Will adding a HELOC to my credit mix help or hinder my credit score?
Depending on the CRA my current FICO score is 824 to 840. Since I no longer have a mortgage on my home worth $250k I'm thinking about adding a HELOC to my credit mix even though I have no immediate need to take out any funds. Would a $50k HELOC with a zero balance help or hinder my score? I'm debt free and already have total of $130k credit line on multiple "cash back" rewards credit cards and pay them off every month so I never pay any credit card interest. I've worked very hard to get my FICO score in the Excellent range and want to keep it there.