Question

Sbrooks712

Will a negative student loan account always be negative?
I missed a few payments about 5 years ago on my student loans. I have never defaulted, and I've paid on time since then. They are still listed on my credit report as negative accounts. Will that change after so many on time payments or will it always be a negative account?

It should change after a period of on-time payments.  Usually the negatives will drop off within 7 years, but that history of on-time payments during this perioid will take the "sting" out of the negatives.

Yes, it will stay on there, but they late payments no longer count against your credit score, so don't sweat it.  Only late payments made within the last 2 years go against your credit score.  Have you already consolidated your loans?  If not, contact Crest at 469-619-0644 to see if you qualify for an income based repayment plan.  No charge to check it out.