Banking Reviews Advertiser Disclosure

Zions Bank

Aug 24, 2016
fees, fees & more fees
foreversnow Account Holder

i have had a zions checking and saving account for the past 20 years. my husband has several accounts with zions as well. when i opened the accounts i was told that i would have access to my history of statements in case of a tax audit. i requested past statements as i could only access the past 15 months online and was told their charges for MY OWN RECORDS were $5 per statement, $3 per check image and $20 per hour for their 'research time'. WHAT?!?!

zions is  already making a profit on the money i have in  my accounts and they want more? zions.com has a link  where you can 'email the president of zions' and he will 'personally review these messages' i sent an email to the president and one to customer service at zions regarding what i thought of the fees. guess what- the same person answered my emails (not the president of zions). i was told that their fee schedule was competive with other banks. i did the research and found this not to be true.  hey zions- a little honesty and integrity with customers goes a long way. i see a lot of other negative reviews on people being nickeled and dimed with fees by zions. i'll be closing my accounts and taking my money elsewhere.

Zions bank motto is 'we haven't forgotten who keeps us in business'. i beg to differ on that.

Dec 14, 2015

WORST BANK EVER! I deposited 1200$ of cash, they gave me a receipt saying it was available, I left. A week later the mortgage company check bounced. I check the account...the money was never deposited. I call DURING business hours on a Friday and am told they are too busy and no one is available to help and I have to wait until Monday. I acquired a late fee and a check bounce fee from zions bank, both of which they refused to reverse although it was their mistake. Way to go "zions" bank. You're a bunch of theives and your customer service also sucks. So far my husband, myself, my dad, mom, brother, sister, brother in law, two neighbors and one friend are shutting down our accounts as soon as the bank opens today. And I'll continue to spread the word.

How would you rate this bank overall?

What should others know about this bank?