Will combining credit card limits hurt or help my credit score?
I have two Chase credit cards (Freedom and Amazon Rewards) I recently found out there is an option to take the limit ($500) from the Amazon Rewards and transfer it to the Freedom, making my $700 limit a $1200 limit. This would then cancel my Amazon Rewards card but I would get to keep the same total limit and thus keep my credit utilization ration the same. My Amazon Rewards card was opened a little less than a year ago so I'm not too concerned about the average age of accounts going down. I have too many cards to keep track of and am trying to get rid of some of them without taking too much of a ding on my score. So does anyone know if combining limits and cancelling will work out better than just cancelling the card?