4.4

Mar 14, 2017
The Fruits of Hard Work!!

I started rebuilding my credit in 2015 and with the sage advice here on Credit Karma and a LOT of research I earned the privilege of being approved for the Platinum card. ?I didn't expect it to be the "savior" of credit cards but there is a certain sense of accomplishment felt by being able to go into a Centurion lounge at the airport! ?Call it ego call it pride but when you've come from having a 600 credit score to an Amex Platinum in under 2 years it feels great!

Aug 03, 2017
Worst card in my wallet.

I applied with 740+ FICO -- don't remember exactly but I know that it was 740+ because I am really proud of having been once at 484 and now being over 70. ?I don't pay attention to Vantage anymore because noone else does so I have no idea what my CK score was that day. ?The $550 fee is absurd but I paid it because I wanted a card where I could earn points toward travel and I liked the no pre-set spending limit and the pay in full at month end requirement. ?Additionally I have read so many good reviews about the card and I saw that I could earn 60000 points in the first 3 months which equals $600 so paying $550 seemed like a good idea. ?I earned my points, but along the way there have been too many issues. Yes, it looks great and people are really impressed when you take it out of your wallet... WHO CARES!! ?I have now had 3 hotel bills declined at the desk with this gorgeous card. ?And just this morning while trying to use it online I was declined an $850 purchase. ?In each event the reason I was given when I called customer service was that I had reached the credit limit on my card. ?Wait -- the card advertises "no pre-set spending limit" so how can that be? My conversation with the customer service went something like this: Apparently, there IS a spending limit, it's just not preset... HUH?? Well, Miss, you have to establish the spending limit by spending... But I'm trying to spend right now and you won't let me. ?Well a few months down the line we will adjust the spending limit if you spend on the card... HUH?? I'm still confused! ?And this has happened in 2 other circumstances. ?I actually have become afraid to use the card in person because I don't want to be embarassed in having charges declined on a card that weighs 500 pounds! In case you, like me, are still confused here is the catch with this card: ?It costs $550 per year and comes with lots of perks and "no pre-set spending limit". ?However, the card uses "algorithms" to understand how much money you spend and evaluate your credit worthiness along the way (initial credit score is clearly unimportant which is why people under 700 can also get approved for this card). ?Now I have paid my balance in full on time every month. ?Yet, the card comes with many features that are cute and status-worthy but as a functional charge card, so far for me it's not very functional. ? $850 is NOT a lot of money and my totaly AVAILABLE credit through other cards exceeds $50K. ?Why would I ever want to use a card that I paid $550 to use that won't let me spend $850?? ?It makes NO SENSE. ?

Sep 15, 2021
Awesome card, Surprise that I was approved!

I got approved with a 727 Fico score. I established my credit in December 2018, I’ve never missed a payment, I have 3 other credit cards (secured capital one, discover it and the Apple Card). I became an authorized user on my partners Amex Gold card 2 months prior, when I checked my credit karma card suggestions I saw that I had excellent approval odds for this card, so I went ahead and applied and to my surprise I was approved. The benefits of this card basically takes care of the annual fee so it’s not a huge deal. My annual salary is only $38,000. I have no negative remarks on my credit history. So if there any fairly newbies to credit with a similar credit history to mine who would like to apply, I suggest u give it a try, the application process was super easy.

Sep 11, 2021
Great For Ecom and Big Spenders.

I got this card for my ecom business and got approved over the phone with no proof of income etc. I told the rep what I make and uses this as a sole prop business. They started me with a $8500 spend even though it's a Charge Card with no preset limit. I used this card only for 2 months with 85% of my purchases. 50 days later my spending limit went from $8.5k to $50k! My goal is to get it to $100k and eventually to the Black Card invitation. Customer Service makes you feel special. $1600 in rewards point will pay for 2 years of the annual fee alone once you spend the amount needed to achieve said points.

Aug 24, 2021
So far so good!

I finally got my hands on this card. Unfortunately, the annual fee is a bit too high for my liking, but after looking at all the benefits--the fee really drops down to $150. Of course, this is based on how valuable the benefits are to you. I'm planning a few trips this fall and a couple of next year's. I can't wait to use the lounges and to use the hotel/airline credits. The TSA pre and Clear credits will also come in handy--I hope.

Aug 18, 2021
Best thing in my wallet

I carry AMEX Platinum for my personal and business. By far the best credit card for me personally and for my business. Never have to worry about large purchases or the inconvenience of having a preset limit. This card also travels well internationally and offers some nice perks for traveling. I also take advantage of setting up the rewards to take advantage of some of my most common business account purchases. Wouldn't carry any other card!

Aug 13, 2021
Better than Barclay's

Applied for and got approved with 752 Experian, 790 Equifax, 770 Transunion. Got spending limit of $11K (established usage history with Delta Platinum that I use as a daily card and pay off every two days). Already used concierge service to book a restaurant (hard to do with the 'vid restrictions). Exempt from annual fee due to military service, but still had to pay for extra card. Points are racking up quite nicely, should get the 100k bonus soon.

Jul 18, 2021
Rising fees

Now the the fee has risen to $695. I will just have to cancel.

Jul 15, 2021
Outrageous Annual Fee

$695 Annual Fee is ridiculous

Jul 14, 2021
Read the benefit details

For me this card is a no brainer as it paid for itself the 1st day before getting the reward mileage. I live in NY so a couple of these perks are easy for me to get here to offset the fee. 1) Equinox (you need the right kind of membership that will likely only benefit you in NY or parts of CA) - For me this is a $300 value. 2) Uber - I will use my credits each and every month - That's a $200 value. 3) Airline credit for incidentals - $200 (I will easily use this). So now that the fee is paid for I get great rewards, a sign on bonus, and many other benefits. Again, if I lived somewhere else I might have to think about it more but for someone in NY that travels and is an Equinox Destination member this is really great.

Jul 06, 2021
A TRAVELER'S BEST FRIEND

Aside from the 5X points I get for travel bookings, cancelling and changing reservations is a breeze. Changes are mostly free and done easily online. I dropped Expedia since I got the AMEX Platinum. Card fee is steep but awards pay for it several times over.

Jul 03, 2021
Equinox benefit - 0 ?

BENEFIT ELIGIBILITY This benefit is available to Platinum Card® members who pay monthly for Equinox All Access, Destination, E by Equinox or Equinox+ membership only. Your current Equinox membership does not qualify for this benefit. You can upgrade your Equinox membership by contacting the Concierge. Basically if you need to have All access plan even if you go to one location. Useless. 195$/yr Amex annual fee extra for it? Really..