Question

Rosscove

Will my credit score improve if I decline an available balance on my credit card?
I owe $7500 on my credit card with an available balance of $9000. The cc company just sent me a new card and if I activate it I would be paying 19% interest on future purchases. I refuse to borrow any money at that rate. I am working to pay down the balance which is locked in at 8.9%. I am simply paying what I can each month but it will take a while to pay down. Will my credit score change if I call the cc company and ask them to reduce the available balance to zero? My cc dropped from. 730 to 702 even though I significantly paid down the balance a few months ago and I have never had a late payment on my record. Now this low score is affecting my ability to get a decent auto loan rate. What can I do to get my score back up even though I don't have the ability to pay any of my debt off this year?