Banking Reviews

Results 1-10 of 136Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 14   Previous | Next

I have recently signed up with Ally and have gotten nothing but the greatest of service, be if from calling in to their online chat. They have the best rates out there for savings and checking as well as the lowest fees if you have to early terminate a cd/money market account in comparison to my prior bank Wach-over-ya/Unwells Fargo. Keep up the great work Ally.

mlmoore1969's review was:

Mar 10, 2011 Reply

mlmoore1969(2, 14)

Review by mlmoore1969

I am farily new to Ally and have nothing but positive feedback. Their website is exremely easy to navigate, making every single transaction a breeze. I love that they are always available, online or on the telelephone, they have $0 ATM fees making it extremely easy and convenient to access my cash and most recently I discovered their Ally Perks!

I had doubts about moving from one bank to another but not anymore. I've managed to save more money with Ally without much change in my spending habits.

masaldana's review was:

Jun 24, 2011 Reply

masaldana(1, 13)

Review by masaldana

Great Products, Great Service Helpful to 7 out of 7 people

I have been an Ally customer for about a year now, and I have had nothing but good experiences with them. After having a terrible time with Chase Bank last year I decided to try Ally out, and I could not be happier with my choice.

The accounts have great interest rates compared to the competition (my checking account makes more interest than most competitors' savings accounts), and Ally has extremely customer-friendly policies. For instance, they refund ATM fees charged by other banks, limit your over-draft fee to once-a-day regardless of how many overdrafts, and they don't even charge an overdraft fee for most overdraft charges. I also get free checks and smart-phone check deposits!

My experience with customer service has always been amazing as well. I never wait any longer than a minute to speak with a person, and the representatives have always been American and spoken English perfectly. They always seemed to have a genuine interest in solving my problems, which is a very big factor for me in customer service interactions.

I would like to note that I have never had issues with account lock-outs or fraud alerts from Ally like some of the people on here have described. I cannot say anything in regards to the accuracy of these individuals' statements; I can only reflect on my own experiences. I have, however, experienced similar things with Chase bank, which is actually the reason that I left them.

I would recommend Ally to anyone, and in fact I have. I got both my mother and my roommate to switch to Ally earlier this year, and they are loving their new bank just as much as I do.

d0n7pan1c's review was:

Jul 28, 2013 Reply

d0n7pan1c(1, 7)

Review by d0n7pan1c

Set up a checking and savings account with no issues whatsoever with a terrible 535 ck score. I love that they reimburse my atm fees, and free checks, and I can reach someone 24/7 365. They have had great service every time I've called, making sure all my questions are answered. I am happy with this bank and glad I moved my money from my fee ridden account.

jaskl129's review was:

May 17, 2011 Reply

jaskl129(2, 11)

Review by jaskl129

I have read all the disclosures and cannot find anything that is negative about them. I had a low ck score but got approved.

katsmith's review was:

Dec 08, 2010 Reply

katsmith(8, 16)

Review by katsmith

Great bank, never had issues Helpful to 5 out of 5 people

I have seen these people time and time again talking about a locked bank account after having an account open for only a couple weeks. I saw these reviews several years ago all across different places to review and was skeptical of using Ally Bank. I took a chance and have been happily and basically soley using them for a couple years now. Couldn't be happier. Their CS is always quick and responsive. Couldn't be happier. Only downside is that you can't deposit cash.

May 29, 2013 Reply
Decent Bank Helpful to 7 out of 8 people

I don't use this account much anymore but they where always a decent bank with very low fees and only a $9.00 overdraft.  In my experiance (I only had one) they even gave me a refund for the overdraft.

The downside to this bank is their mobile app.. It is very lacking and buggy.  It is very hard to take a picture to deposit checks.

The upsides to Ally are their customer service.  I have called them several times with wait times normally under 1 min.  All American based reps that are very easy to understand and they understand you.

Overall good bank.  My account is still open just never used..

devin37354's review was:

Apr 12, 2013 Reply

devin37354(6, 24)

Review by devin37354

NO problems so far. Helpful to 3 out of 3 people

They are so much better than Wells Fargo and other banks I had accounts with before I signed for this bank. I haven't had any issues so far.

DreamWeava's review was:

Nov 23, 2013 Reply

DreamWeava(1, 3)

Review by DreamWeava

Best Bank I have dealt with Helpful to 3 out of 3 people

I have been a member since 2010. Never had any issues to this day (knock on wood).

I was a victim in that Play Station hack incident. They made 3 transactions on my checking account and Ally quickly refunded the $135. And changed my debit card numbers for me.

I have had great expirences talking to their American customer service representatives.

I love everything about this bank. I do hope they only get better.

santadidit's review was:

May 17, 2013 Reply

santadidit(1, 3)

Review by santadidit

Ally Rocks Helpful to 3 out of 3 people

I have had Ally for over a year. I am very pleased with customer service and have switched my husband's and mother-in-law's accounts over also. The initial deposit does take a while to clear but once it is there there is no problems.  I am very pleased with Ally!  Customer service always so helpful! That alone is worth any small problems I may have.

wvangel's review was:

Mar 01, 2013 Reply

wvangel(1, 3)

Review by wvangel

Results 1-10 of 136Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 14   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of Ally® Bank

Ally Bank, renamed and re-branded from GMAC Bank in 2008, is an internet bank premised on being a “straightforward” bank with a consumer-friendly approach. Headquartered in Utah, Ally aims to set itself apart from other banks by offering simple, transparent financial products with competitive interest rates. Product offers include certificates of deposit, money market, savings, and checking accounts. Ally is best known for its high-interest savings accounts, No-Penalty CDs, and “no-fees” policy, as well as its popular advertising campaigns. Customer service includes live telephone service with an Ally representative.

Ally Bank is part of Ally Financial Inc., formerly GMAC (General Motors Acceptance Corporation) until the company was officially renamed in 2010. Ally Financial Inc provides banking, automotive financing, mortgage, business, and investment services.

Company Details