amex platinum

I had this card for years, and always paid on time. One evening I go to use the card and it was declined. When I called to ask why I was told that my card was cancelled and I would be getting a letter in the mail as to the explanation. You would think that I would have gotten a call explaining the reason why. Instead they prefer I be embarrassed while trying to use the card. Never again, Chase Sapphire for me.

Feb 23 2021
Not worth the annual fee.

I had three different Am Ex cards and had the Platinum card for nearly 20 years. When the annual fees continued to rise with no real personal value to me, I closed the card out. I still have two Am Ex cards, but intend to close one of those out in favor of a card that serves me much better and includes better service.

Jan 31 2021
The Platinum standard

Customer service is out of this world. Navy Federal is the only one that comes close. The rest are miles behind, and I'm talking about the better cards, not the likes of Citi or US Bank. The annual fee is steep, but all the perks pretty much pay for it.

Great if you travel.

Best card I own

It’s not ideal for cash back rewards but it is so nice for lifestyle perks. The streaming services, Uber eats, shopping savings, promos with amazon, etc have already paid for the annual fee, and that is not even getting into the normal perks when we can travel. Service is always outstanding and I can count on this never being declined at a merchant (whereas visa or chase would go bonkers). Amex forever!

Oct 14 2020
Exceptional customer service from Platinum America

I’ve had the American Express in my billfold since the 10th grade I was an authorized user at that particular point and now I am Platinum I received my platinum American Express with a 700 credit score and as of today I’m at 800 there are some people who like to say that they have preset spending limits yes there is a preset spending limit on the platinum American Express it depends on how much money you spend a month with it you spent 5000 or 7000 or 10,000 is what you were able to spend on that particular card and it also depends upon your annual salaryI like the idea when I pull my car out I get total respect from anybody who sees the card because they know those particular persons who are able to carry that Card carries a certain weight and prestige at 58 years old I enjoy being an American Express card holder I’ve been American Express card holder for 37 years now and my children are the same . Platinum. American Express is I gave them those when they graduated from high school

Sep 29 2020
AMEX Not Accepted in SE Asia

Whats the point of a travel card when you cant even use it while you travel? Well, good luck! Some places in SE Asia wont touch AMEX. Even in Europe some places wont accept it. NO THANKS

Sep 03 2020
Its the card of choice for me.

Great for airports lounge and to use any where in the word when I am out having fun.

Aug 30 2020
Service has always been above all others

Would be a five star review, but recently had a contested charge (which was clearly a vendor not ever delivering services) that I had to jump through 3-4 rounds of hoops to get waived. Did not feel they had my best interests at heart as they typically always have.

Aug 20 2020

Aug 07 2020
Really worth it if you use it.

I have it for my business for few years now. In the beginning I had some difficulties understanding how the non preset limits works but after three months I was thinking of purchasing a van for work and I had no problems with it. The more you use this card the better it is. Perks and other offers are great for travelers and shopping. Costumer service is excellent.