Credit Card Reviews

American Express® Preferred Rewards Green Card

Credit Score
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders that a credit score that currently falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit score across all holders of this card, every month, for the past year.
Credit Limit
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose credit limit on this card currently falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current balance on this card falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current credit limit utilization for this card falls within the given utilization ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
60+ Days Past Due Status
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that were 60+ days past due for the given month for the past year.
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that are currently 60+ days past due and whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
  • info This chart displays the average amount that is 60+ days past due for holders whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
Age of Cardholder
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
Sample Size: 1,560
Data Created: October 01, 2013

24 Cardholder Reviews

Results 1-10 of 24Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 3   Previous | Next

applied for green after opening amex blue everyday....i don't use this often as it's only for personal travel expenses and school related items (i am grad student). as with all of the amex cards the only thing i really dislike is the lag in posting of rewards .... usually it's about 6 weeks. my ck (TU) score at time of approval was 683.

brooks718's review was:

Sep 12, 2011 Reply

brooks718(10, 24)

Review by brooks718

Top Contributor

They sent me an invite through the mail, I did not expect to get approved with a CK score of 630, however I was!! I don't yet know the limit yet (hence 4 stars, hate it when they dont tell you that upfront).

AlphaBrock66's review was:

Jul 13, 2012 Reply

AlphaBrock66(1, 9)

Review by AlphaBrock66

American Express is a charge card not a credit card. Therefore there is no credit limit. Your have to pay your balance in full each month to remain in good standing That's the difference between a credit card and a charge card

easymoney76's reply was:

Nov 12, 2012

easymoney76(2, 18)

Review by easymoney76

Excellent end of year spending report.  Superb customer service.  Active monitoring ... they caught the theft of my card number and its use for internet purchases before I even saw a statement.  I had no clue the waiter had lifted the number.  No limit.  No late fees.  I love this card.

MarjieP's review was:

Jul 21, 2012 Reply

MarjieP(1, 14)

Review by MarjieP

BEST CHARGE CARD EVER! Helpful to 8 out of 8 people

LOVE the rewards and LOVE the perks of this card!  I recommend it to everyone!

ivanedgardo's review was:

Oct 20, 2012 Reply

ivanedgardo(3, 17)

Review by ivanedgardo

Another pre-screened offer in the mail Helpful to 6 out of 6 people

Anyone else notice the full court press of some financial firms sendng out invitations to apply for their cards? Chase has sent me 3 in the last month, 2 for the Chase Freedom card and 1 for Slate. I also received a "pre-screened" offer from American Express to apply for the Green Card. Not sure why, but I've been turned down by American Express for the Green Card in the past and my scores are low 700's (FICO) and I have a perfect payment history, no derogatory public records, zero inquiries and typically keep my utilization between 15 to 40%, depending on when the CC company reports and when I pull my FICO.

Anyone else have success with their applying for the Green Card from a pre-screened offer? I'd hate to waste an inquiry if the invitation to apply is merely the result of AMEX purchasing a list of names from a catalogue company.

Streetglide59's review was:

Mar 15, 2013 Reply

Streetglide59(8, 48)

Review by Streetglide59

I got same offer and was surprise that I was approved. I have 628 score (FICO) with no derogatory and 16 inquriy (shopping for private student loan).

echemichael's reply was:

hermanford's review was:

Aug 09, 2012 Reply

hermanford(1, 6)

Review by hermanford

try gold or platinum...even more benefits.

ktjojo74's reply was:

Sep 27, 2012

ktjojo74(66, 128)

Review by ktjojo74

Top Contributor

Perfect card! Excellent customer service and great rewards!

tubularmaster's review was:

Apr 21, 2012 Reply

tubularmaster(1, 6)

Review by tubularmaster

FINALLY got my foot in the door Helpful to 5 out of 5 people

I was finally able to get my foot in the door with AMEX. I have been rebuilding my credit for 7-8 years after messing it up as a 18 year old.  Looking forward to using this card as my main card. CK at time of approval was 656.

Jetully15's review was:

Dec 17, 2013 Reply

Jetully15(7, 33)

Review by Jetully15

amex gold Helpful to 5 out of 5 people

love the card ,very happy with the rewards program, i also have a amex spg, my credit scores were in the mid six hundreds with 20 years on bureau .

Apr 03, 2013 Reply
I loved this card. Helpful to 5 out of 5 people

I loved this card when I had it.  I originally applied in college during a college pre-approved event.  This card is all about putting the cardholder first.  I can state from experience, if you question a purchase on this card, AMEX will require the company to produce proof of purchase. VISA/MC both require the cardholder to jump through hoops to have suspect charges removed.  The only thing I did not like was the annual fee, which is the reason my wife convinced me to not renew the card.  Really wish I hadn't cancelled it.

DavidRiggs71's review was:

Mar 18, 2013 Reply

DavidRiggs71(2, 6)

Review by DavidRiggs71

Results 1-10 of 24Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 3   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of American Express® Preferred Rewards Green Card

Cardholder Rating Distribution (24)

Top Similar Cards

American Express is the world's largest card issuer by purchase volume, catering to high-spending cardmembers around the world. American Express offers personal, small business, corporate, prepaid, and charge cards. American Express stands out in the credit card industry for its cardmember services, such as concierge service and loyalty programs, and its charge cards with no pre-set spending limit, such as the Centurion, or "Black card”, known for its exclusivity and elite features.

Headquartered in New York City, American Express is a global financial services company that provides financial products, processes transactions, and facilitates payment services to consumers and merchants. With its iconic Roman gladiator logo, American Express operates in over 130 countries around the world.

American Express® Preferred Rewards Green Card