Question

casamt

Why is my DISMISSED Chapter 13 Bankruptcy on the house in my Mom's name on all MY credit reports?
I cared for my Mom in her home until she died.The house loan was in my Mom's name only, but when she died she wanted it to go to me. I was able to get the title in my name after her death, but not the loan. I filed a Chapter 13 to try to save it, but it was Dismissed because I couldn't do it financially. The house foreclosed with the Loan still in Mom's name, but now it's on MY credit reports. Losing her & her house wasn't enough, now property management places won't rent to me because it's the first thing that pops up when they check my credit. Is this right??