Will removing collections from my credit report bring my credit score to what it was?
I just found out yesterday that a collections agency has left a negative remark on my credit report because of which my credit score went down by 98 points. The debt amount is only $64 and I honestly did not realize that I owed that amount. This was reported to my credit repot sometime in the last 2-3 weeks. So this is very recent. My question is, if I opt for the "Pay for Delete" option with the collections agency, and they remove the remark from my credit report, will my credit score go back up by 98 points to being exactly what it was before the collection agency reported?? What is the right method to getting back my credit score back to what it was?? Thanks