Auto Insurance Reviews Advertiser Disclosure

CIG - Auto Insurance

From Policyholders in the last year

Compare Auto Insurance Offers

View your top Auto Insurance recommendations and compare rates on Credit Karma.

FIND RECOMMENDATIONS

These reviews were written by current and former policyholders in the last year.

Apr 16, 2016
Comp auto insurance and homeowners.
Dben9 Policyholder

I've been insured with CIG for 14 years.  Their homeowners rates were hundreds of dollars cheaper than my former carrier, State Farm, and insured our home for it's full value, which State Farm would not.  When I did a comparison of my State Farm auto policies with CIG, the difference in coverage and price was astouncding!  My agent actually told me I was underinsured by State Farm and that I was at risk for personal claims with such a low level of insurance.  I increased our coverage and my CIG premium was still less than the State Farm Premium.  My agent has ALWAYS been helpful and cooperative and the claims adjusters at CIG have always been efficient and professional.  I think all these negative reviews are coming from people who screwed up their payments and want to blame the company instead of their own irresponsibility!

Apr 11, 2016
Horrible
Anonymous Policyholder

The customer service department is not on the same page.  I spoke to numerous agents that told me conflicting information.  I made a payment with a credit card that was cancelled due to theft before the payment posted.  I was not informed that the payment wasn't made and was sent to collections.

How would you rate this policy overall?

What should others know about this policy?