Banking Reviews Advertiser Disclosure

Amegy Bank of Texas

Dec 04, 2016
Shady

Maybe its just maybe, maybe its just the way they process their work but I have a credit limit of $1800. No matter how hard I try; After I add my available balance and my current/pending charges, The total NEVER adds up to exactly $1800 its always a few cents off whether higher or lower. Again, I don't know if they are including some type of hidden intrest fees but any time you add up your balance it should always equal your limit. Either someone is doing shady things and stealing pennies per account, or there's a undergrad failing to properly add and subtract basic numbers.

Jun 18, 2016
ILLEGITIMATE BLOODY FEES
victorio1sw Account Holder

I had an uncle that ran Marlin (Texas) National Bank. He prophetically said 25 years ago: "Banks think they can make money with Fees, but all they will make is ENEMIES".

Amegy Bank has begun charging an OUTRAGEOUS $7.50 Fee when money is pushed from the Kick Account into your checking account. Then the Kick account charges you a whopping 18% until you repay the pushed amount.

But on your savings accounts you get almost No Interest. I had $100,000 in this bank for two years, and never got enough annual interest to be reported to IRS (<$10).

This bank Now Sucks!! They are losing Customers, and Cannot Keep Employees either. Walk into the bank on Steubner-Airline and No One will Recognize you -- even if you have been there for 25 years!! I Speak with EXPERIENCE as a 25 year customer SOON TO LEAVE. I must remove my $18,000 savings before the Amegy Morons Fee it into Oblivion.

Jun 16, 2016
BLOODY NEW FEES
victorio1sw Account Holder

I had an uncle that ran Marlin (Texas) National Bank.  He prophetically said 25 years ago: "Banks think they can make money with Fees, but all they will make is ENEMIES".

Amegy Bank has begun charging an OUTRAGEOUS $7.50 Fee when money is pushed from the Kick Account into your checking account.  Then the Kick account charges you a whopping 18% until you repay the pushed amount.

But on your savings accounts you get almost No Interest.  I had $100,000 in this bank for two years, and never got enough annual interest to be reported to IRS (<$10).

This bank Now Sucks!!  They are losing Customers, and Cannot Keep Employees either.  Walk into the bank on Steubner-Airline and No One will Recognize you -- even if you have been there for 25 years!!  I Speak with EXPERIENCE as a 25 year customer SOON TO LEAVE.  I must remove my $18,000 savings before the Amegy Morons Fee it into Oblivion.

Mar 18, 2016
Slow and ineffective
NotAskingForMuch Account Holder

Friendly people, but highly inefficient organization. No follow up on applictions or requests unless you go to the bank personally to stir things up. The front end has no idea what the back end is doing. According to account management the back office is overloaded with work. Front ofice will tell you one thing while the back office will send you automated letters telling you the opposite. I thought this is exactly what you're trying to prevent by going to a small(er) bank rather than a big bank. I guess not.

How would you rate this bank overall?

What should others know about this bank?