Banking Reviews

Results 1-10 of 16Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 2   Previous | Next
Web Bank isn't all that they seem. Helpful to 7 out of 7 people

I read another post, here, and it explained what's wrong with Web Bank. They use Equifax for credit checks and they  make the most mistakes of all three credit bureaus. No wonder they don't use Experian which makes very few mistakes and would give you a better  rating. Becareful if you use Web Bank. They may approve you but watch out for high interest rates and check your bill to make sure they aren't adding extra charges. If you have to use them keep these things in mind. I have Bill Me later and it's a nightmare.

May 29, 2013 Reply
Approved with a 542 Helpful to 20 out of 23 people

I received a flyer in the mail and applied and was approved with a $100 limit. I had to call CS to update my address and the rep suggested I make a small purchase and pay it off slowly. I made a $50 purchase and it paid it off over 4 months. After my last payment I received a CLI to $500! Their products are full retail no sales/discounts but they are all name brand items I can use and I'm happy to have another positive tradeline as I work to rebuild.

sincitymel's review was:

Jul 11, 2013 Reply

sincitymel(2, 21)

Review by sincitymel

Web Bank is Great Helpful to 5 out of 5 people

Fingerhut sent me a catolog with a $400 pre approval. So after a few more catologs I saw something I could use for about $90 and ordered it. Quick easy and fast shipping. I made one payment and they increased my limit to $1200 I made another payment (on time) and now its $1600 Great way to rebuild and credit if you need it. Thank you web bank.

Mar 24, 2014 Reply
HKMR36 Helpful to 4 out of 4 people

I am exited over Web Bank.  They financed me when no one else would.  I did notice that they are reporting to at least one of the three credit bureaus.  They are listed as personal loans.  Very thankful for their service.

Dec 21, 2012 Reply

Review by kingblack22

Easy and fast

Feb 22, 2014 Reply
APPROVED!!!! Helpful to 3 out of 4 people

I applied yesterday and got approved for a $200 credit limit!!!!, i believe i have a revolving account. Not bad since I am trying to rebuild my credit. Im glad that they report to transunion and equifax because both my scores are in the high 500's and this should boost them a little.

regina623's review was:

Feb 07, 2013 Reply

regina623(2, 4)

Review by regina623

If you dont mind me asking where did you apply for credit with them? I belive I would like to try and get set up with them.

twmelvin's reply was:

Apr 24, 2013

twmelvin(1, 0)

Review by twmelvin

i just got a letter from so me one at this company that says i owe them 1400. dollars only this is i don't know this company never ordered a credit card and i am not paying this or any other amount infact i am going to the sherriffs dept monday and make a report of fraud and theft eith some peace of s--t used my name and this crappy company did not check them out and gave them credit at my expence and now they expect me to pay for that.i am going to press charges and call the us attoeney general office to make a complaint.

Mar 09, 2013 Reply

A lot of online services use WebBank, for example Dell does if you have a loan from them.

Arenlor's reply was:

Apr 11, 2013

Arenlor(1, 1)

Review by Arenlor

Fingerhut approved me with a 582 Helpful to 1 out of 1 people

I received a $100 credit line through fingerhut and per the suggestion of the service rep on the phone, I made a purchase for $50 and paid it off over 4 payments. After my 4th payment, my credit line increased to $500!! This is my 2nd unsecured credit line in about 5 years. I'm working hard to pay debts, fight bad reports, and establish new lines and this line has helped my score!

sincitymel's review was:

Jul 11, 2013 Reply

sincitymel(2, 21)

Review by sincitymel

pre approved.... not so much Helpful to 1 out of 1 people

they sent a teaser rate pre approved letter in the mail.   they used the trademark Prosper.  the rate they qoted and the amount offered to finance was wildly different than what the letter suggested they would be able to offer.  this upped my count of credit inquirys and further reduced my credit score by doing so.   i would not reccomend replying to any mailed offers they send you unless you have perfect credit in the 800 range.  then i would think twice since all the loans i currently have have a intrest rate that is lower than the deal they purported to be able to offer.

Jul 05, 2013 Reply
Results 1-10 of 16Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 2   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of WebBank

WebBank provides full financial services for consumer and business needs. WebBank offers financial products such as loans, credit cards, and deposits. WebBank products and services include small business lending, commercial lending, receivables financing, and consumer and commercial private label bank card programs. Private label products include the creation of finance programs such as Closed-end Installment Loans and Revolving Charge. Bank card services include private labels, general use credit cards, small business, and fleet cards. Additional financing products offered include Peer-to Peer and credit card alternatives.

Established in 1997, WebBank is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. WebBank is a state chartered industrial bank with $77 million assets.

Company Details