Banking Reviews

Woodforest National Bank

3.95 23 Reviews Write a Review

Results 1-10 of 23Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 3   Previous | Next
Horrible Helpful to 11 out of 12 people

My ex husband stole a check book and forged my signature on some of the checks and did not even bother to sign the others.  This was at the Center Tx location.  I pressed charges and he finally went to jail for it.  He is currently on felony probation for this also.  When I went to speak to the bank manager because they continously have this on my credit report causing me an issue on getting a bank account his response was, "Mickey Mouse could have signed the check and it would have gone through".  This has been about five years ago and still no resolution for me.

MrsKelly1's review was:

Jul 26, 2013 Reply

MrsKelly1(1, 11)

Review by MrsKelly1

woodforest sucks dont go to them

cpetrey76's reply was:

Aug 06, 2013

cpetrey76(1, 4)

Review by cpetrey76

Horrible Helpful to 5 out of 5 people

For starters it took over an hour to open my bank account with Woodforest. Then when I get my Debit card in the mail it had the wrong name on it. Had to go get my name fixed on my account cause they had my name swaped around. My first name was my middle name and my middle was my first nam. Then I go to activate my card and my savings and checking account are swapped. I bought some stuff with my card and it took the money from my savings not my checking causing me to almost overdraft. I cant even use my card to pay for a online videogame I play. This bank has been the worse bank I have had in my life.

Dec 11, 2013 Reply

I did not think that this bank was very honest. They would change the order in which i purchased and deposited money, just to make my account overdraft so i would have to pay the fee. Just for example, if i had 0 dollars in my account, and i deposited 50 today, and later today i bought a soda for 0.50 cents, they would pend my deposit until after the soda hit, overdrafting my account 32 dollars, and if i didnt catch that, i could have kept making more charges thinking that the money was certainly in my account. That is how i ended up paying 33 dollars for a soda, i called them to inform them of this terrible business they were doing, and they have refunded me several times for their dishonesty, but have also kept hundreds of dollars of my money related to their 'policies' of pendind your transaction. needless to say, i am no longer banking with them.

aleedez's review was:

Oct 08, 2011 Reply

aleedez(1, 4)

Review by aleedez

Only positive experiences for me! Helpful to 13 out of 16 people

I have been a customer of Woodforest Bank for over 4 years now. I previously banked with Chase, and had a negative experience with their customer service, and decided maybe it was time for a change. I wasn't sure which bank I wanted to change to, and decided to give them a shot. I liked that they had extended and weekend hours. I have found the manager and employees at the Greenwood, Indiana branch to always be very courteous and helpful. They have gone out of their way to assist me, and even helped when I was charged a fee due to no fault of mine, or theirs. I had cancelled a membership, and then the following month I was charged that membership fee. I went to the merchant, who researched it, admitted fault, and credited back the charge immediately. However, after leaving, I realized that becaue of their error, I had incurred an overdraft fee. I went to my branch to see if I could get some documentation of the fee, and how without this mistaken charge, I would not have incurred it, and the manager said that in his experience, the merchant was usually less than willing to refund me a fee, even though it was their error, but he would refund it at the bank. I was both surprised and appreciative, since it wasn't a bank error either. This is just one way they have differed from any other bank I have been to (and I worked as an employee at 2 other banks years ago)

I am also a fan of thier mobile app, which now even allows for mobile deposits. The two Woodforest locations nearest to me are inside Walmart, which is a store I generally try to avoid. I have direct deposit through my workplace, but once a month will get an additional reimbursement which is issued via check. I can now avoid the trip to Walmart and do this deposit with my phone, and have never had any issues.

Sep 05, 2013 Reply

I have been a member of Woodforest National Bank for a number of years now and have had nothing but great experience with them. Once I had gone to the ATM right after my direct deposit went through and it showed that I had insufficient funds. I checked my balance and was several hundred dollars in the hole even after my deposit went through. After they opened for the day I talked with the manager and she told me what the issue was and after I told her that it wasn't my doings, she started checking it out. It tool several weeks to get it cleared but she gave me access to my deposit withou any overdraft fees at all.Best bank I had ever done business with and I had done business with banks in NC and VA. Woodforest will always be number one in my book.

rac7150's reply was:

Oct 04, 2013

rac7150(1, 2)

Review by rac7150

Wood forest is terrible!!!!!! Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

They routinely hold deposits and cause overdrafts then look at you like you are a crook. Seriously who holds a check for 12 days and never tells you it was placed on hold then approves every transaction knowing you have no money.  32 overdrafts in 2 weeks.  Thanks for nothing.

Fourtoads's review was:

Apr 13, 2014 Reply

Fourtoads(1, 2)

Review by Fourtoads

This bank has been good for me! Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

My checking account is with Woodforest.  I chose them for convenience of location, and I can't complain.  There's a $12 annual fee for the debit card.  Overdraft fees are per transaction.  That's pretty much all you need to know.  :)   I don't have experience with the second chance checking, but I think it's wonderful that it's an option!

Nov 19, 2012 Reply

I finally found a bank that gave me a second chance.Thank YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH.

cutetallchick's review was:

Aug 30, 2012 Reply

cutetallchick(1, 2)

Review by cutetallchick

Awsome services Free checking w/DD reports to credit agenceies work with past problems until they are no problems!

mdgriffinsr's review was:

Mar 28, 2012 Reply

mdgriffinsr(1, 2)

Review by mdgriffinsr

After only 4 months, so far so good.

Jun 28, 2013 Reply

They are great!

Feb 06, 2014 Reply
Results 1-10 of 23Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 3   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of Woodforest National Bank

Known for the motto, “Banking your way, EVERYDAY AND NIGHT!”, Woodforest National Bank provides quality customer service, products, and branches that are open “around the clock” in select areas. Woodforest National Bank provides both personal banking and business banking services. Banking products available include checking, savings, CDs, IRAs, online banking, and personal loans. Additional services include bank deposits until 8pm, immediate availability of most deposits, financial education resources, bill pay, and daily email balance notification. Woodforest National Bank serves customer in Texas, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.

Established in 1980, Woodforest National Bank is part of the Woodforest Financial Group Inc.

Company Details