Auto Loan Reviews Advertiser Disclosure

Sovereign® Bank Auto Loans

From Borrowers in the last year

Compare Auto Loan Rates

View your top Auto Loan recommendations and compare rates on Credit Karma.

FIND RECOMMENDATIONS

These reviews were written by current and former borrowers in the last year.

Aug 10, 2016
Charges $10 for an online pament!
fonegirl66 Borrower

This loan was the only company in 2011 that would finance the 2008 Mazda I purchased with $3500. down.  Interest rate was almost 24%! After two years of perfect on time payments I lost my job and called them to see if they could put one of my payments on the end of the loan....you have to apply for this and they never really let you know, you just have to keep calling, well finally a few weeks later they decided to tell me I was denied but had no reason why and this is AFTER my payment was due.  Customer Service is terrible, charging to make a payment online is ridiculous, and when the car ended up being totaled, Geico sent them the pay off amount immediately, in the beginning of the month, well it won't show as being paid off until the end of the month and then I have to wait until the end of the 2nd month for them to send to the credit bureaus so I can finance a new car.  So basically, I have to wait two months to buy a new car because there is no way I am paying that amount of interest again.  I am steadily working to improve my credit score and by the way, I was driving the car for a MONTH before I knew if they were giving me the loan or not, that was scary!

Aug 18, 2016

I totally agree with you these guys are bottom feeders i sold traded truck to dealership they sent exact amount to payoff called to see how much of a refund i am going to get they told me only $120 but i told them i am owed 300. they said that the dealership didn't send the right amount but called dealership they confirmed that they sent the right amount . can't get through to them to save the life of me bc they closed my account bc it was paid off I can't talk to anyone about this buls*&t bank would never use even if they were the last bank on earth.

Apr 10, 2016
Garbage company
Rawjay1 Borrower

I had bad credit, my car broke I needed a new car I saved up what money I could and went to the dealer. Santander bank was the only company that would finance my loan I was qualified for a 2008 acura for 11800. The payments were 448 at 29%Apr. On the lpan I was paying $500 per month and making the payment earlier then due, to my surprise only $80 of my $500 payment is going to the actual car.

How would you rate this loan overall?

What should others know about this loan?