3.8
1986 Reviews

Jun 08 2017
Things To Consider Before Applying

This is an update from my prior review back in March 2017. I hope this review would help those that are considering applying for the Amex BCE. Now while this is one of the hardest cards to get an approval, note that, once you get approved for it, it is packed with great rewards and bonuses that will save you more money in the long term. When I orignally gotten an approval for the card, my CK credit scores were at 662, but my FICO score at the tme of application was at 742. So for those thinking about applying, please remember to check the following first so you do not waste a hard inquiry. - Length of credit history 6 mos and longer ( if any of you have a high credit score from CK but if the length of your credit history is less than 6 mos old. you would need to wait and age your account until your reach 6 mos. and more) - AMEX likes thin files with no missed payments (during the time of application) - No Baddies or deregatories on your file - Is your FICO score specifically with Experian at least within 690's and over, since AMEX tends to pull the reports from them "MAJORITY" of the time. I say 690 is the absolute guarantee of an approval with the best sign up bonuses and interests. Anything less than that, then you are looking at a lower SL and no sign up bonuses. I hope this breakdown would help some of you, I am sharing this because I have went through it, applied, got denied, without realizing that I needed to age my accounts for 6 mos. and longer to have an actual FICO score, but I did not wait and I wasted an inquiry. I suggest using your approval odds as your motivation, but check for those factors before you apply to ensure success in getting an approval. My current FICO score from Experian is 721 and I am gardening to get that back up again to where I used to be or higher. But overall, my experience with American Express has been amazing. Their sign up bonuse of getting $100 back if you spend $1000 in the first quarter of your membership saved me a $100 on a new TV that I bought. I also get %10 cashback when I use it for dining at restaurants, and more cashback bonuses when being used wisely. I am very happy and content with the AMEX BCE and back in April they reconsidered by original application for the AMEX Green card and approved me for it as well. So if you applied and did not get an instant approval. Call the reconsideration line and you might get suprised. I hope this thread helps.

Mar 29 2018
RATE HIKE FOR NO REASON

I own the card, and am an AMEX member for over 10 years. They took my rate from 14% to 18%, event hough I am using less than 1/3 of the card, and have NEVER been late. Called twice, wrote once. They offered to cancel my card, but would not budge. Said they were "Competetive witht he market."

Jul 08 2018
The limit was so low it wasn???t worth hav

For balance transfer it worthless

Jul 07 2018
Awesome

I use it for shopping online great rewards!!

Jul 05 2018
IS THE BEST

My credit is only 1 year old. When I applied my score was 670 and they aoproved me for $2000....Excellent!!!!!!

Jun 26 2018
Not worth the stress!

AE cut my available credit in half causing utilization to shoot up to 90%, when I called they said it was only temprorary. 6 months later, never one late payment (entire account history) and only making one small purchase on the card. They reduce it again by $900. Basically they are chasing the balance.

Jun 14 2018
Great card

Can really rack up rewards with groceries and gas, then cash in at end of the year if you want.

May 29 2018
Great to have on hand for AMEX benefits.

Instantly approved for $5,000 CL with Experian FICO 673. This is my first AMEX. I have no active collections and oldest account is a Capital One card with a $600 limit issued in Dec. 2012. Second card is a Capital One QuickSilver with a $1,250 limit, also have an auto loan dated 2013 with a $700 balance. Three 30 day late pays, all roughly 30 months old.

May 21 2018
I OWN IT!

I Bought An Item In Ebay A Couple Of Weeks Ago! And A Short Time After I Clicked On Buy It Now! American Express Sent Me An Alert! While The Alert Was Still Pinding The Seller In Ebay Sent Me An Email, In Ebay, And Informed Me, That He Canceled My Bid Of Purchase! I Do Not Know, The Reason For This Alert! But I Give American Express Five Stars ??????????????? But What I Think Is Really Strange! Is American Express Put Up An Alert Of This Purchase, Then A Short Time After That The Seller In Ebay Canceled My Bid! If It Had Not Had Been For American Express, Looking Out For There Card Holders, Maybe My Account Could Have Been Wiped Out! But After The Seller Canceled My Bid For The Purchase, I Have Not Received Anymore Alerts.

May 20 2018
Long Awaited Opportunity

I can honestly say I've arrived. My credit journey over the past six years has been awesome. I've learned so much and it's a great feeling to know that I've grown mentally, financially, and in knowledge of how to manage and grow my credit. My credit score in 2012 was 549. Today, I'm at 762 and moving on up. With that being said, I received an invite to apply for a Blue Cash Everyday Card and an Everyday card. I waited like I usually do for two to three more invites for the same card over some weeks (that's how you know they are interested in you--kind of like love letters :-P). Sure enough, I received three invites for each card over some weeks. I decided to apply today for both cards and was approved 20K for both the Blue Cash Everyday and Everyday cards. The application process was quick. You enter your invitiation information, your personal information, and then select if you want a text to download the app. Then, once you click submit, you think you will be taken to the approval page but it asks you to agree to the T&C (LOL). You click submit again and then it's about a 30-45 second wait for a decision upon which, if you are approved, you are shown your credit limit, given the option to add authorized users, are asked to opt in to any balance transfer, and then are asked if you want your card number to start making purchases or wait three days for your card. Simple process. I consider this a great accomplishment for someone who was never taught about credit, resourceful enough to dive into the world of credit to educate themselves, and at one point only able to apply for secured cards. These cards have amazing offers and AMEX has a great reputation. I look forward to reaping the benefits, continually managing my credit, and going back to gardening!

May 20 2018
Long Awaited Opportunity

May 15 2018
So far, so good... high CL!

CK scores 684 and 687, I was approved instantly for this card with a $10,200 limit. That is right about what I wanted, so I'm very pleased. I'll add any updates I have to this review periodically.

11-20 of 1986