Will getting a credit card raise my credit score?
I currently have no credit cards, so my credit card utilization is 0%. From what I have read, credit score will be higher with a small amount of utilization than with zero percent, but I am worried about the hit I may take from a hard inquiry as well as lowing my average account age. I am trying to buy a house within 6 months and would like to raise my score a bit before starting the mortgage process.

I currently have a score of 664 as reported by Credit Karma. 100% payment history, no derogatory marks. My average age of credit is 3 years, 1 month from 2 accounts, so adding another account will reduce my average age to about 2 years.

So my question is, will the hit that I take from the decreased account age and hard inquiry be offset by the increase from adding some credit card utilization?